Goodbye Jesus

Embrace Your Evil Nature

Denyoz

We all do what we need to do to survive. Being true to myself and the things that are important to me are vital to my survival. To jump on the bandwagon of dishonesty would finish me. I have already lived without hope for a very long time, and had so many of my beliefs about people smashed to pieces. Through all this, the only constant has been knowing who I am, and being able to trust that. If I lost that, I would lose the last reason I have left to stay alive.

We all have different journeys.

Galien, can I ask you something in a kind, gentle way? 

I have read most of your posts over the last couple of years and I know you have a very extraordinary sensitive side. I classify myself as very sensitive, but have made a breakthrough from having a personality that wanted to always be a  'goodest' to  accepting myself as a fully, alive - fully human with flaws. And I love those flaws now.

I always felt like a victim of life because I tried so hard to be 'good' and perfect. Do you  ever feel like a victim in life?

Goodbye Jesus

You guys all know that I'm a fan of 'Someecards'. I couldn't refuse posting this one today. I hope it lightens the atmosphere a little, while we talk about our evil natures!! zDuivel7.gif Hugs to everyone!!

.............................................................................................

July-21-2012-10-06-54-andy.jpeg

• Like 3

We all do what we need to do to survive. Being true to myself and the things that are important to me are vital to my survival. To jump on the bandwagon of dishonesty would finish me. I have already lived without hope for a very long time, and had so many of my beliefs about people smashed to pieces. Through all this, the only constant has been knowing who I am, and being able to trust that. If I lost that, I would lose the last reason I have left to stay alive.

If you are comfortable with who you are, than don't change. In fact, I wish more people were a little more honest and ethical.

We live in a very uncertain world, there has never been a time that hasn't been uncertain. All anyone can do is try to make the best of the cards we get. Reading your posts there, I do admire how you are pulling yourself up in spite of what life has thrown at you. 

If one can look himself/herself in the mirror, than something is being done right. Stay strongyellow.gif

@Margeeyelrotflmao.gif

I love it, my favorite one is the one about praying to God for the ability to punch people over the internet. That would so make me a believer, there are so many people I wish I could punch without damaging my monitor like dogbert  http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-12-13/

• Like 1

Yeah, I get the message, and this is it.

shut up.jpg

• Like 1

If you are comfortable with who you are, than don't change. In fact, I wish more people were a little more honest and ethical.

We live in a very uncertain world, there has never been a time that hasn't been uncertain. All anyone can do is try to make the best of the cards we get. Reading your posts there, I do admire how you are pulling yourself up in spite of what life has thrown at you.

Thanks Seeker, it is comforting to know some people listen to me smile.png

Thanks Seeker, it is comforting to know some people listen to me smile.png

It is a really a good thing when we are comfortable with who we are. I'm glad you're true to yourself Galien....that is the most important thing. And you are so right...we all are different and we all are on different journeys. I love the journey I'm on right now. I wouldn't let anyone take that away from me. It is good to be true to oneself.  Good words! Hug!

We all do what we need to do to survive.

Speaking of survival, here is a link to a National Geographic photo gallery entitled "The Art of Deception -- Sometimes survival means lying, stealing, or vanishing in place."

I find it comforting to know that Nature has equipped us with this ability and that it's nothing to be ashamed of.  In fact, it's quite fascinating.

• Like 2

We don't really have a good nature or an evil nature. We simply have human nature. To be fully human is to be both sides, not just one or the other. Good and evil are entirely relative. I like that Morticia Addams quote: "What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." How can we tell where hot ends and cold begins?

We have this illusion of goodness generally, but at the very root of our being, where survival is essential, there are aspects of us that are far from civilized. Look at what happens in big cities when the lights go out for a few days.

• Like 4

We don't really have a good nature or an evil nature. We simply have human nature. To be fully human is to be both sides, not just one or the other. Good and evil are entirely relative. I like that Morticia Addams quote: "What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." How can we tell where hot ends and cold begins?

We have this illusion of goodness generally, but at the very root of our being, where survival is essential, there are aspects of us that are far from civilized. Look at what happens in big cities when the lights go out for a few days.

Excellent Blake!! Great 'to the point' description!!

I've thought similar thoughts lately. And to an extent, acted on them.

I did something disrespectful to my girfriend. Things haven't been going too well lately so I decided to take what I can while I still have her around.

I had bad feeling about what I wanted to do. Still, based on my recent meditations, I had reached a "what the hell does it matter anyway" sort of an attitude and proceeded to do it anyway. Couple of times. It's not like I wanted it bad. I was just curious to see what becomes of it. She didn't react like she'd noticed anything to be amiss, or perhaps she didn't quite know how to. That made me despise her a little bit. The second time I did it I was already thinking that maybe it is alright to be doing this, and didn't even despise her anymore, I just thought maybe she just is weird and I actually started to feel good about being broad-minded enough to accept her weirdness. And that maybe in abusing it I am actually teaching her something and it all balances out nicely.

Then she confronted me about it yesterday. Told me in clear words to correct my behaviour. And I was ashamed. I had misjudged and underestimated her.

Still, should I have acted differently? I don't know. I guess the experience was worth the shame. In the end, I don't even feel so bad as I thought I would feel. I'll have to stop doing it, thus tacitly admitting that I was wrong. That does seem awkward and dents the image I like to uphold about me. But was it all that wrong and bad? She didnt even seem angry or hurt, only strict and outspoken. I don't really regret what I did. Now that I think of it once again, the less morally problematic it seems, and the more it looks like the only bad thing was to think that I'd get away with it.

I am not rid of anxiety and self-doubt yet, but maybe it is steps like this that I need to take to free myself of those. Seemingly bad steps, not goody good restraint. Not taken emotionally but responsibly, curiously and in control.

Makes me think of Jesus and the nature of his disciples and pharisees and stuff.

• Like 1

Check this out.  It makes a refreshing change from what you usually hear from Christians:

• Like 1