Goodbye Jesus

Ancient Site Unearthed In Iraqi Home Of Abraham

raoul

There's a Yahoo news article which claim what the title states. What the article failed to say and what I have on very good authority is that they even found a pic of ole Abe posing with a big smile on his face holding a knife up in the air and some kid laying on a big rock looking like he's scared shitless. They also found a King James bible at the site autographed by Noah for Abe. And... well you are free to add to this. In fact, I need a good laugh so I demand some of you more witty people add to this okay? LOL

It's just a sensationalist headline. The article even states:

The structure, thought to be about 4,000 years old, probably served as an administrative center for Ur, around the time Abraham would have lived there before leaving for Canaan, according to the Bible.

In my mind this is equivalent to a story about American archeologists finding something at a site near the Pecos River containing the line, "the structure, thought to date from the 1830's, probably served as a Mexican fort, around the time that Pecos Bill would have lived with his coyote family, according to the book The Saga of Pecos Bill by Edward O'Reilly."

• Like 1

That's good...that's very good!!! LOL

It's just a sensationalist headline. The article even states:

The structure, thought to be about 4,000 years old, probably served as an administrative center for Ur, around the time Abraham would have lived there before leaving for Canaan, according to the Bible.

In my mind this is equivalent to a story about American archeologists finding something at a site near the Pecos River containing the line, "the structure, thought to date from the 1830's, probably served as a Mexican fort, around the time that Pecos Bill would have lived with his coyote family, according to the book The Saga of Pecos Bill by Edward O'Reilly."

There's a Yahoo news article which claim what the title states. What the article failed to say and what I have on very good authority is that they even found a pic of ole Abe posing with a big smile on his face holding a knife up in the air and some kid laying on a big rock looking like he's scared shitless. They also found a King James bible at the site autographed by Noah for Abe. And... well you are free to add to this. In fact, I need a good laugh so I demand some of you more witty people add to this okay? LOL

Huh??? Is this satire? The KJV was invented/written about three thousand years after Noah died--if you mean Noah of the Flood. Did St. Peter wake him from his three-thousand year slumber merely to autograph a KJV for the decomposed body of Abraham, whom he subsequently woke, too, to re-subject the long-dead-and-buried Isaac to his childhood trauma? Is this time-travel crossed with science fiction and fantasy?

According to wikipedia:

the King James Version (KJV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.

Abraham and Noah supposedly lived before 1000 BCE. See Wikipedia.

Yes, you are exactly right on everything you've said! LOL

Actually, I had to read your reply twice to make sure you weren't being serious. And I intentionally referenced the KJV because, as you probably know already, it was one of the WORSE translations ever done. I think it relied almost exclusively to ONE manuscript for most of its translation and that one manuscript had more errors in it than any others available at that time. I don't have the specifics on hand and I ain't about to go hunt for them since this began as a joke and now has evolved into Bible Lesson 101. ROFL

Huh??? Is this satire? The KJV was invented/written about three thousand years after Noah died--if you mean Noah of the Flood. Did St. Peter wake him from his three-thousand year slumber merely to autograph a KJV for the decomposed body of Abraham, whom he subsequently woke, too, to re-subject the long-dead-and-buried Isaac to his childhood trauma? Is this time-travel crossed with science fiction and fantasy?

According to wikipedia:

the King James Version (KJV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.

Abraham and Noah supposedly lived before 1000 BCE. See Wikipedia.

It's well known that Noah didn't do autographs as he was simply too drunk.  Everyone but Canaan forged them all to try to "cover" <wink wink...bad pun alert> for their dad.

mwc

Wait just ONE minute here! Are you suggesting Noah's signature was forged? And if so, I bet you actually think some things in the bible were actually forged as well don't you? How dare you.. how dare you... (fake indignation employed for effect. LOL)

It's well known that Noah didn't do autographs as he was simply too drunk.  Everyone but Canaan forged them all to try to "cover" <wink wink...bad pun alert> for their dad.

mwc

Wait just ONE minute here! Are you suggesting Noah's signature was forged? And if so, I bet you actually think some things in the bible were actually forged as well don't you? How dare you.. how dare you... (fake indignation employed for effect. LOL)

mwc

No.  The bible is 100% spot-on accurate and true.  I am simply stating that the autographed KJV left at this dig was not autographed by Noah since he did not do his own autographs of such merchandise.  It was a racket the family ran since Noah was drinking all the inventory from the vineyard.  Now, all the naked pics of him and Canaan are legit but there are so many that they're worthless.

mwc

Well thank you for clearing that up for me. It's restored my faith so much that I'm going to go out, knock on neighbors' doors, and preaching the good news. Not that dreary good news in the nt of the bible. The other good news you just gave that we might be able to still get a copy of the forged signature. I gotta go on Ebay and start making bids.. (LOLs and ROFLs no longer required since it's obvious what we're doing here, right? (G))

mwc

No.  The bible is 100% spot-on accurate and true.  I am simply stating that the autographed KJV left at this dig was not autographed by Noah since he did not do his own autographs of such merchandise.  It was a racket the family ran since Noah was drinking all the inventory from the vineyard.  Now, all the naked pics of him and Canaan are legit but there are so many that they're worthless.

mwc

Well thank you for clearing that up for me. It's restored my faith so much that I'm going to go out, knock on neighbors' doors, and preaching the good news. Not that dreary good news in the nt of the bible. The other good news you just gave that we might be able to still get a copy of the forged signature. I gotta go on Ebay and start making bids.. (LOLs and ROFLs no longer required since it's obvious what we're doing here, right? (G))

mwc

mwc

Well, it *is* good news and you should tell your neighbors.  They should immediately go, in large numbers with all their friends, and start digging in the sands of places like Iraq.  Not in the usual places since those are played out.  I would suggest way out in the middle of nowhere where no one has been for thousands of years.  Go there.  Dig in the loose piles of sands.  Find that copy that was lost when people were milling around back then and trading these wonderful turn of the flood prizes.

mwc

I was hoping you would've end your hysterically funny comment with something like - they should dig in the middle of nowhere and then jump into the gigantic hole and bury themselves in it.. But hey, you gave it a good go anyway.  LOL

mwc

mwc

Well, it *is* good news and you should tell your neighbors.  They should immediately go, in large numbers with all their friends, and start digging in the sands of places like Iraq.  Not in the usual places since those are played out.  I would suggest way out in the middle of nowhere where no one has been for thousands of years.  Go there.  Dig in the loose piles of sands.  Find that copy that was lost when people were milling around back then and trading these wonderful turn of the flood prizes.

mwc