Thank You Disillusionment, Thank You Frailty

Positivist

But but gawd is just testing you..., silly fucktards have not had a reasonable explanation for why shit happens and yet it is there; shit happens.

Glad you are sorted out and yes if you had not believed in the sky guru's non existent healing powers, you probably may have had another outcome. Praise their imaginary lard, my uber religious folks still relied on medicine for us kids.

• Like 3

I am so glad you are over your long visit to hell. You and people like you who have experienced so much

pain are one the many reasons that I let go of the false faith. Your experience is totally inconsistent

with an all-powerful, compassionate, loving god. And you told the story with both pathos and humor. Thank you for sharing. bill

• Like 2

So, to quote Alanis Morisette:

Thank you India, thank you terror

Thank you disillusionment

Thank you frailty, thank you consequence

Thank you, thank you silence

The moment I let go of it was

The moment I got more than I could handle

The moment I jumped off of it was

The moment I touched down

This^

5 star post my girlfriend. ***** Thank you for sharing that pain.

You are a rock....turning into a diamond. You are an encouragement for all.

For every ounce of pain you've been through - I wish you double... double good things to happen....

I'm going to wish that for you as big as my wisher can wish!

huge hug for you today......

A song dedicated to you today from the 70's!!

• Like 3

But but gawd is just testing you....

I am soooo tempted to be passive aggressive and say to my fundy-in-laws: "You know, I've discovered that all of my symptoms are caused by gluten intolerance. I thought God was trying to teach me something through my suffering. Am I cheating by curing myself? I feel God has some work left to do through my suffering; I don't want to end the lesson early. What should I do?"

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 3

I wish you all the best Positivist, now and always. We all know how "God is testing you" is just a lie.

• Super Moderator

So glad you figured out the gluten connection.   Hope you'll be feeling better with each day.

You [and your doctor(s)?] have certainly shown that nonexistent buybull god and all those who believe in him a thing or two -- like what it really means to be the True Omniscient and Omnipotent  OnesTM.   Cryotanknotworthy.gif     

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Take care, Pos.

• Like 1

This reminds me of the Christian website where these grandparents bought thier grandson some stuffed animals. The kid started developing allergies to the dust mites in the stuffed animals, but the pastor told the kid's parents it was demons in the toys that made the kid sick. Of course they didn't just get rid of the stuffed animals but just about anything in the boy's room that was considered demonic.

This reminds me of the Christian website where these grandparents bought thier grandson some stuffed animals. The kid started developing allergies to the dust mites in the stuffed animals, but the pastor told the kid's parents it was demons in the toys that made the kid sick. Of course they didn't just get rid of the stuffed animals but just about anything in the boy's room that was considered demonic.

Wow. Just wow! If that doesn't make a person crazy, I don't know what does!

Me when I believed this crap: Wendycrazy.gif

Me as an atheist: smile.png

• 2 months later...

It’s a good thing you aren’t Catholic. Catholic law requires the host to be made of wheat, and no exceptions are allowed. Not even for celiac disease. You can Google it. I recall a case where they put a little girl through hell over this (which actually shouldn’t be surprising considering the number of altar boys they’ve put through hell). This girl is taught that she cannot avoid burning in HELL forever unless she eats something that makes her violently ill. She is also taught that God made her. Our health insurance premiums will be paying for her psychotherapy.

File under “redemptive suffering.” She gets time off purgatory (after she’s dead). Nice.

• Like 1

That is an awesome post.

I can relate, my health problems helped me along the path to atheism (although they were far from the only reason). And as an atheist, I feel better equipped to deal with them, even things that I know that will probably not be cured in my lifetime. The false hope that Christianity offers is crazy-making. 

You didn't happen to go to a charismatic church, did you?