Goodbye Jesus

Is Jesus The Anti-Christ?

Ravenstar

30 I and the Father are one.”[/size]

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?[/size] [/size]

As an aside, The author of this Gospel has Jesus saying "written in your law", which raises two technical issues I found interesting when I looked at this some time ago.

First, Psalms is not the law, it's scripture but not part of the teachings of Moses.

Second, Jesus says "your law", when he should have said "our law".

Jesus was supposed to be a king messiah and was assigned the job of representing Jewish law as a Jew of high standing.

In his defense, the writer probably didn't even understand the original context of what he was quote mining at all.  

Or, if he DID understand what he was doing with the quote mine, then we're looking at one hell of a blatant bullshit artist at work using known polytheistic pantheon oriented texts in order to make FALSE claims to Godhood as per twisting scripture.

Great observation and a classic example of theological crapola either way.

The author of John also strays from the Synoptic Gospels by having Jesus arrested, tried, and crucified on the eve of the Passover Seder while the other tales have him eating the Passover meal and then being arrested.

The author of John wanted to portray Jesus as a Passover lamb, which isn't a sin sacrifice at all. It commemorates an event.

• Like 1

^ Bingo!!!

From what I can tell the Gospel of John has no firm appearance into the literary and historical record until the end of the 2nd century, far removed from the usual end of the first century assumptions for it's creation which are even then far too removed from any first hand eye witness testimony. This is the language of an outsider trying to put words into the mouth of a story line Hero character and giving himself away in the process. It's also the most Egyptian of the Gospels with it's little Lazarus / Osiris, Martha and Mary / Isis and Nepthys, and Jesus / Horus resurrection play among many other things. It starts off firmly as an attempt to try and proselytize Egyptian Gnostics with the Platonic and Philonic "Logos" theology and bring them into the orthodoxy by making use of their own symbolism and trying to USURP it in the process. Then it goes on lead into the the antics Ive outlined in John 10:30 and beyond which seek to provide an orthodox version of enlightenment.

The more we pay close attention to it the deeper it will unfold...

I can't help but wonder, but with the ever-increasing exposure given to the recent discoveries of ancient gnostic texts such as the Gospels of Peter, Judas, Thomas and Mary, and the inclusion of Mary Magdalene as a disciple in History Channel's "The Bible", is Gnosticism being revived?

srd: Beelzebub... interesting etymology that one... basically "Lord of the Flies" is a slur...2 Kings 1:2-17. it's calling Ba'al (the god worshipped in Ekron was Ba'al Zebul, Ba'al Zebub is a nasty play on the name) -  a steaming pile of dung - or a 'load of crap' according to Jewish scholars, (ba'al - 'lord'   ze'bub - Fly) It's an insult and mock a pagan deity and his followers.. it was then adopted in the NT to describe Satan.. nice, huh? John Milton then adopted it and ascribed it tof one of his demons in Paradise Lost.

wow.. good stuff.  and yes.. botx: gnosticism is on the rise. I know a few people who are getting into the Nag Hammadi, and speak about us being in the 'bronze age' and all the rest ... I have one friend, a professional astrologer and gnostic, who will talk for hours on this.  :D

I haven't yet read it.  :(

hmmm... it seems that the NT authors were not really up on the polytheistic roots of Judaism.. understandable - there were centuries of polytheistic propaganda before them. There does seem to be quite a bit of quote mining in the NT.

I think it's fascinating though that the Hindus, and Egyptians/Chaldeans/Greeks came to the same conclusions about astrological significance... as above indeed! Are we to suppose that this view had a common source? It's a possibility.. actually it seems to be a probability. There are too many parallels. I don't know enough about zoroastrianism to comment on that influence.

(Josh.. I was an SD for a time, so am familiar with the interpretation that the 'end of the world' is actually the creation of a 'new earth'.. and not a rapture into heaven ;)   I could never understand how people got that idea that the new age was eternity in heaven, as a spirit, when the bible doesn't say that. From what I understand the Bible doesn't even support the idea that the soul is eternal - or separate from the body.)

But with all this stuff... it strengthens the concept that the character Jesus is a mythological/astrological creation, and that christianity is a paganized, mystery school adaptation of Judaism.. which on closer examination ALSO seems to be astrologically based, at least in parts. However, the Bible is schizophrenic about astrology:

FOR:

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:"

Genesis 37:9 "And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me."

Judges 5:20 "They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses(transits) fought against Sisera.

Job 38:31-33 "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth(the Zodiac) in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

Psalms 8:3 "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;"

Psalms 147:4 "He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names."

Jeremiah 31:35 "Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night..."

Matthew 2:1-2 "...there came wise men(astrologers/magicians)from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him."

Luke 21:25 "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars;..."

I Corinthians 15:41 "There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory."

Against

Leviticus 19:26 "Ye shall not eat anything with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Deuteronomy 4:16-19 "Lest ye corrupt yourselves,...And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Deuteronomy 18:10 "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,"

Isaiah 47:13-14 "Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognostigators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it."

Okay.. more thoughts:  Leo is a solar symbol (royalty/god), Aquarius is the symbol for man.

As to the coming golden age.. would that explain the New Jerusalem as being a city paved with gold as described in Revelations? The more I look at this the more I see the entire Bible, and especially the more prophecy based books, as an exercise in astrology. 12, 144 cubits... 12 tribes (houses? Constellations?) 12 disciples, 12 gates, 12 stones, etc..

I find it odd that Jesus is both identified with the lamb and the fish. (Aries and Pisces) could this be a reference to the time of 'influence'? Yet he self-identified as the 'son of man', which would be more an Aquarian ideal, and he tells 2 of his disciples to find and follow a man carrying water (aquarius).

So, I had to go back and reread the Luke passage.. seems to be a lot more there than first meets the eye, huh?

Mark 14:13, 14

13 So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. 14 Say to the owner of the house he enters, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 15 He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.”

very curious..    It's an odd little additive to the preparation for the last supper/arrest, which is the climax of the story really. I also find it funny that these odd verses are pretty much ignored in modern churches. I never heard about them until I began my own study. Yet this guy, this Jesus, is supposedly the utterer of this very astrological reference.

I guess it comes down to this though... what exactly were they trying to tell us? What is the significance of the precession?

You said:

"In Revelation we find the river of life as the milky way down on the new earth just as the Nile was to reflect the milky way above down below on the earth. Same general "as above so below" symbolism going on which was also going on in the hermetic literature of the time. By this scheme as the world ascends out of the dark lower ages of precession a final battle with darkness goes down basically in the Treta Yuga / Aquarius/Leo (see below) which then also corresponds to when Orion's belt stars finally reach the stellar maximum on the meridian and then reverse direction abruptly in the way that the sun abruptly reverses direction at the solstices. They seem to be suggesting that a celestial shift observed above will have a parallel down below on the earth and result in a conflict. And the shift in directional movement observed above is addressed to mark an end of the dark ages of precession for the rest of the duration of the Great Year. It's after the final battle when the 12 jewels imagery about the zodiac in reverse order is given which can work as a code key for understanding that the drama has been addressed to precession mythology all along, like Ezekiel as you've pointed out and Daniel BTW. Remember the Golden headed statue winding down to Iron and bottoming out with an Iron clay mix? Tends to reflect the Great Year doesn't it?"

amazing...

and still.. this all supports the idea that Jesus is NOT what people think he is... and would be considered a false prophet by OT standards. My question now is... was this knowledge infused/manipulated deliberately?, or is it so fundamental and ancient that it just seeps it's way into most religious literature?

and still.. this all supports the idea that Jesus is NOT what people think he is... and would be considered a false prophet by OT standards. My question now is... was this knowledge infused/manipulated deliberately?, or is it so fundamental and ancient that it just seeps it's way into most religious literature?

It seems so in both cases. It's so fundamental and ancient because it's addressed to the second function of a traditional mythology, the cosmological function. And also it was infused / manipulated delibertately into area's that might have lacked it previously by those who decided that it ought to be added in. So there's no telling if the Prophet's already had it before hand or if the zodiacal stuff we find was added in the Alexandrian filtering process.

Look at what Joseph Campbell ran into when looking at the OT against the Vedic and Norse astromythology:

"The Inner Reaches of Outer Space: Metaphor as Myth and as Religion"

P. 9-12

"For example, in the Hindu sacred epics...the number of years reckoned to the present cycle of time, the so-called Kali Yuga, is 432,000; the number reckoned to the "great cycle", within this Yuga falls is 4,320,000. But then reading one day in the Icelandic Eddas, I discovered that in Othin's warrior hall, there were 540 doors, through each of which, on the "Day of The Wolf" (that is to say at the end of the present cycle of time), there would pass 800 divine warriors to engage the antigods in a mutual battle of annihilation. 800 x 540 = 432,000.

...In Babylon, I then recalled, there had been a Chaldean priest, Berossos, who c. 280 BCE., had rendered into Greek an account of the history and mythology of Babylonia, wherein it was told that between the rise of the first city, Kish, and the coming of the Babylonian mythological flood (from which that of the bible is taken), there elapsed 432,000 years, during which antediluvian era, ten kings reigned. Very long lives! Longer even than Methuselah's (Genesis 5:27), which had been of 969.

So I turned to the Old Testament (Genesis 5) and counting the number of antediluvian patriarchs, Adam to Noah, discovered, of course, that they were ten. How many years? Adam was 130 years old when he begat Seth, who was 105 when he begat Enosh, and so on, to Noah, who was 600 years old when the flood came: to a grand total, from the first day of Adams creation to the first drop of rain of Noah's flood, of 1,656 years. Any relation to 432,000? ...it was shown that in 1,656 years there are 86,400 seven-day weeks. 86,400 divided by 2 equals 43,200.

And so it appears that in the book of Genesis there are two contrary theologies represented in relation to the deluge. One is the old tribal, popular tale of a willful, personal creator god, who saw that "the wickedness of man was great in the earth..." (Genesis 5:6-7). The other idea, which is in fundamental contrast, is that of the disguised number, 86,400, which is a deeply hidden reference to the Gentile, Sumero-Babylonian, mathmatical cosmology of ever-revolving cycles of impersonal time, with whole universes and their populations coming into being, flowering for a season of 43,200 (432,000 or 4,320,000) years, dissolving back into the cosmic mother-sea to rest for an equal amount of years before returning, and so again, and again, and again.

It is to be noticed, by the way, that 1+6+5+6=18, which is twice 9, while 4+3+2=9: 9 being associated with the goddess mother of the world and it's gods. In India the number of recited names in a litany of this goddess is 108. 1+0+8= 9, while 108 X 4 = 432.

...It is strange that in our history books the discovery of the precession of the equinoxes should be attributed to Hipparchus, second century BC., when the magic number 432 (which when multiplied by 60 produces 25,920) was already employed in the reckoning of major cycles of time before that century.

It's worth noting that the first Hellenistic influence came when the Septuagint was produced, which, was post Babylonian and probably accounts for what Joseph Campbell stumbled into. The cyclical angle was infused deliberately into the texts. The Septuagint is the oldest surving version of the Bible and Hebrew translations actually come after it from what I understand. Glancing over at the Great Year this writing period sprang into action during the last few centuries before the common era, in other words, just as the Great Year was coming to a close. Myths were amalgamated and combined and in the process a lot of the available material from the last Great Year was consolidated into the Bible.

And then during the first few centuries of the common era the mythologizing sprang into action again, involving Alexandria once again, and then after most of the works were complete the libraries were systematically ransacked and destroyed. I wonder what sort of smoking gun evidence may have existed which was unflattering enought to where orthodox authorities wanted it all destroyed?

Another look at Revelation from the chapter, "The Meaning of Revelation" in the Christ Conspiracy:

The Meaning of Revelation

Another biblical “code” in need of decipherment is the book of Revelation, which has mystified and fascinated people for centuries with its bizarre imagery and purported prophecy. This fascination has lead to endless speculation and interpretation of its prophecy, by biblical literalists, who, being unable to do anything else with it, usually interpret Revelation allegorically. …As Pike says, “The Apocalypse, or Revelations, by whom ever written, belongs to the orient and extreme antiquity. It reproduces what is far older than itself.” Higgins concurs:

“That the work called the apocalypse of St. John…is of very great antiquity is clearly proved by the fact that it makes the year only 360 days long – the same length that it is made in the third book of Genesis.”

Based on its astrological imagery, Massey evinced that Revelation, rather than having been written by any apostle named John during the 1st century CE, was an ancient text dating to 4,000 years ago and relating the Mithraic legend of one of the early Zoroaster’s. The text has also been attributed, psuedepigraphically to Horus’s scribe, Aan, whose name has been passed down as “John.” …In fact, the words “Jesus” and “Christ”, and the phrase “Jesus Christ” in particular, are used sparingly in Revelation, revealing they were interpolated (long) after the book was written, as were the Judaizing elements. …In fact, Revelation records the mythos of the precession of the equinoxes, or the “Great Year,” and was apparently written to usher in the age of Aries, which began around 4,400 years ago. As Churchward says:

“The drama appears tremendous in the book of Revelation, because the period ending is on the scale of one Great Year. It is not the ending of the world, but of a Great Year of the world.”

Churchward continues:

“The book of Revelaton is and always has been inexplicable, because it’s based on the Egyptian Astronomical Mythology without the gnosis, or “meaning which hath wisdom” that is absolutely necessary for an explanation of its subject matter.”

Sacred Numerology / Gematria

The book of Revelation is in fact an encapsulation of the ancient astrological mythos and religion. A Part of which is sacred numerology. Indeed, several sacred numbers repeatedly make their appearance in Revelation, such as three, seven, 12, 24, etc. The “seven stars” or “spirits” are the seven “planets” that make up the days of the week and the Seven Sisters, which were variously the pole-stars or the Pleiades. …The seven “torches of fire” or seven branch lamp stand symbolizes the sun in the middle, with the moon and five inner planets as satellites, corresponding to the days of the week. Concerning Jesus as the lamb with seven horns and eyes, Wells says:

“Revelations figuring the heavenly Jesus as a lamb with seven horns and seven eyes ‘which are the spirits of God sent forth into all the earth” (5:6) is a manifold reworking of old traditions. Horns are a sign of power (Deuteronomy 33:17) and in Daniel designated kingly power. The seven eyes which inform the lamb of [what] is happening all over the earth seem to be residues from ancient astrological lore… according to which God’s eyes are the sun, the moon, and the five planets…”

The Great City of Revelation is the city of the Gods, located in the heavens, with the 12 gates of the zodiac. The “tree of life” in the city that bears “twelve manner of fruit” is also the zodiac. In edition, the 24 elders in white garments around the throne are the 24 hours of the day “around” the sun. The four angels “standing at the four corners of the earth” are the four cardinal points or angles of 90 degrees each…

Part of living through the darkest ages at the turn of a Great Year involves the belief that spiritual insight was at an all time low during these "times." Obviously understanding God in terms of the whole, that which is the energy of all existence and resides "within you" (The Kingdom of the Father is within you, I and the Father are one, The Kingdom of the Father is spread upon the earth but men do not see it, etc) is something that would have been lost on most people, especially the "Jews." All of this gnostic imagery and mystery school astromythological conceptualizing is squarely aimed at the "Salvation" of the world, but from the astrological symbolism it seems clear that the saving aspect has to do with personifying the world age of Pisces as a type of "saving grace" where the descent stops and ascension slowing begins. The world is conceptually "saved" from falling away forever into descent and darkness.

yugas.jpg

It seems pretty clear that these mystics wanted to tag Judaism with a touch of gnostic enlightenment and bring atonement (at-one-ment) with the tribal God YHWH in his monotheistic evolved form as THE God of the universe. The little bits about the 7 stations of Mithra / 7 Chakras seems to indicate that some one was thinking in terms of mapping out the scale to the mystical realization of Hero mythology where you realize that whatever God is and whatever you are, are not different (tat tvam asi / thou art that - Upanishads). That's essentially what the Golden Age ahead would entail on majority social scale as per the mythos - full unobstructed spiritual realization, understanding of unity, and knowing only wholeness, etc.

This is why I see the efforts as aimed towards the end justifying the means in the minds of the mystics responsible for all of this. But the means were dishonest by trying to falsely manipulate Jewish scripture and jump through all sorts of hoops to get to where they wanted to go. I struggle to find any respect for what they tried doing whether or not the end can be seen as honorable...

The Message of the Sphinx

In Heliopolitan theology, all these processes (destiny of world ages) were grouped together, summarized and expressed in a single image – the Bennu bird, the legendary Phoenix which at certain widely separated intervals fashioned a nest of aromatic boughs and spices, set it on fire and was consumed in the flames. From the pyre miraculously sprang a new Phoenix, which, after embalming its fathers ashes in an egg of myrrh, flew with the ashes to Heliopolis, where it deposited them in the alter of the sun-god Re. …The Egyptians associated the Phoenix with immortality.

Sources vary as to the period of the Bennu’s return, but in his authoritative study on the subject R.T. Rundle Clark mentions the figure of 12,954 years. Let us note that this figure accords very closely with a half-cycle of precession (where the full cycle, as we have seen, is 25,920 years). As such, the return of the Phoenix could be expressed in astronomical terms either as a slow sweep of the vernal point through the six houses of the zodiac – for example from the beginning of Leo to the beginning of Aquarius – or, at the meridian, as the number of years required for a star to move between its minimum and maximum altitudes about the horizon.

When considering such co-ordinates in the sky, we are immediately reminded of the Giza necropolis – of how the gaze of the Great Sphinx targets the vernal point on the eastern horizon, and of how the star shafts of the Great Pyramid lock into the meridian with machine-age accuracy. Moreover it can hardly be an accident that in the capstone or pyramidion placed on top of all pyramids was known in the ancient Egyptian language as the Benben and was considered to be a symbol of the Bennu bird (and thus also of rebirth and immortality).

…So the texts seem to invite us to attach leonine characteristics to the men of olden times, to the Ancestors, and to the Sages. …In this way they will lead us back to the trail of the followers of Horus (those following the movements of the sun) and to the notion that for thousands of years – spanning both the prehistoric and the historic periods – the members of a hidden academy may have been behind the scenes in Egypt, observing the stars with scientific rigor and manipulating men and events according to the celestial timetable…

The powerfully astronomical character of the Giza necropolis, although ignored by Egyptologists, has been recognized by open-minded and intuitive researchers throughout history. The Hermetic Neo-Platonists of Alexandria, for example, appear to have been acutely sensitive to the possibility of a ‘message’ and were quick to discern the strong astral qualities of the textual material and the monuments.

Vague memories of an astronomical ‘message’ at Giza appear to have filtered down to the middle Ages. In the seventeenth century, the British mathematician Sir Isaac Newton became deeply interested in the Great Pyramid… Later, in 1865 the Royal of Scotland, Charles Piazzi Smyth, launched an investigation into the Great Pyramid which he was convinced was an instrument of prophecy that incorporated a Messianic ‘message’.

In our own epoch – the epoch of 2,000 AD – the other extreme of the curious ‘balancing mechanism’ of Giza is about to be reached: Al Nitak today stands within a few arch seconds of the highest altitude that it will attain during its precessional cycle and the vernal point is about to drift into the constellation of Aquarius. Between the "First Time" and the “Last Time”, in other words, the skies have reversed themselves – literally flipped left to right – with Aquarius now marking the vernal equinox and Leo marking the autumnal equinox.

We wonder whether it is possible that the Sages of Heliopolis, working at the dawn of history, could somehow have created an archetypal ‘device’, a device designed to trigger off messianic events across the Ages – the pyramid age when the vernal point was in Taurus, for example, the Christic Age in Pisces, and perhaps even a New Age in Aquarius?

Of course no "device" is necessary because if religious leaders have been following astronomical charts throughout the "ages" and perhaps carrying on an old tradition of "manipulating men and events according to the celestial time table" then there you have it. No spooky celestial forces necessary to explain correspondences between the Great Year and things like society seeming to mirror it's suggested world age themes. You can see how this type of thing could have been around before Egypt, then passed down to the common era through Egypto-hellenistic contact with Judaism through the Septuagint and the NT efforts, and then continued on into the dark and middle ages and finally to the secret societies of Europe and the Americas. Pike and Churchward (Freemasons) sure seem to have a pretty direct insight into the meaning and antiquity of Revelation probably only letting on a mere fraction of what they actually knew about it behind the doors of sworn secrecy.

I'd be shocked if there isn't another big religious transformation going into the end of the age of the beginning of the next. There's too many people who have been expecting something big far too long for no one to step forward and continue the tradition of social manipulation according to the 'celestial time table'. People don't realize that it isn't as easy as hand wave dismissing astrology as nonsense and superstitious. The people who are in charge of things and who do subscribe to the teachings and philosophy of secret society groups can bring about any sort of parallel they like between celestial indicated time periods and the social order here on the earth. Spooky forces and supernatural fantasy don't even necessarily tie into it. And they've been manipulating all along so why would the next world age be any different?

I can already see mounting tell tale signs of possible religious transformation coming from the New Age communities. What was done around the turn of the common era will likely happen again when the vernal equinox sun rise begins to land in the constellation of Aquarius and a new world age personification myth will be in order yet again...

The great pyramids are not tombs, never were. The mathematics/astronomical correlations of the Great Pyramid are fascinating.. just it's construction is a mystery, much less it's real purpose. For a people who engraved/painted almost every surface they could with stories, myths, prayers and propaganda it is extremely odd that the great pyramids are devoid of such illustration... I think this points to a very different purpose than given to us by modern Egyptological theory.

This manipulation of religion (worldwide really) by unknown individuals and/or groups (throughout history) is an interesting idea and actually has some indications - though since the scope is so massive I can't see how to trace it.

I have studied a little astrology (not the 'horoscope stuff' found in popular literature.. more esoteric/hermetic) and I can't say it doesn't have any validity at this point - but since astrological symbology has been around for the entire history of civilization the question becomes chicken or egg stuff.

We are in for a change... it's already happening. A shift in the collective mindset of humanity. It began with The Age of Reason... (Thomas Payne; 1794) about the same time Uranus (Ruler of Aquarius) was discovered (!) 1781

Very intriguing coincidence...

Funny that a lot of the worlds' most powerful/successful men in history have been Freemasons though. From studying architecture it becomes apparent that the Masons were very active in placing deeper messages in a whole lot of what they built over the ages. I know modern freemasons aren't actually architects anymore but it seems the sacred geometry and the esoteric meanings have survived in some form. (Wasn't Hatshepsut's main man a brilliant architect?  hmmm.)

http://www.durham.net/~cedar/famous.html

Let's go down the rabbit hole!  :D

You may find this interesting.  http://www.livius.org/ap-ark/apollonius/apollonius01.html#Life

We are in for a change... it's already happening. A shift in the collective mindset of humanity. It began with The Age of Reason... (Thomas Payne; 1794) about the same time Uranus (Ruler of Aquarius) was discovered (!) 1781

Yes, that all started setting in shortly after leaving the Kali Yuga and entering into the Dwapara Yuga:

yugas.jpg

Very intriguing coincidence...

Yes, yes it is. 

Funny that a lot of the worlds' most powerful/successful men in history have been Freemasons though.

Yes, people that do know and understand cyclical conceptualization at that. Another obscure thing that sort of ties into this anticipation of the Aquarius-Leo axis that we've been considering is Yeats obscure esoteric poem, "The Second Coming." 

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi

Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

There's some gems above in this one.

When you're onto the correlation between the Giza Necropolis with the Sphinx and pyramids and the second motif of the Bible, it all just sort of opens up. I've seen apologists and others racking their brains on this one trying to figure out what sort of heresy Yeats was on about, never realizing that it's simply directed towards an esoteric understanding of what the Bible has clued in on with respect to Egyptian astromythological lore that passed down from Egypt to the NT in some way.

You know how Bethlehem is called "House of Bread" and associated with Virgo?

I'm sure you do if you've been into astrology and Hermetic lore. So let's have another look above at the Autumnal Equinox designated Great Year scheme.

The Autumnal age of Virgo (which is the vernal age of Pisces that we're currently watching come to a close) is about give "birth" to the Autumnal age of Leo, which is the age of Aquarius-Leo.

"Slouches towards Bethlehem [Virgo] to be born?"

This is some esoteric shit right here. It's been anticipated for the last 2,000 years or "twenty centuries of stony sleep..." just with respect to Luke 22:10 calling attention to the last passing over of the sun before the vernal equinox sun rise when the 12 signs of the annual year will move their 'wheel within a larger wheel' into the house of Aquarius-Leo, or as Yeats has it:

"A shape with lion body and the head of a man." 

I looked into this. Yeats claims to have obtained this type of information from spiritual forces. However, I'd suspect that's a cover for the initiated knowledge that was passed down to him through shared esoteric society knowledge. It doesn't take a spooky spirit to relay something this plain as day to any one with a back ground in the correlation between esoteric symbolism and the Christian "Second Coming" motif. It's very easily seen as fixed to an astromythological allegory about the 'first and second coming of the sun' into the first two houses of the precessional Great Year and Yeat's seemed to be quite clued in on the whole thing. More importantly, it all has to do with the earth's wobbling tilted axis, or rather a "rocking cradle" as Yeats disguised it. He went with the Autumnal route too with the Bethlehem reference which is a very esoteric way of putting it. On the surface these clues aren't so noticeable to the general exoteric orthodox Christian and so they scramble to figure out what to make of it.  

So when you mention the late 1700's as turning point, we can then look to the 1800's and 1900's and see this astromythological knowledge gaining in speed within modern esoteric communities and as a result many Biblical critics turned their attention mythicist theorizing about the Christ myth. Once a certain threshold was passed a lot of activity, conscious activity, followed. This takes us right into the Blavatsky era and the emergence of the theosophical movement too. Order of the Golden Dawn, etc. In fact all of this has transpired accordingly with respect to the designated ascension period of the age of Pisces leading into the age of Aquarius as the ascending Iron age / Kali Yuga became the ascending Silver age / Dwapara Yuga.

The lingering question remains, will the false prophet myth of Jesus Christ of Nazareth lead to yet another false prophet myth creation oriented around quote mining and scripture twisting his myths in NT, which, were in turn quote mined and scripture twisted myths from the OT before him? I wonder how the Aquarian age will find it's personification myth? 

And why does the Hero personification of a world age / aeon have to be such a scripture twisted amalgamation anyways? 

Is there no honorable way to present such a thing without trying to fool everyone into accepting it, or forcing the issue with brute force when people don't accept it? 

The Yeats poem is amazing. The sphinx is one of the most enigmatic symbols... but somehow I'm missing the connection with the christ. (?)  However.. the motif of the lion seems intrinsically entwined with christianity (Daniel, the four creatures, feeding christians to the lions... the juxtaposition of the lion and lamb symbols. So we have the ages moving from christ (Pisces/Virgo) to ?  Aquarius/Leo.... now the sphinx as mentioned before, is related to the last age of Leo/Aquarius (or at least points to it)  Full circle? (actually half circle)

So we also have the 'feeding' motif.. the "House of Bread', Bethlehem...Jesus feeding the people with FISH and BREAD, (Pisces/Virgo axle) ...then pointing his disciples to the 'man with the jar of water, just before he left... the sign of Aquarius symbolizes 'feeding' as well - the pouring out of 'living water', one foot on land and one in the water... it is used as the base of the image for the tarot card, The Star. (I usually read it as an astrological card...and as a sign of the service of the individuality of Aquarius to the collective)

"More importantly, it all has to do with the earth's wobbling, tilted axis, or rather a "rocking cradle" as Yeats disguised it."  Love that!   Make you wonder how the ancients figured all this out... or how much knowledge has been lost over the ages. The burning of the Library of Alexandria was no accident, and a deep tragedy. Make me wonder too how many treasures the Vatican has locked in it's archives.

"The lingering question remains, will the false prophet Jesus Christ of Nazareth lead to yet another false prophet creation oriented around by quote mining and scripture twisting his myths in NT, which, were in turn quote mined and scripture twisted myths from the OT before him? I wonder how the Aquarian age will find it's personification myth? 

And why does the Hero personification of a world age / aeon have to be such a scripture twisted amalgamation anyways? 

Is there no honorable way to present such a thing without trying to fool everyone into accepting it, or forcing the issue with brute force when people don't accept it?'

This is the problem with the masses, they are easily led (sheep) because they are culturally conditioned to look for a hero.. for the easy answers, for someone to fix things FOR them. They want/need a shepherd... a guru, a hero.

The real power players and the esoterically trained know this. (just check out the architecture of Washington D.C... very intriguing) The symbols are in use all around us but it takes a trained eye to notice it and interpretation is difficult. Motivation?

The Catholic Church has taken advantage of it for a very long time, I'm sure they are not the only ones.  The Order of the Golden Dawn is based on Hermes Trismegestus' teachings (which comes from Egypt originally - Thoth)... and though I find it sadly hilarious the Wiccans (and other pagans) have based their 'old european recontructionist' religion on this... when it has nothing to do with the tribal spiritual practices of the pre-christian Europeans. Maybe there is something to this that might apply...hmmm... I've tried to share this with other pagans and new-agers, where their rituals/beliefs come from...and it's not from the Celts or Goths...or even the vikings.. most are so emotionally invested in believing lies that they didn't hear me. We have almost NO records of the spiritual practices of the Europeans before the common era.. they have few written records, we have some poems, some art and sacred sites, but nothing to tell us what they really believed and practiced (though voluntary and involuntary human sacrifice seems to have been a part of it). (I was a practicing witch for some time but I knew where the roots of my practice came from as I had already been a nominal theosophist - Nandor Fodor, Alistair Crowley and Blavatsky fascinated me early in my life, then Starhawk) I won't even go into the new-agers... *sigh*  Marrying christianity with anything that 'feels right' without any real investigation - they are as deluded as the the fundies IMHO. I think this is where universalism comes from. and a whole lot of baseless, and in my opinion dangerous, woo.

Jesus himself speaks about those who will not or can not hear the message... pearls before swine and all that.. the NT also mentions the whole 'meat for men and milk for children'... there are also suggestions that he taught his disciples deeper things than he did the common people. It seems to me that since the beginning of time the 'real' knowledge has been kept from the masses in pure form, meted out in symbols.. hints, hidden in allegory and metaphor, legend, myth, and infused into tribal religious ideas... was this premeditated, a power play? (now that would be the ultimate conspiracy theory!) or was it the only way to get the information accepted by fearful, backwards and illiterate people? OR was it disseminated over the ages by the wise, like a parent feeds a child.. a little bit at a time? Are there other ways of looking at this?  Maybe the wise just keep trying to correct the bad info? Maybe... the Annunaki are real and still manipulating mankind? (just joking, sort of)

The question I am hearing is what kind of a hero will fill the place of the returning christ in this new age? of course with more and more people becoming educated since the renaissance this becomes more difficult.. or they are natural rebels, like myself (lol) The black and white of dualistic thinking is blurring rapidly into grays in modern culture. I heard something about a 'maitreya' but haven't followed that up yet. We ARE overdue however. It's kind of scary... gurus seem to bring long-reaching effects with them.

The Yeats poem is amazing. The sphinx is one of the most enigmatic symbols... but somehow I'm missing the connection with the christ. (?)  However.. the motif of the lion seems intrinsically entwined with christianity (Daniel, the four creatures, feeding christians to the lions... the juxtaposition of the lion and lamb symbols. So we have the ages moving from christ (Pisces/Virgo) to ?  Aquarius/Leo.... now the sphinx as mentioned before, is related to the last age of Leo/Aquarius (or at least points to it)  Full circle? (actually half circle)

I got off into a wild wag of depth but it's simple really. The Egyptian astronomer priests had fixed a setting on half the precession cycle from Leo-Aquarius to Aquarius-Leo, the first and last time. This seems to indicate observational knowledge setting out the boundaries of a star's minimum to maximum journey on the meridian. The Wobbling earth tilted on it's axis is the cause. They either did this during the age of Taurus when the Pyramid building was supposed to have taken place, based on expressing what they'd deduced about the sky, or it's really ancient and we loose track of when it originated. John Anthony West speculates that it originated not during the last age of Leo-Aquarius, but an entire cycle before that when the region was a rain forest. That's the most radical opinion I've heard so far.

But whenever it was made, this "last time" period designated by the half precession cycle then appears in the NT myths surrounded by the "Second Coming" motif. Jesus says, "...I am with you always unto the very end of the aeon / age." He directs attention to the coming of Aquarius, and in Revelation you can see the current age ending as the second coming, when Aquarius hits, then 1,000 years of peace which seems to relate another Egyptian solar cycle mixed into the myth, and then a second part to the second coming after the 1,000 peace which is then about half way into the age of Aquarius when considering the astromythological dimension of the mythology.

That's why I had to look back the Sphinx and the "time" it outlines as "the last time", opposite the "first time," and then compare with Christianities underlying obsession with the end of the age of Pisces and the age of Aquarius yet to come. They've attached an "end times" mythology to what had previously been the Egyptian "Last Time." But of course it's not the end of anything except for a cycle that takes us into the dark ages and then back out again.

Yeat's seems to know this by associated the Christian term "Secong Coming" with the same age of Aquarius-Leo that the Sphinx has been outlining all along as it sits in Egypt starring eastward. That's where all of the complexity breaks down to simplicity.

Marrying christianity with anything that 'feels right' without any real investigation - they are as deluded as the the fundies IMHO. I think this is where universalism comes from. and a whole lot of baseless, and in my opinion dangerous, woo.

Good point. And that's what we see all around right now. If we turn back in time to the period of the last century BCE and just into the first century CE much of the same was going on with respect to the Hellenized Jewish community, which, were NEW AGERS of that period. They were dealing with a new age approaching and then hitting. Philo was of this 1st century "woo." His logos theology reflected it, and, was then utilized by Christian efforts much later. These hellenizing "New Ager's," for lack of a better term, were just as heretical to orthodox Judaism as the modern New Age mystical movement is to orthodox Christianity.

Will history repeat itself again?

Maybe if people find themselves better educated on this things history won't be able to repeat itself. I have a hard time seeing any one draft up another world personification myth and the modern public falling for the whole thing. But then again, when browsing back at the Christian effort I'd say that many pagans and educated elitists knew good and well what Christianity was and precisely what they were trying to usurp under the cloak of new personification figure for the age of Pisces. But thinking more on it, I can also see why it eventually became acceptable and viewed as a useful tool for the empire. The older myths were OUTDATED. Judaism and Mithraism were oriented towards previous world ages long since outdated by the time of the 3rd and 4th centuries CE. There points and meanings were consumed by Christianity under the cloak of an accurate world age presentation custom taylored for the immediate time period and up to date in that way.

At first the Christians were basically divulging the ancient mysteries to the vulgar masses, the penalty of which was death. However, once the orthodox movement broke out in full force the mysteries were gradually cloaked over by strict insistence on the 'historicity' of the myth which then brought it more into an exoteric, and therefore more presentable format for proselytizing the general public. And eventually the persecution slowed down and the state began to consider this myth as a tool for herding the masses. I find the evolution of this myth intersting.

So again, we find all variety of esoteric "woo" floating around right now in a no man's land inbetween world ages...

I like that.. and think it is apt.. the correlation between the first century AD and now. Christians were most certainly the 'new-agers' of their day.

Constantine found it very useful indeed. It seems that they really wanted to get rid of the gnostics though -who probably understood the mysteries more than the others. Once the exoteric view had taken hold it became a great tool for controlling the masses.

So here we are at the beginning of another age... the weird thing I find about Christianity (and Judaism and Islam too) is that it is linear, when nature actually expresses itself in cycles. I think that is where the whole end times come in... instead of the pagan spiral or cyclic ideas and the Yugas, the Mayan calendar and such show repeating cycles. I wonder why that is? It seems like they push and pull between the cyclic (astrological) and the linear in the Bible...

(It could also explain their use of the serpent as a creature of evil, as the snake actually represents cycles (the Ouroboros) and eternal renewal. Then they associate satan with the serpent (?).) Could the serpent in the garden have been Draco?

(an aside: Earlier I had posted a link ( http://www.livius.org/greece.html ) to Appolonius, and there is evidence that he traveled to India and brought back knowledge from there. It also seems that some 'christian' ideas were lifted from Appolonius and may have made their way into the gospels.)

"Maybe if people find themselves better educated on this things history won't be able to repeat itself. I have a hard time seeing any one draft up another world personification myth and the modern public falling for the whole thing."

I wish this were the case but the level of the historical knowledge of the average person is frankly... dismal. You see it here all the time. Good gracious.. there are tons of people who believe god reveals himself in a cheeto! or toast. *sigh* Or that the founding fathers of the US were christian, and not deists. Texas has actually changed the history books used in schools...

However.. I see your point. What form would a modern myth take? How would it build on the former? How would it be introduced? (if it isn't already) These are fascinating questions. If we take the fact that it would have to be Aquarian in nature.. well, the internet is a VERY Aquarian thing.. so there is that. So is knowledge/science, especially when it's used for the common good. Aquarian individuality struggles with it's desire to serve mankind (brotherhood), we see that now.

"Uranus symbolizes the rebel and is a direct response to Saturn's austerity. Saturn plays by the rules, but Uranus says that rules are there to be broken or challenged. Saturn is sensible, Uranus throws caution to the winds. Its nature is innovative, explosive, and unexpected, and it shatters the boundaries imposed by Saturn, scorning authority and convention. Uranus rules accidents, shocks, and all that is unpredictable. In mythology it is the sky god and it rules all that comes "out of the blue." In the natural world Uranus rules earthquakes and electrical storms."

If the last 230 years haven't been innovative.. I don't know what has. hmm... earthquakes, sudden upheaval, shocks.. we see that happening now, along with the shaking off of 'tradition' (Saturn) and the comfortable (I know there may be confirmation bias here, but stick with me) Uranus also rules nuclear reactions and uranium, computers and radio waves. (Neptune rules petroleum, which is fading out now)

"AQUARIUS— The independent, freedom-loving Aquarian on The Path realizes that no man is an island and that no one person is truly free until ALL are free! Aquarius seeks its Soul’s Purpose through becoming a cooperative unit in a group or collective. The 2nd Ray Esoteric Ruler of this sign, Jupiter, believes in brotherhood, the equality of all men, freedom and justice for all without concern for race, creed, culture, status or background."

We also see the world turning more this way... amnesty, human rights, helping organizations on scales never before precedented in history.. rebellion (we see the beginnings of massive rebellions politically starting in the 1700's) so I think we are already seeing the effect of the Aquarian age on the world.. but as for a personification? of the age? I can't imagine really.

^ Maybe some type of Kevin Costner in Water World? An oceanic Hero.

Perhaps something to the effect of Kurt Russel:

Sort of like Mithra slaying the Bull of Taurus and ending the remote age of Taurus, perhaps a new figure spearing two fish ending the age of Pisces? I'm sure we could imagine all sorts of relevant imagery and symbolism and fashion a myth around it, and then others could take their own shot at playing around and having a hand at it and before long there'd be all variety of Aquarian Gospels circulating around. Bits and pieces of real biographies could be woven together and added along the way to give the myth a touch of authenticity, of course. Then, perhaps, as usual, some type of Aquarian orthodoxy would arise making the myth as exoteric as possible even though it may have started out very esoteric in the beginning. They might pick and choose which Aquarian gospels should be canonized and which should be disregarded depending on which can be utilized for exoteric people herding means. Years and years into it people would start thinking the whole thing is based on real history and that all of it really happened... 

But since society seems to be on an upward swing whether considering good old fashioned Darwinian evolution or the ascending Great Year cycle, knowledge should stay on the increase so a pseudo-historical story line probably wouldn't pass this time around like it did the last time. Fabricating history would be very tough to pass by a technologically advanced audience. So a carbon copy repeat probably wouldn't be the best approach for a modern audience. 

So, what if the modern myth makers decided to simply use what's already present in Revelation which can set the stage for a complete "Name" transition in which the name Jesus / Yeshua may stay behind with the Piscean age and the same Hero savior will be called by a "new name" in the Aquarian age and the whole thing could be called "prophecy?" 

Revelation 3:12

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

A new name? 

Why would Jesus have a "new name" after the new Jerusalem descends on the earth? 

Well for one thing the allegory seems addressed to precession and the writer(s) have presented a scenario where after the age of Aquarius a "new name" would be in order for the Hero figure.

Here we can see how I could launch an up close and personal attempt at quote mining the NT in the same way that writers quote mined the OT to seek after desired results. Maybe the original author hadn't even thought of this possibility - that the above verse could be used to perpetuate a new prophet type claiming to the fulfillment of such a verse - but it's just as possible of an assertion as anything they did with Isaiah and the prophets or quote mining Psalms for that matter. This one might even make slightly more sense than some of the stupidity the gospel writers tried passing off like calling Psalms 82 "your law" and claiming that the pre-monotheistic Elohim pantheon of many "gods" were the people or leaders of Israel being called 'gods' by YHWH, when that's far from the original context in Psalms 82.

How many people were flat out fucking duped hook, line, and sinker by such evident nonsense and over how many centuries to this very day? 

I'm sure that I could quote mine my way through the OT and then link it into quote mining the NT and come up with all sorts of "prophecy" fulfillment and justification. There's mystery surrounding this "new name" alluded to in Revelation so any name might due as long as it makes sense with respect to the new age. Then, just like Jesus claimed things like "before Abraham was, I am," a new character could claim to be the same mysterious being who appeared to Abraham as El Shaddai, Moses as YHWH, and so on. Only this time around he'd be known as such and such and the message would be changed to such and such in contrast to how it has been interpreted previously. 

It's an interesting thought experiment to try and take on the mind of a first century gospel writer or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., copiests and revisionist when applied to the 21st century world of today and how they might try to move and operate with clear cut intention. And it could possibly give a better overall insight as to what in the world they were doing back then and why they were hard at work creating what amounts to a FALSE PROPHET and a heretical blasphemy by the traditional standards of the time and place... 

As an artist I'm going to ask your permission to use this idea for a painting.. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!  okay?

Interesting... and yes. I think it's already happening with the fluffy feel-good brotherly love take on the NT... which doesn't really express the actual reality of the message, as we well know... however.. this UNIVERSALISM is very Aquarian. This concept of Jesus as a peacenik hippie with a flower in his hair is actually not in accord with the OT, or even all of the NT - it's a very 20th century image. His merging in the minds of liberal christians with the Buddha, Krishna and even the great philosophers, as well as the movement to claim the divine feminine is most certainly Aquarian. Eastern and western religion has come together (hmmm... the symbol of Pisces is interesting here, as the outcome of the Age.. two fish swimming in opposite directions yet linked). The more 'progressive' of the spiritual people I've met are actually universalist in approach, no matter what they call themselves (and if they can weed through the more delusional of the woo surrounding their beliefs).

(Aquarius, of all the signs, other than Gemini [and they used to share a ruler, Mercury] is the most, umm.. transgendered - the Tarot card [tarot is based on Golden Dawn hermeticism] "The World" describes the 'new earth' - and has the four living creatures and a hermaphrodite figure, it is the last card on the spiritual path of the Tarot. ) I don't think it's a coincidence that homosexual and transgendered issues are at the forefront of our culture, or civil/human rights and feminism, for that matter - ALL Aquarian ideals.

Aquarian orthodoxy is an oxymoron, but an intriguing idea to play with.. how would that look? Political correctness is most certainly one form, as is being prosecuted for 'hate speech' (anti-semite laws for example).. and a paradox - because Aquarius craves freedom of the individual but also justice in a socialist form.. for all.

Think about the trend for self-centeredness lately... and also the trend to reach out and help others... think about the Arab Spring. The Arab Spring in Egypt was really a marvel... a country of mainly Muslims rebelled against a basically dictator-like regime. It was headed by the youth (and started on FACEBOOK) and mostly coordinated by internet and cellphones. When Mubarak cut off the WWW... thousands of people (mainly Christians) all over the world worked together to help the Egyptians maintain contact with the rest of the world (hacking, mirroring and relaying communications for the Egyptian movement. ( I was one of those people - it was a very exciting time...sad too, the Egyptians are marvelous people) If it weren't for that international COMPUTER assistance they would have been crushed by Mubarak's forces, and the world would not have seen his atrocities. Religion didn't matter, nationality didn't matter, gender didn't matter, even culture - didn't matter.

This IS the Aquarian age in action.

HA!!!!  I've got it! (Eureka is the essence of Uranus!  hahahahaha)

Okay.. follow me here... the lesson of Pisces is basically the struggle between service to self (VIRGO - physical) and service to others (PISCES- spiritual) (self-sacrifice). The lesson of Aquarius is the struggle between service to self (the needs of the individual - LEO, Will/action/ego), and service to others (the group - AQUARIUS, mental/thought). It's about finding balance between these contradictory goals. Both are needed, but integrating them is difficult. Seems to take society about 2400 years to learn these lessons, lol.

Okay... sorry, I sort of wandered there.

Sooo.. what things would be considered 'heretical' by the standards of the last age?  I think the rise of the individual is one of them. Less people believe that mindless self-sacrifice is the way to solve problems (Pisces is the Martyr) and taking care of ones self to be able to be of service to others is a 20th century idea. (Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Abraham Maslow, et al). The rejection of the concept of the elite is also a new idea (for the first time in history the average person does not grow up with the idea of being 'born to ones station') is another I can identify. The idea that some are born more worthy than others is almost laughable now...(and would have been heresy not that long ago - remember the fairytale of the prince and the pauper? Or Pygmalion - even the story of Moses' origin points towards this) and the experiments in communism are a reflection of that (even if 'failed' - have to start somewhere)

Here is a dichotomy of Aquarius... the worth of the individual is the BASE for the ideals of socialism/communism.

hmmm.. I think we will see the movement towards socialism continue. I think the rejection of an intercessory in spiritual matters will continue (and WAS heresy not that long ago.. still is in the Catholic Church)

When I consider your premise of how it could be manipulated... all that comes to me is something that will have some sort of 'scientific' basis... it's the only thing that would fly in our modern world.  Maybe I'm wrong - but I really can't see, as you stated before, the old ways of myth-making work. (unless Steve Jobs was already the messenger  hahaha, just joking.. think about it - his words could be called the "iBible"  hahahahahaha)  Maybe someone will discover the "Written Annals of Nickolai Tesla", or the "True Hidden Mysteries of the Universe" by Stephen Hawking - after he leaves us.

It could happen... Isaac Newton wrote tons on spiritual matters along with his scientific work.

Then there is genetics... there is a whole lot of stuff going on in this field, and the Christians are already claiming that DNA is the 'word' (as in ID, information in a code - which language most certainly is - yes, I know it's not scientifically accurate - but in the mythological sense it kind of works) They just CURED diabetes in dogs through genetic therapy!.. what else might come out of this in the near future?(we can only hope for the best -it is a field, like nuclear power, with great potential for good or evil) They only just decoded the human genome not that long ago and already they are using genetics quite remarkably in many fields - INCLUDING food production (the 'feeding' motif again). Might someone(s) find a way to interpret these advances as 'miracles' and tie it in with scripture... or a figure may arise that they can identify with this? I would suspect that if they discover the genes for extending life considerably.. and it's possible, that THAT could be easily preempted by the religious, or the myth-makers, and probably both. (yes, I've read far too many science fiction books  LOL)

Our children and their children are being raised in a technological society. They can't imagine a world without it... and probably could only accept a new ideal based around it. I have a 14 year old, and she is gobsmacked when I tell her I didn't have a cellphone or computer when I was growing up because they didn't exist, and had to DIAL the phone, or that I wrote LETTERS to a penpal across the world.

Hal Lindsey was able to take quotes from Revelations and apply them to modern technology (ie: the 'locusts' are actually helicopters, the army of 200,000 is China, etc.. and I am abashed, yes I actually read the damn book)

A modern hero would have to (appear to) solve a very big worldwide problem... like hunger, or politics, or...hmm.. Aquarius, maybe WATER? It would have to seem 'miraculous' to the average Joe. (not really that difficult).. but even just the 'gift' of the internet (pouring out of knowledge to the world) could be interpreted as a miracle (back to the 'iBible' again  lol) if mythicized.

A new name... wow, that IS ripe for interpretation and misuse, isn't it? Well, the old ones have far too much baggage, I agree. I'll have to scour Revelations to see if there is anything in there that could be adopted logically. In this day and age it could also be an acronym.

What role with the RCC play I wonder? They won't go into irrelevancy without a fight - that's for sure. If there does exist a community of myth-makers then you can be sure they also have a presence in the RCC. Of all the Christian denominations the RCC is probably the highest educated, and the least 'anti-science'... and the most deceptive. They've already had a press release on how the Church is A-Okay with the idea of extraterrestrial life and it doesn't invalidate the faith. (had the link once)

Can we rule out an extraterrestrial angle? THIS is a possibility - think about it, NASA, or some private Space Exploration Agency (S.E.A. !) finds evidence that life is possible on other worlds, ... the world absorbs that info... then later it 'discovers' an ancient city or something, maybe a crashed spaceship on Mars, Mercury or Titan - (Better yet.. near Venus during an auspicious astrological event - LUCIFER!) or a drifting ancient extraterrestrial probe (something like our Voyager, maybe?), whatever... and there is some sort of coded message, crystal database or something like that with SPIRITUAL SIGNIFICANCE!!!!! (written in mathematics, if course) ...and it has a connection to earthly mythology/religion/prophecy. (crap - I could write a movie about this!)  .. you can go all sorts of places with this as a base... (Spock is the quintessential Aquarian.. his famous statement of, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one", is pure Aquarian with a dash of Pisces self-sacrifice - so I don't think I'm far off with a off-world theme - art reflects reality, at least on a subconscious level)

I apologize if I am all over the place, but this line of thinking is inspiring, and ripe for speculation. It's fun  :)

^ Have at it Ravenstar!

All ideas expressed online are public domain as far as I'm concerned. Paint away!

I like some of the ideas you've offered as well. I've been on the fence about the way that astrological ages seem to correspond to peoples collective consciousness. There's so many factors involved. Like the theme of the Pisces age is "belief" whereas the theme for Aquarius is "knowledge." The NT is squarely aimed at trying to accord with the theme of what was a new age at the time. If you simply "believe" all will be fine in the end. So the emphasis has been on blind belief throughout most of the age. And now that the age is ending blind belief has turned more towards a knowledge based approach as you have pointed out. It's true. The RCC is all about trying to accord with science, accepting the BBT as what Genesis really means, and so on. They seem up for the transition. And various Protestant fundies have also taken a more try to accord with science and try and shoe horn fit it with the Bible approach. Old Earth Creationism is probably the most obvious that comes to mind.

But what they seem to be admitting in all of this is that blind belief and faith alone is insufficient. People of today need more than that to go on. So they try and provide them with more than that, no matter how many hoops they must jump through in order to try and get there. I've even seen some Christians trying to welcome and make sense of the astrotheological dimension of the Bible and shoe horn it all into something they can view as in their favor. The first wave of apologists flat out denied that it even exists, then gradually people started accepting that it is there in the Bible but then try and explain and excuse it's presence.

That bit in Revelation certainly is dangerous because any one could latch onto that and try and do anything they'd like with it. All they have to do is show how Revelation is hands down allegorical and so there's no reason to interpret the New Jerusalem any more literally than four literal horseman flying through the air on real horses. It would have to be symbolic of something from any rational perspective. So a new Savior post dating the arrival of the new city could be twisted in dam near any direction you'd like as long as it was aimed at something that is supposed to be for the greater good.

I just had an idea, a harmless way of approaching it would be to suggest that since Yeshua means "YHWH is Salvation" and ties into the mystical realization, and Yeshua is used to represent humanity in general, what if the return of Christ was suggested to be not in one individual person as the first go around, but instead the recognition of Godhood in each and every individual person on earth. The end of Revelation where darkness and the grave are cast into the lake of fire meaning that ignorance and delusion has no more power over anyone. The blinders are off. The world can be seen as interconnected and whole instead of a collection of discrete and isolated parts competing for survival. That way no one person could ever claim an exclusive roll to messiah or Christ. You could reflect on "and you shall know the truth and truth shall set you free" as part of the quote mining. Free indeed. Free from the shackles of religious instituations and middle man parties that like to play broker between the people and their mythological God. The God is within you. And to be honest that could be tied into the end of the church era ideas pulled from Revelation as well. Everyone can then work together under the understanding of pure equality where no man or God is higher than another.

That's really parting ways with orthodox Christianity and yet it's no more ridiculous than what the early Christians did to orthodox Judaism.

I bet that if some body put this together the right way they could draw in crowds of believers. Much more ridiculous assertions have brought in multitudes. So there's one of the more harmless options on the table that has a bit of an exploit proof factor attached to it by leveling the playing field and cutting off any so called prophets or strange founders at the ankle. The problem with most attempts at re-interpreting Christianity is that they have resulted in wacko's like Joseph Smith, Ellen G. White, Charles Taze Russell, and others who take up a heirarchial position above their followers. An Aquarian age myth would have to present itself differently...

Hello Josh!

I can attest to the validity of the hermaphroditic Jesus of Revelation 1:13.

Here's some more on Revelation:

“and in the midst of the seven candlesticks (one) like unto the son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.” – Revelation

This description is claimed to be the mystical description of Jesus. There’s a small problem here. This comes with the last part of the verse: “…girt about the paps with a golden girdle.” The term “paps” here is a medieval term for female breasts. The Greek term which is being translated is “mastos” which also means female breasts. Men wore the girdle around the waist. Does this indicate that Jesus was female or hermaphrodite? If this is not the mystical description of Jesus, what is it?

In order to find out who this is you must go to the Gnostics. The image presented here is an androgynous image: part male and part female. This androgynous being went by different names. It was called Anthropos (primal man) and sometimes Eleleth and it was the archetypal progenitor of humankind. It was bright and shinning in form and resplendent in beauty.” - Gospel Truth, Alexander S. Holub PhD

Most modern Bibles try to downplay or completely obscure this by changing the word, 'paps' to chest - masculinizing what are clearly female mammary glands.  However, a little digging throws some light on the matter.

When we look at the passage in the original Koine (ancient Greek), we see mastois.

http://biblos.com/revelation/1-13.htm

'Mastois' is used to describe what Jesus' golden girdle is covering.  Female breasts.

http://biblesuite.com/greek/3149.htm

Don't be fooled by the words, 'Noun, Masculine' in Strong's Greek reference numbers.  The usage of mastois elsewhere in the NT shows that it's not exclusively masculine and can be applied to women. See, Luke 11:27 and Luke 23:29. 

27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

http://interlinearbible.org/luke/11-27.htm 

mastoi hous ethelasas

(the breasts at which you sucked)

29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.

http://biblos.com/luke/23-29.htm

mastoi hoi ouk ethrepsan

(breasts which never nursed)

So, there are two usages of an apparently masculine noun in an exclusively female context.  Men don't have wombs. Nor do they have paps/breasts.  These are female attributes.

But the clincher comes when we look at Revelation 15: 6 and compare it to 1:13.

Here is the King James version of Revelation 1:13.

"13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."

Here is the KJV version of Rev 15: 6.

And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.

http://biblos.com/revelation/15-6.htm

pereizosmenoi peri ta stethe zonas chyrsas

(girded about the breasts, sashes golden)

Not mastois, with it's Strong's reference number 3149. Nope.  Instead it's 4738, stethos.

http://biblesuite.com/greek/4738.htm 

It's a Neuter noun and the root of our modern word, stethoscope.  Stethoscopes can be used on men or women - it's not a device for the exclusive use of either sex.  So there's no overt female connotation to be found in Revelation 15:6 at all.

The final piece of evidence comes from the other four instances in the NT where stethos is used, Luke 18:13 & 23:48 and John 13:25 & 21:20.  The usage is either collective (the crowd of mourners) and therefore neuter or masculine (the tax collector and the pre-resurrection Jesus).

Therefore, the word mastois occurs in Revelation once only, not in neutral context, but one that echoes the exclusively female usage in Luke 11 and 23.  If that's no clear enough Josh, what do you make of this Old Testament passage?

Isaiah 60: 15 & 16.

(The Glory of Zion)

15“Although you have been forsaken and hated,
    with no one traveling through,
I will make you the everlasting pride
    and the joy of all generations.
16 You will drink the milk of nations
    and be nursed at royal breasts.
Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior,
    your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

And who might the owner of these royal breasts be then?   wink.png

Thanks,

BAA

I see YHWH's sportin some transcendent dairy cannons!!!

A tranny-scendent deity perhaps? 

I wonder if this is after they merged YHWH and his Asherah during monotheistic evolution? 

But from a mythical perspective the point is well taken, the symbol is in some way supposed represent humanity in general. It has to relate to everyone both male and female. 

Another strange thing is how YHWH as "I am that I am," literally written "I will be that I will be" at the burning bush scene, is so strangely reflecting something similar to Isis as Neith at the temple of Sais in Egypt: "I Isis am all that is, was, or will ever be, no mortal man hath me unveiled." In the Goddess sense I see this as pertaining to the totality of existence and it's deep mystery, that which brought fourth the life giving sun. Some have linked this back to Milky way mythology which was a genre of it's own. The idea of the sun, moon, and stars birthing out of the womb of the great milky way galactic center found in near eastern mythology.

While discussing milky way myths online something sort of hit me all of a sudden a while back. In Genesis 1 the order is fucked up. Light appears for the first day and yet there is no sun, moon, or stars until the fourth day. That's a contradiction that really stuck out at me when I decided to read the Bible from cover to cover as an adult after having gone atheist years before as a teen. And there was no good answer aside from blatant error and incredibly stupid contradiction. But since Genesis 1 was lifted nearly whole cloth from the Sumero-Babylonian mythology I realized that it's quite probable that the original "light" of the first day that predates the sun, moon, and stars is more than likely a leftover reference from ancient milky way mythology where they thought that the sun, moon, and stars arose out of the galactic center, which, away from city lights, is a bright light itself separate from the sun, moon, and stars. That would explain a great light in the sky ahead of the existence of the luminaries in their thinking, the thinking of who ever arranged it this way before the Bible writers took it and made it their own. I haven't broken lead down to hard fact yet, it's just an intuitive speculation that I strongly feel may unfold in that direction with further research.... 

But in any case it seems to show a possible link to ancient Goddess mythology looming in the creation account along with the God "brooding over the waters," which Campbell recognized as another hidden reference to the Goddess and the act of creation between the God and Goddess. And this all tends to go back to Ravenstar's question about the linear verses cyclic angle of the Bible. Both angles seem to be present. It may be that a primitive linear conceptualization from nomadic herder wanders was later combined with a much more sophisticated cyclic mythology when they integrated into the agricultural societies. But this is deeply interwoven because the very act of making 10 patriarchs between the creation and the flood with all of the ages given between the creation and flood are a lift off of the Babylonian Kings list and cyclic mythology. If this was an after thought, well then having 10 patriarchs and the especially long ages of their lives given are all part of the pagan mythology mimicking. 

Getting back to the cyclic references in the Bible, what I've noticed more than anything is that the Bible outlines a linear progression from the age of Taurus to the age of Aquarius. It may seem linear because it seems to have a beginning and end, and yet there was an eternity before the creation and the Bible seems to suggest that there will be an eternity after the world is made new. They've isolated one section of the Great Year, the lower 1/3 of it, and dramatized the whole thing pretty vividly. Before creation is foggy and after the new earth is foggy. But there seems to have been some type of existence before the earth and existence is expressed as eternal after the new Jerusalem.

I don't know why they would have been utilizing the Greek and Vedic ages if they really thought that time was linear unless they simply utilized what was available at the time to make long counts. Maybe they thought time began during the age of Taurus and will end abruptly into Aquarius if you map out the timeline of the world against what was available, the Greek and Vedic Yuga ages schemes?

But I find it too coincidental that they happened to have clued in on the last two ages of the descending Great Year and the first two ages of the ascending Great Year. They were probably torn between linear and cyclic thinking and could only manage to include them both for safe keeping. And I'm sure that Gnostic influence and possible origins (as per Doherty) could have had something to do with the mix. 

And I've followed this line of thought right into the book of Acts with story of St. Stephen just for the hell of investigation and thought experiment. When I looked closely at his dramatic speech to the Alexandrian Jews who were persecuting him, the astromythological dimension of what he was calling attention to in the speech began to stand out at me:

Stephen Seized

Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people. Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia—who began to argue with Stephen. 10 But they could not stand up against the wisdom the Spirit gave him as he spoke.

11 Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God.”

12 So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. 13 They produced false witnesses, who testified, “This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14 For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us.”

15 All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

Now, from the astromythological angle the setting is after the resurrection, that is, after the sun had "crossed" the vernal equinox and therefore ended the age of Aries and with it the last Great Year cycle was complete. The symbolism of the age of Aries-Libra was of the Ram and Scales - and it was "law" oriented astrological symbolism. The passovers (after the vernal equinox and following full moon - Solar / Lunar) Moses was an avatar of the former world age and his law giving played off of the Libra axis of the age.

So here come the introduction of another Hero who is apparently accused of blasphemy for talking about shifting from Moses centered Aries-Libra axis religious festivals to a new thing, the Jesus centered thing, which now played off of the Pisces-Virgo axis because the observable sky at passover would now reveal the sun rising in Pisces and moon in Virgo. So I bear in mind that a shift from Moses and Law to Jesus and Grace has a very astrological hidden dimension that would make sense to initiated astronomer priests reading through this. 

Stephen's speech, or rather the speech to the Alexandrian Jews and other Hellenistic types put into the character of Stephens mouth by the anonymous writer of Acts, becomes a little more revealing: 

Stephen’s Speech to the Sanhedrin

Then the high priest asked Stephen, “Are these charges true?”

To this he replied: “Brothers and fathers, listen to me! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Harran. ‘Leave your country and your people,’ God said, ‘and go to the land I will show you.’[b]

Then he goes into a long speech reciting Abraham to Moses. But keep in mind that Abraham to Moses represents the age of Taurus changing over to the age of Aries as per the astromythological analysis. Abram and Abraham have been noted as similar to Brahma, and indeed Abram and Sarai are strangely close to the eastern deities Brahma and Saraiswati. And of course Brahma Bulls would tie into this as well for Taurus age representation.

So St. Stephen's pointing out that he knows the Hebrew mythology and how Abraham came from the east to settle in Canaan. He then brings it down to the time of Moses:

39 “But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt. 40 They told Aaron, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who led us out of Egypt—we don’t know what has happened to him!’[j] 41 That was the time they made an idol in the form of a calf. They brought sacrifices to it and reveled in what their own hands had made. 42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars.

The golden calf thing points to the people wanting to cling on to the symbolism of the former world age. Moses had to rebuke them because Taurus had ended and now it was the age of the Aries-Libra, a time for blowing the Ram's horn and receiving the law. So underlying this dramatic speech happens to be an analysis of the world ages changing over and how the astronomer priests tend to come down hard on people when they refuse to change and accept the religious practices and symbolism which are based around the current world age (the constellation the sun will be rising into at the vernal equinox religious festivals) in favor of clinging on to the religious symbolism of the old age that had long since passed and had ought to be "left behind." lol 

44 “Our ancestors had the tabernacle of the covenant law with them in the wilderness. It had been made as God directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen. 45 After receiving the tabernacle, our ancestors under Joshua brought it with them when they took the land from the nations God drove out before them. It remained in the land until the time of David, 46 who enjoyed God’s favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.[l] 47 But it was Solomon who built a house for him.

48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

49 “‘Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me?
says the Lord.
    Or where will my resting place be?
50 Has not my hand made all these things?’[m]

51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit! 52 Was there ever a prophet your ancestors did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him— 53 you who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it.”

Keep in mind that these Jews are those who have refused to accept Jesus, that is, they have refused to accept the symbolism of the new age of Pisces-Virgo in favor of trying to cling on to the traditional religious symbolism of Aries-Libra in which Judaism was founded as polytheistic and then gradually evolved towards monotheism. It's as if the writer has the Hero character setting up to come down hard on the religious leaders for following the same error as those who had come before them, those ancestors who had refused to accept change after the age of Taurus had ended.

This draws into Mithraism too because the killing of the Bull may indicate an abrupt symbolism aimed at 'putting the past behind you.' Both Judaism and Mithraism were Aries-libra age mythologies trickling down into the common era. But then there was a 'new age' kid on the block with his own new and struggling set of symbolism. The latter two cults had become irrelevant with respect to the new position of the sun and moon at the equinoxes. And so Christianity was the only cult that was in accord with the current and up to date soli-lunar positions at the vernal equinox. Although this particular speech seems uninterested with Mithraism in favor of straight focus on Judaism, I was just pointing out how both Judaism and Mithraism were becoming outdated as of the time(s) of the creation of the NT and why it may have over powered them both. 

The Stoning of Stephen

54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him.55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him,58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.

59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

And Saul approved of their killing him.

It occurred to me that the right hand of God may have something to do with the eastern - or right hand on a compass - sky. The constellation of Pisces was now standing at 'the right hand of God' in an astrological sense as the constellation in which the sun was now rising during the vernal equinoxes on the eastern, or right hand horizon. That would remain stable for the duration of the next 2150 years or so. In an initiated mystery school type of way this passage could be saying, 'hey, you idiots! The "times" have changed again like they did with Abraham to Moses. So you better consider getting with the fucking program you complete morons. You all ought to know better than this you Jewish Alexandrian's and Hellenizer's in general.' 

And they were pissed off to high hell over it, for being called out as stupid. 

That sort of dramatic climax now applies to the new age ahead and all of the 'stupid idiots' driving around with Christian Pisces symbolism on their bumper stickers and what not.

It's like: "hey, dumb fuck, don't you understand that the times are changing. Care to get with the program and advance into the future instead of trying to cling on to the past you feeble minded sheep?" 

In a role reversal of karma with what goes around coming around, suddenly the orthodox Christians of today are the same bloody idiots that they had painted the orthodox Jews out to be 2,000 years ago.

This provides quite an interesting angle and perspective. An Aquarian avatar spearing the two fish of Pisces seems appropriate from that angle. I can see how some dramatic speech could be fashioned around modern Christians trying to physically fight and resist all change tooth and nail even when their system of religious symbolism has become completely outdated, and obviously so. They could never admit to being wrong, ever, just as how the orthodox Jews are painted in this ridiculously non-historical book of Acts that was intentionally written to bridge the gap between Paul letters and the Gospels that came after. Somebody wanted the Jews to look as ridiculous as possible. 

So will the same fate await Christianity? 

Do christians look ridiculous in our era? Does a bear poop in the woods?

Great stuff.. I don't have time to go through it at the moment but just want to let you know I'll be back. I am intrigued by the use of the 'right hand of god' position...

I recently came across this interesting interpretation of the Bible coming from a Christian source. I'll share it below:

http://ww.jesusastrotheology.com/adam_eve_garden_who_what_where.htm

Christians are eventually going to have to resort to trying to make sense out of this in some way. And traditional theology will necessarily have to change to try and adapt to the "times." I know that Islam was sort of a spin off of Judaism and Christianity, but I'm thinking that there may be something else ahead with a more direct relation and something along the lines of an updated continuation. You know how Christianity is merely the claim of continuing Judaism into the future and claims heritage from Judaism as an ethnic religion turned world religion? Well what if the next level of religious evolution entails bringing about a universal extention on the world religion claiming to the be prophecied outcome of Judaism and Christianity?

The loop hole is the "new name" thing in Revelation.

This has been a fascinating thread. In all of my reading through the years I've managed to stick my head in this rabbit hole a few times but didn't have the depth of knowledge to know what I was looking at or how deep it could go. I was also very much a man of faith at the time and was looking at ancient mysteries and Christianity through the wrong set of lenses. In my view at the time, I saw the ancient mysteries and astrology as the ultimate tool to fool and deceive mankind. This may still be true, to some extent, but not in the way I thought it was at the time. However, I kept noticing themes of astrology in the Bible but my faith didn't let me explore what those really meant at the time. I think I fully understand what Raven and Josh are both getting at here, but my knowledge is still limited so I can't even put into words what I'm understanding. So anyway, thanks for taking me down the rabbit hole. I don't have anything to add to the discussion so I'll just keep reading.

• Like 2

^ Thanks for posting Fernweh. It's nice hear some more perspective on this.

I can say that as an SDA youth I knew all of zero about the zodiac or astrological signs. All Satan, bottom line and end of story. I had no idea that the Bible itself actually delves into astrological symbolism. But when I finally found out about it as an adult it seemed so bloody obvious in hind sight.

And that's just it. This priest craft of astrotheological language boxes out the average Joe. And the damnation thrown at astrology in the Bible tends to keep people looking the other way while the symbols are right there in the mix along side of all of the damnation. I've had to consider this. It seems that they viewed some astrological symbolism as good and part of the divine will while other aspects they viewed as evil. Sorcery, witchcraft, fortune telling, etc., are frowned on and yet they have no problem with basing religious symbolism around the themes of world ages, like the Rams horn and Law for Aries-Libra and Fish and Virgin Birth for Pisces-Virgo. So there's one more contradiction of many, pro-astrological symbolism but anti-astrology. 

Yes, after reading this thread the astrology themes running throughout the ages (and Bible) are extremely obvious. Bulls, sheep, and fish. It all makes sense now. As an amateur astronomer I've pointed my telescope at Taurus, Aries, and Pisces many times. All three constellations are very prominent in the late fall and early winter evenings. If Draco were to sweep his tail he could sweep a third of the stars out of the Northern Hemisphere sky. This all dovetails nicely with my studies of esoteric symbols and how they have been incorporated into Christianity. For example the Tau and the Cross. These symbols are all right out in front in plain view for everyone to see. However, without the knowledge of the initiated they are totally meaningless. I'm by no means an expert on esoteric symbols but I've learned enough to recognize them when I see them (and they are everywhere including churches...lol). 

• Like 1

Yes, I think that the Dragon sweeping 1/3 is a reference to the northern circumpolar sky as per precession. I notice that it sort of spins around through the aeons of Taurus, Aries, Pisces, and Aquarius 1/3 of the Great Year. 

I find it interesting that these constellations are key players in the Pyramids Texts and can also be seen making an appearance in Revelation. 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Precession_N.gif

In his book In Search of Ancient Astronomies (33), astronomer Dr. E.C. Krupp, former director of the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, concurs:

"The earliest known direct reference to precession is that of the Greek astronomer Hipparchus (second century B.C.), who is credited with discovering it. Adjustments of the Egyptian temple alignments, pointed out by Sir Norman Lockyer, may well indicate a much earlier sensitivity to this phenomenon, however."

Again, Krupp says (218):

"Circumstantial evidence implies that the awareness of the shifting equinoxes may be of considerable antiquity, for we find, in Egypt at least, a succession of cults whose iconography and interest focus on duality, the bull, and the ram at appropriate periods for Gemini, Taurus, and Aries in the precessional cycle of the equinoxes."