Goodbye Jesus

Hey, I'm Walkin Here

Yrth

So I'm on a coffee break at my side-job today -- the first summer-like day in WNY -- crossing the intersection to get to the Tim Horton's when I hear something off to my left. I turn to look at it's three white guys looking types rolling through the intersection in a slightly whiter Camry, trucker hats tilted the side, slouched with one hand on the wheel. I'm watching them zoom by, which took less than a second, and I hear on of them yell "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN' AT, FAGGOT?"

I proceeded to wonder just what I -was- looking at as I paid for my coffee and went back to work. I wasn't angry or upset or anything, I had and still have something like a muted confusion. I mean -- I know to some extent what it's like to be those kids and why they would yell insults at total strangers, it's not exactly mysterious. My window into their lives makes them look like total dicks, but I know that's just what I saw in a second and that they're ultimately just like me. Still, I would have liked to have hauled them back to the store and had them at least pay for my coffee. I could have explained how ridiculous their skaterdude outfits really looked, especially placed inside their mother's Toyota. Ah well.

Haha.  I work in the heart of downtown (in one of those major cities that everybody in the US knows about), so I see all sorts of crazy stuff.  It's interesting (and kinda sad) to imagine the lives that many people have gone through to get to where they are now.  Including the homeless person who is talking to themself, or asking to shine your shoes.  To the guys who the ambulance takes away (at least 2 times a week there is a fire truck, cop car, or ambulance outside of my office window.)  I've seen people out dry humping on the lawn.  I've seen an elderly couple getting frisky and feeling each other up while making out.  I've seen 2 guys get in a 10 minute long fist fight, and then walk away together as if they were just sparring.  I've seen people in overcoats circling around each other and doing some sort of chant.

My boss said the other day, a man (my boss commented that the man looked pretty intelligent) stopped in front of him on his way to his car and stared him in the eye and just started saying, "There is nothing you can say to me."  Over and over.

The many avenues people can take in life, and where it leads them.  It's a crazy thing.  Especially when you think if you had taken a different route in the past, you could have ended up in their shoes.  Who knows?

• Like 1

But for the grace of dog there go I.

People be cray! They sound like typical dumb teenagers. Too bad you couldn't tell them what you thought about their shenanigans, but I guess that's what gets 'em off. 

I got yelled at by a Korean on the subway a few weeks ago (in Korean). Every other Korean I've met or seen has been kind and composed, but this guy (I assume because I am foreign/white), just screamed at me for a solid 4 minutes. Then he later turned around, fell on the ground, and started yelling to Shiva. It was bizarre. I would've like to send him to the police and had him formally interrogated (and translated for my benefit).

People be cray! They sound like typical dumb teenagers. Too bad you couldn't tell them what you thought about their shenanigans, but I guess that's what gets 'em off. 

I got yelled at by a Korean on the subway a few weeks ago (in Korean). Every other Korean I've met or seen has been kind and composed, but this guy (I assume because I am foreign/white), just screamed at me for a solid 4 minutes. Then he later turned around, fell on the ground, and started yelling to Shiva. It was bizarre. I would've like to send him to the police and had him formally interrogated (and translated for my benefit).

Cray Cray!

Guest Babylonian Dream

I've gotten yelled at that I was going to get hit, crossing a crosswalk when a lady didn't know what "yield: Crosswalk" means. Even better, today a lady was parked in handy capped parking right? Well... as she parked, a guy behind her honked for her to keep going so he could continue to cut acrossed the parking lot. People are funny. They're crazy and by in large not as intelligent as some of us.