Goodbye Jesus

To New Members

Overcame Faith

I am writing this especially to new Members.  I often take the time to read your profiles shortly after you become a forum member.  Sometimes what I read is so sad, especially when I read of being unsure of what you believe, how your lives have been changed, how some of you have been rejected by family members and friends, and the emotional difficulties of having your doubts or accepting your loss of faith.

Some of you may never post, but I want you to know that many of us do read your profiles and think about you.  If you feel comfortable doing it, do not hesitate to post your stories because that is one area that all of us on ExC are in one accord - encouraging you to the extent we are capable.

Welcome to ExC.

• Like 6

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I make a point of trying to read all the new members' stories.  Sometimes what you tell us is so overwhelming that it's hard to find suitable words to respond, other than just "We hear you -- If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know and we'll try out best."

And welcome.  No matter where you're coming from, may you find something here that takes you closer to where you want to be.

• Like 2

Yes, I read the new member profiles sometimes. I think it helps to write things out on the forums to people who truly do understand because most of us have been there.

It took me many years to work out how to be ex-christian. It was not easy and if we can help in any way, we will.

Guest Babylonian Dream

And we're glad you found us, and look forward to what you have to say. It's always good to have fresh new voices speaking on a forum, you're what keeps us going!

I'll agree though, I do try as well to read everyone's story and respond when I have the time.

• Like 1

Guest MadameX

Yes, please feel free to post your stories if it is comfortable and therapeutic for you. Sometimes it is very helpful to work things out in a safe, pretty much anonymous space, like this internet forum.

And to all you Ex-C's, I applaud your courage and intellectual honesty. I am so impressed by how you can stand up to the social pressure and emotional manipulation many of you are exposed to.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I'm so happy you found us too!  I remember my own excitement and relief when I found this place many years ago.  Realizing that more and more people are escaping from christinsanity gives us hope too.   So yes, post your stories if you feel comfortable doing so.  We will do anything we can to help you.   Since most of our real worlds are overrun by religious zealots, this website helps us to not feel so alone.  Welcome to our sanctuary --  and our playground (we have fun around here too laugh.png  )!

• Like 1

I would love to take a minute right now and welcome all the new people (I haven't had a chance to get to know), who have joined EX-c in the past few months. Because of time, I don't get to post a lot anymore but I still love to sit here and read all the new members concerns. EX-c is a safe home for me. I've been here for a while now and I wish I could respond to each and every one of you......but now I'm the 'lurker' getting to know you all behind the curtain.

This is my home. I come here to feel safe.  My wish for you today is to keep posting all your fears and concerns. There are always people here to help you through any dilemmas you may be going through. I would have died without this site when I first came here. I am always still, so happy to see that I was not the only person in the world who questioned the Christian religion. I still need that validation that I might not be wrong about rejecting the bible and jesus who was my 'hero' for so many years. I think there is a part of me that will always be a tiny bit frightened that the devil just 'blinded me' from the truth. But then I think to myself, 'how awful of a kind, loving god to allow that to happen to one of his dear children??? and I feel more comfortable again.

Ex-c always makes me feel better.....Keep posting and best wishes to all of you on this 'free thinking' journey you are on.

Hugs to all of you today......

• Like 2

It is so helpful to know that others have had the same doubts and fears. And it is beyond reassuring to know that this many people have experienced them to the same degrees I have! By sharing your stories, you are telling all of us that we are not the only ones. And neither are you. It really helps.