Goodbye Jesus

Love

Guest r3alchild

I've been thinking that love might be affected by emotional orientations. Just like some people can be sexually attached to people of one gender or another or both, people could have different emotional orientations. I had a hard time loving a man more than a woman. I was an idolator. I saw the ladies in my life as affectionate and kind while God was aggressive. I loved God, but not enough. I  couldn't love a man more than a woman. I felt like a despicable idolater. I think I was wired to feel the attachments I felt. I couldn't overcome my own programming.

Guest r3alchild

How can one love god? I faked it. But I never did get it. bill

I wanted to love god with all my heart and all my mind and all my strength. I felt I was so far behind some christians, allways asking them how to get my love right with god. Allways to be told that same shit you hear from them.

I don't think it is possible. First, he doesn't exist, in all probability. Second, how can you truly love a god as he is described in the bible, OT or NT, even if he did exist?

I could feel things for him when I remembered images of Jesus death. I felt pity, but I'm unsure if my pity was really love. I wasn't as close to him as the humans in my life. I think it depends on one's ability to visualize him. I relied on songs to the it. Once the music in my church became crappy(ier), I was unable to sing the songs to program love for Jesus and I felt depressed.

I did love god, well the idea of god, very much. Like pretty well every other relationship I have had, it turned out to be pretty one sided.

I think some of us just love naturally and some of us don't. Eventually though we realise what assholes people are and stop bothering.

Its religion that gives you the idea that people are assholes, sinful, evil brutes, not to say there are no assholes, plenty of assholes out there but not as many as religion makes out there is.
No its the people themselves. Found more in religion than out of it. Its just out of religion people know they are assholes but don't care. In religion, they don't even know.

I don't think it is possible. First, he doesn't exist, in all probability. Second, how can you truly love a god as he is described in the bible, OT or NT, even if he did exist?

You don't understand that when you are a kid. The grown ups in charge tell you what to do and you do it. Some of them are assholes too but you still love them.

Are love and pity the same?

I've been thinking that love might be affected by emotional orientations. Just like some people can be sexually attached to people of one gender or another or both, people could have different emotional orientations. I had a hard time loving a man more than a woman. I was an idolator. I saw the ladies in my life as affectionate and kind while God was aggressive. I loved God, but not enough. I  couldn't love a man more than a woman. I felt like a despicable idolater. I think I was wired to feel the attachments I felt. I couldn't overcome my own programming.

I agree with this where people are concerned. I have never thought much of men because of their aggression and apparent coldheartedness. I grew up thinking men caused most of the trouble in the world. Still think it. Didn't extend that to god though because I didn't equate him in my mind with men, but with the whole gentle Jesus thing.

Guest r3alchild

I've been thinking that love might be affected by emotional orientations. Just like some people can be sexually attached to people of one gender or another or both, people could have different emotional orientations. I had a hard time loving a man more than a woman. I was an idolator. I saw the ladies in my life as affectionate and kind while God was aggressive. I loved God, but not enough. I couldn't love a man more than a woman. I felt like a despicable idolater. I think I was wired to feel the attachments I felt. I couldn't overcome my own programming.

I agree with this where people are concerned. I have never thought much of men because of their aggression and apparent coldheartedness. I grew up thinking men caused most of the trouble in the world. Still think it. Didn't extend that to god though because I didn't equate him in my mind with men, but with the whole gentle Jesus thing.

I think the model in society that men fall into is a model that comes from the god of the bible.