My First Atheist Easter

SquareOne

It's my first Easter as an atheist.

27361597.jpg

• Like 5

32408490.jpg

• Like 2

32408490.jpg

No computer or anything and he's not even in the chair. That's one awkward orgasm........

No computer or anything and he's not even in the chair. That's one awkward orgasm........

It's from the 60's show, so no desktop computers. Also, I'm pretty sure that's JJ Jameson's desk. There may be an odd fetish at play here.

In a rather roundabout way, I can completely relate.  Obviously I grew up not knowing anything at all about Easter.  When people talked about the Easter holiday I had no idea what was going on, and I figured it was just some white people's holiday (yes, we sometimes call you that, and it's honestly not meant as a derision) that had to do with eggs and rabbits.  Of course all this changed when I became an evangelical Christian, and then I regarded Easter as far more important than Christmas.  This Easter, I didn't even anticipate the holiday coming up in advance.  It feels like going back to the days of old.  So regarding the "not one fuck was given that day" comment, it's something I am quite familiar and happy with.

• Like 2

This is my second.  The first one felt kinda weird, now it feels natural. 

I would suggest that this is the first Easter you have had knowing you are an atheist. :)

Ha. It's my second. I actually would have forgotten about it if no one had mentioned it to me.  

a8b.jpeg

I would suggest that this is the first Easter you have had knowing you are an atheist. smile.png

That doesn't really make sense...

I believed God exists last Easter.

I would suggest that this is the first Easter you have had knowing you are an atheist. smile.png

That doesn't really make sense...

I believed God exists last Easter.

I think he's referring to the fact the often you are an atheist before you know it or acknowledge it. You accept truth and evidence over the bible and/or magic and IMHO, that's when and why we START the deconversion process. During the process we hold on to beliefs that our brain has already dismissed as implausible. I may be way off about what boftx was talking about but thats my theory anyway.

Mine too!!!!  I was all about the Easter Bunny and fun shit this year!  Last year I would have been like, "That damn Easter bunny is stealing the focus away from Christ!!!!" 

Thankfully, I've been redeemed and my logic and reason were resurrected on the 3rd decade of my existence.