Goodbye Jesus

Questions For Christians

antix

The 2000 year old, second hand rumor of a backwards primitive people of a medical miracle that there is no verification for from a collection of books written by who knows who, chock full of lies, bad translations, proven fallacies, bad science, politically motivated propaganda and contradictions is proof?

Some dead guy from ancient history that no one knows said something once, and someone wrote it down... therefore GOD!!!!!

Bwhahahahahahaha   no.

What is a "ravenstar"?

The 2000 year old, second hand rumor of a backwards primitive people of a medical miracle that there is no verification for from a collection of books written by who knows who, chock full of lies, bad translations, proven fallacies, bad science, politically motivated propaganda and contradictions is proof?

Some dead guy from ancient history that no one knows said something once, and someone wrote it down... therefore GOD!!!!!

Bwhahahahahahaha   no.

What is a "ravenstar"?

You're an asshole, aren't you?  You can admit it, we've all noticed.

Good job coming across as totally brainfucked... or at "best" so on drugs you lost all connection with reality.

Keep telling yourself you really stuck it to us with your incoherent verse quoting, that way at least someone (you personally) will be impressed with your performance. If denying facts and responding to questions with bullcrap were olympic disciplines, we wouldn't need to start the next games - you'd win hands down. lmao_99.gif

Why do you play fantasy games and believe in the nordic gods?

Actually, his belief system is at least more rational and cohesive than the nonsense you spout endlessly over here. How many times do I and others have to tell you that most of us know the bible MORE than you could ever hope to? We've got one person (Geezer) who taught it 40 years. I've studied it almost 25. But an ahole like you comes along and insults our intelligence quoting one or two verses at us. Do you get some kind of gratification (sexual or otherwise) doing that crap?

Please explain why the nordic pantheon is more "rational and cohesive".

Jesus *said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (Joh 20:29)

I did believe, but mu faith was destroyed by the actions of Christians, some really screwed up things in the old testament and a couple other issues.  Clay, trust me, if Jesus was to pop up in front of me and say I am real and then disappear, that would send me back to believing.

What happened? Do you have a testimony on this site by chance?

Old testament, some king sacrifices his daughter, Abe being asked to sacrifice Isaac (if God knows our true heart why would ask someone to sacrifice his own son?), too much science showing at least an old earth, macro evolution, cultures in the middle of nowhere who never heard of Christ, towel of babel, but yet the langauges are totally different (meaning romance lanquages are different from Asian one which are different from native American ones etc), the vast majority of xians I know being total assholes etc

Oh yeah, Lot's daughters getting him drunk and sleeping with him??????????????

All your multimillionaire evangelists who preach God is judging America for abortion and homosexuality cannot discuss facts. What say you:

1) Norway has liberal abortion laws and most people there could care less if someone is gay; so why do they have the highest standard of living in the world.

2) China has forced abortions, yet their economy has gone from 3rd world status 20 yrs ago to superpower status now.

Why Christians?

I would say you are setting up a strawman.

What the Bible teaches is that God is long suffering.

... for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Mat 5:45)

One could argue that what these people realised is that god does not or can not change the averages of things that happen.
What is the "averages of things"?
I was saying that some unseen force does not have the power to change your luck and make things work out the way you want it.

I thought maybe you were indirectly referring to the Law of Large Numbers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

I don't think God does change this law. He does intervene in individual lives though.

All your multimillionaire evangelists who preach God is judging America for abortion and homosexuality cannot discuss facts. What say you:

1) Norway has liberal abortion laws and most people there could care less if someone is gay; so why do they have the highest standard of living in the world.

2) China has forced abortions, yet their economy has gone from 3rd world status 20 yrs ago to superpower status now.

Why Christians/

... for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Mat 5:45)

Why can't you cultists ever give a direct answer to anything we ask? He cited FACTS about other countries. You respond with nothing except another insipid bible verse. But responding to that - your imaginary god is long suffering? You might want to check with the various tribes your long suffering god wiped out when it suffered a temper tandrum.

First, his "facts" are vague half truths - China for example, he seems to be utterly ignorant of the true state of affairs for the average citizen in China. As I said, it's a phony strawman question. If he has a question ask the person who made his purported statement. I can only assume anti Christians are so insecure in their unbelief they must manufacture arguments to rant against.

Second, I actually did answer if you took the time to think.

To any honest observer it is clear that long suffering does not mean we will never be judged.

As you said

"I can only assume anti Christians are so insecure in their unbelief they must manufacture arguments to rant against"

This of course does happen, but it happens on both sides.

To be honest I don't think anti Christians even perceive their own bluster and false bravado. They wander off into other spiritualities pretending their path is more "reasonable" through a myriad of phony rationalizations. They have no foundation other than their railing against The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I can say in all honesty watching this over and over again on many sites and over many years it has strengthened my faith. The psychology is always, always the same. This is no coincidence.
When I was a christian I tried to do what your doing here, but it only ends up in frustration and pain. Your better off staying with your own kind untill you really need us.

This is the Lions Den is it not? We all have to face the truth.

What is a "ravenstar"?

This particular Ravenstar is a goddess, and I freely bow and worship her.

Clay, please answer my comments and God asking for human sacrifices,    Also, do you find it acceptable that Kenneth Copeland and pat ropbertson are worth hundreds of millions (Yes or No will suffice).    Do you think the Iraq war was just (again, just a yes or no)

The truth is you're a weasly asshole who has nothing to back your mythology.  And you're roundly getting your ass kicked - face THAT truth.

Guest r3alchild

I like your name change its really neat.

Thank you but someone suggested it in the past and I do like it.

Guest r3alchild

Why Christians/

Why can't you cultists ever give a direct answer to anything we ask? He cited FACTS about other countries. You respond with nothing except another insipid bible verse. But responding to that - your imaginary god is long suffering? You might want to check with the various tribes your long suffering god wiped out when it suffered a temper tandrum.

First, his "facts" are vague half truths - China for example, he seems to be utterly ignorant of the true state of affairs for the average citizen in China. As I said, it's a phony strawman question. If he has a question ask the person who made his purported statement. I can only assume anti Christians are so insecure in their unbelief they must manufacture arguments to rant against.

Second, I actually did answer if you took the time to think.

To any honest observer it is clear that long suffering does not mean we will never be judged.

As you said

"I can only assume anti Christians are so insecure in their unbelief they must manufacture arguments to rant against"

This of course does happen, but it happens on both sides.

To be honest I don't think anti Christians even perceive their own bluster and false bravado. They wander off into other spiritualities pretending their path is more "reasonable" through a myriad of phony rationalizations. They have no foundation other than their railing against The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I can say in all honesty watching this over and over again on many sites and over many years it has strengthened my faith. The psychology is always, always the same. This is no coincidence.
When I was a christian I tried to do what your doing here, but it only ends up in frustration and pain. Your better off staying with your own kind untill you really need us.

Man you really like twisting peoples giblets here. You don't understand, I like you allready, because I see someone in you who has greater potential than all the things faith has convinced you of.

If you would only come over to the dark side, I would like you even more and I think everyone here would too.

Jesus *said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (Joh 20:29)

I did believe, but mu faith was destroyed by the actions of Christians, some really screwed up things in the old testament and a couple other issues.  Clay, trust me, if Jesus was to pop up in front of me and say I am real and then disappear, that would send me back to believing.

Old testament, some king sacrifices his daughter, Abe being asked to sacrifice Isaac (if God knows our true heart why would ask someone to sacrifice his own son?), too much science showing at least an old earth, macro evolution, cultures in the middle of nowhere who never heard of Christ, towel of babel, but yet the langauges are totally different (meaning romance lanquages are different from Asian one which are different from native American ones etc), the vast majority of xians I know being total assholes etc

Everyone one of those items you listed have also given me pause for thought. Some I've found very clear answers for, and others I simply don't know the answer too. No one knows all the answers no matter where they fall in the continuum of belief. It would be ridiculous for me to reject Christ because I don't know all the answers.

People are generally assholes. You will find them at work, at the grocery store, at school, on the street corner.

What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, ..."

(Rom 3:3-4)

Do you believe in the spiritual world?

yes, I believe there is something out there in a spiritual realm, but again; Why would God ask for human sacrifices?   Is the Iraq war good (YES or NO)?   How can anyone read the old testament and say Praise God, he has had us wipe out a city of our enemies?

[God]  does intervene in individual lives though.

Bullshit.  Complete and utter bullshit.

Clay, please answer my comments and God asking for human sacrifices,    Also, do you find it acceptable that Kenneth Copeland and pat ropbertson are worth hundreds of millions (Yes or No will suffice).    Do you think the Iraq war was just (again, just a yes or no)

God did not, and does not, require human sacrifice.

Hosea 6:6  For I desire goodness, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt-offerings.

So the real question is why did God feign this to test Abraham, when He already knew Abraham's current and future thoughts and deeds. First, I don't know why with absolute certainty, and this does not bother me in the least. Not knowing God's exact reasoning is perfectly fine with me.

That said, here is my opinion on why God did this. He did not do it to learn anything. God is omniscient and has no need to learn anything. We on the other hand need to learn much, and we learn only through dramatic and emotional events. I believe God played this out because He was providing a lesson to Abraham and all future generations. The lesson was that He demanded as much, and more, devotion as the pagans of the days of Abraham.

Are you sure Copeland and Robertson have personal fortunes worth hundreds of millions? Maybe they do, based on equity in their organizations, or something. I would never give any money to either organization myself. My charities are directed to the persecuted Church in the rest of the world.

So in short, I do not approve of them, or any Christian, amassing wealth based on donations!

My opinion on the Iraq war has changed over time. Overall, I no longer agree we should have engaged in the war. Saddam was an evil character and deserved to be brought to justice. His capture and trial was just. The war was wrong in my opinion.

Thank you but someone suggested it in the past and I do like it.

What was it before?

Guest r3alchild

I did believe, but mu faith was destroyed by the actions of Christians, some really screwed up things in the old testament and a couple other issues. Clay, trust me, if Jesus was to pop up in front of me and say I am real and then disappear, that would send me back to believing.

Everyone one of those items you listed have also given me pause for thought. Some I've found very clear answers for, and others I simply don't know the answer too. No one knows all the answers no matter where they fall in the continuum of belief. It would be ridiculous for me to reject Christ because I don't know all the answers.

People are generally assholes. You will find them at work, at the grocery store, at school, on the street corner.

What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, ..."

finding answers to difficult scriptures can be worked out with the bible and other resources, but they will allways end up being theoretical by nature. (not a evidence based theory) So really the only way you can prove you have answers to biblical inconsistencies and difficulties, is for god to show up and tell you if your right.

Man you really like twisting peoples giblets here. You don't understand, I like you allready, because I see someone in you who has greater potential than all the things faith has convinced you of.

If you would only come over to the dark side, I would like you even more and I think everyone here would too.

Thank you, I think. ;)

I don't want people's approval. I believe very, very deeply in The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His Christ. I Believe with no doubt that death is a thin veil and their is a spiritual reality that we must com to grips with. It would be easier in my life not to believe, but it's simply not possible. I've subjected my mind to every doubt I can rationally conjure up, but every time I read the Bible it still melts my heart and brings me joy.

yes, I believe there is something out there in a spiritual realm,

Can you please tell me why you believe this?

Guest r3alchild

Thank you, I think. ;)

I don't want people's approval. I believe very, very deeply in The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His Christ. I Believe with no doubt that death is a thin veil and their is a spiritual reality that we must com to grips with. It would be easier in my life not to believe, but it's simply not possible. I've subjected my mind to every doubt I can rationally conjure up, but every time I read the Bible it still melts my heart and brings me joy.

Read my last post to you....up there a bit.

I did believe, but mu faith was destroyed by the actions of Christians, some really screwed up things in the old testament and a couple other issues. Clay, trust me, if Jesus was to pop up in front of me and say I am real and then disappear, that would send me back to believing.

finding answers to difficult scriptures can be worked out with the bible and other resources, but they will allways end up being theoretical by nature. (not a evidence based theory) So really the only way you can prove you have answers to biblical inconsistencies and difficulties, is for god to show up and tell you if your right.

If you are referring to empirical evidence than I agree, but don't fall into the trap of believing that the only valid evidence is empirical. It is simply not true. The statement, "empirical evidence is the only valid form of evidence" is self refuting. You can't empirically demonstrate the truth of this statement.

A person does not need to proselytize to "babble bullshit". When you talk about the nordic pantheon why is it not "babbling bullshit"?

Dude, it's bullshit as soon as I insist it's truth without having any objective evidence supporting my claim.

Your claims lack evidence. So do mine (when I actually make them).

You insist your claims are true. I don't.

Therefore you babble bullshit. I discuss things that I know many others will disagree with.

That be clear even for brain as small as jebus cultist, or still too hard to get, hmmm? lmao_99.gif

(Man this is good, even hilarious... I rarely have the chance nowadays to mock someone who so obviously begs for it... :fdevil: )

Bwhahahahahahaha   no.

What is a "ravenstar"?

Noted: Lack of even a pitiful attempt to justify its own beliefs or prove Raven's claims wrong.

Noted: Desperate attempt to change topic.

Conclusion: Poster is effectively braindead.

Surprise: none.

• Like 1