Goodbye Jesus

Whisky Is Good

SquareOne

Hi

I'm drinking a 12 Year Old, Single Malt Glenlivet from the bottle, and I don't even care.  Do you know why?  Because it's ok to drink now.  I mean, I drank before, but now I don't feel like there's anything wrong with it.

Whisky is nice.

On man, you need to step up your game! Try a bottle of Glen Morangie, and don't even dream of using ice with it. :)

By the way, I never felt the need to not drink when I believed.

• Like 1

On man, you need to step up your game! Try a bottle of Glen Morangie, and don't even dream of using ice with it. smile.png

By the way, I never felt the need to not drink when I believed.

I do also like Glenmorangie.  In fact I've just polished off a glass of Glenmorangie's Lasanta.  Nice.  Have an up-vote.

We'll see how you feel after you wake up face down on deck an Alaskan fishing boat and don't know why you're broke.

Seriously, it's health issues man.  Calculable risk of kidney, liver failure/disease, high risk of diabeties.  Not to mention the affects it may have on your relationships and professional life.  Quality of life.  There may be nothing wrong with enjoying whisky to excess, but it may be better to enjoy drinking whisky responsibly if you can.

It was killing me, I had to kind of not do it any more in order to survive.  Used to drink whole bottles in an evening and wake up in the morning for cereal and coffee.  I fully appreciate and enjoy the high grade whisky's you guys are talking about, but now I can barely have a shot and I begin showing signs of alcohol poisoning and getting sick.

Best of luck with your excess.

Ouch, sounds pretty nasty - thanks for the warning.  I'm a pretty careful guy generally - so I'll try to be careful about excesses.

My idea of heaven is good BBQ (wood smoked all day in my backyard), good Scotch, and good cigars. Having good company around for a lively discussion is a bonus. Oh, and of course having a couple of good dogs for companionship when the wife gets pissed at me.

With those simple requirements I find myself in heaven almost every weekend, and sometimes during the week, too.

• Like 2

botfx, the beautiful thing about it is that I could enjoy your heaven way before death, and that we could likewise enjoy it with a bunch of other sinners. ;)

Me, I'm a cheap drinker. I enjoy whiskey, but it's typically a run of the mill highball -- jack and coke, jim and coke, jameson and coke, maker's mark.

Okay, I see that there is a need for enlightenment here.

Never use good booze as a mixer. Jim, Jack, Jameson and Maker's Mark are not cheap whiskeys by any means (I'm being kind to Jim in this case.) If you want cheap (rotgut) whiskey, try Old Quaker sometime. (Don't say I didn't warn you, though.) If you insist on wasting good booze like that, do only for the first one, I promise you won't be able to tell the difference after that (unless you actually DO try Old Quaker.)

Surprisingly enough, the generic store brand booze is usually quite drinkable in mixed drinks. Just don't keep the plastic bottles in sight and you should be okay.

You mean no whiskey and coke highballs? No southern comfort black and mountain dew? Wendytwitch.gif

Bah! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my whiskey on the rocks, or straight from the shotglass -- but that's not how I drink it exclusively. Can't help it. Long habit.

I suppose I shouldn't tell you that my idea of a 'good cigar' comes in the form of a middleton's black and mild. ;)

... but only because I've never really tried a good stogie.

Do yourself and your wallet a big favor, don't try a really good cigar unless you have outstanding self-control. smile.png

All I'm saying is don't use decent booze in a mixed drink, use store brands for that. I wholeheartedly agree that when you want it straight up or on the rocks then by all means reach for the good stuff all the way.

Oh, and don't ever, ever, EVER get smashed drinking straight Southern Comfort! (It's a Good Thing that the Internet wasn't around in those days.)

• Like 1

If you like the taste of The Glenlivet, I'd recommend Balvenie Doublewood or Aberlour.  Too pricey to just glug or mix, more of a "treat."  I consume it about an ounce at a time, neat, usually over a couple of hours.

Unfortunately I don't get along with peaty whisky (or indeed with smoked anything, food or drink).

And do be careful with those internal organs, as fixing 'em ain't cheap and is sometimes nigh impossible.

This seems like quite a manly thread, but bbq, whiskey, cigar, company, and dogs does sound pretty fantastic. Wherever I settle down, I will certainly take bbq, company, and dog capabilities into account. 

So many great things to enjoy! 

Nothing manly about it, just good livin'. :)

Boftx: How in the hell could you stomach that bullshit without drinking? bill

Who said I wasn't drinking? LOL

And I mean every word of what I said, especially about my dogs.. Ask my wife, she gets pissed at me at least once a day. smile.png

I misread the original post as "I'm a drinking 12 year old" and thought........what the hell?Wendytwitch.gif

My idea of heaven is good BBQ (wood smoked all day in my backyard), good Scotch, and good cigars. Having good company around for a lively discussion is a bonus. Oh, and of course having a couple of good dogs for companionship when the wife gets pissed at me.

With those simple requirements I find myself in heaven almost every weekend, and sometimes during the week, too.

This sounds like my idea of heaven too.  Well - don't know about the dogs.  Although, I've always thought about getting an Alsatian.

• Super Moderator

Nothing manly about it, just good livin'. smile.png

That's for sure.  What you described sounds almost perfect to me -- I have to include cats to make it absolutely perfect.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif .   

I've even been known to enjoy a stogie or two.  

Hi

I'm drinking a 12 Year Old, Single Malt Glenlivet from the bottle, and I don't even care.  Do you know why?  Because it's ok to drink now.  I mean, I drank before, but now I don't feel like there's anything wrong with it.

Whisky is nice.

Oooh your going to kill me when i tell you i poor coke in mine tongue.png (just when its the cheap one do hehe)

I misread the original post as "I'm a drinking 12 year old" and thought........what the hell?Wendytwitch.gif

Lol eek.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My younger brother bought me a bottle of 10 yr old Talisker for my birthday.  It's going down very smooth.  Also got a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label from a friend, it's a blend, and though I normally go for a single malt I'm quite enjoying it.

I've always sort of felt left out because I can't drink. I mean, I can, but I hate it. I can't stomach beer, whiskey, wine, anything really except those girly mixer drinks and if I drink them I get laughed at. Probably just as well i spose, that shit is expensive.