Goodbye Jesus

What If Tarot Is Real?

OrdinaryClay

What if tarot is real? What if the hideous abominations of the left hand path are real? What if kali is real?

I see many on here dance around other spiritual followings. It's uncool among skeptics to actually openly embrace the possibility that this stuff is stone cold ******* real. I believe there are some on here that know just how real the spiritual world is and mute their words.

Well I ask you, what if it's real? Do you really believe the thin veil called death is simply eternal unconsciousness.

Skeptics of what? There are many types of skeptics here. You know some are only skeptical of Christianity. There are other skeptics like myself that sees all supernatural belief systems as ridiculous. There are several members I can think of offhand that have posted their personal spiritual experiences. That is why there is a forum specifically for Spirituality. I know you only like to post inflammatory topics without any real conversation, but I encourage you to actually read the descriptors and rules for each sub-forum and maybe you would better understand the relationship we all have here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand_path_and_right-hand_path

The left and right hand paths are really the same dichotomous thinking as hell and heaven,  satan and jesus,  Talos and Lathandar.  The left hand path breaks conventions and taboos just achieve liberation. The right hand path sticks to social conventions to achieve harmony. 

Tarot, ouija boards, automatic writing, etc. are all tool and in some cases crutches to all the user to "get the personality" out of the way.  This often produces insights that might not have been seen before. They never predict.  They only show probabilities of what might happen or seems to be trending.  That said something that has an 80% probablity is more likely to happen then the other four 5% options. 

Well I ask you, what if it's real? Do you really believe the thin veil called death is simply eternal unconsciousness.

As to the last, it is and it isn't. The personality that is you will cease existing in anyway that would be considered alive.  That personality will eventually be integrated in to a large whole of which the decease personality is less 1%.   This personality can be accessed like a memory when needed. 

Guest Babylonian Dream

I agree with, Florduh, only slightly further. Is OC's curiousity real?

I think not, past evidence, by his own hand I might add, shows he has no real interest in gaining anything here but feeling important in his sad little world. Expanding your world is scary and he likes the small bubble he is in.

Agreed.

I would further point out he obviously does not understand the purpose of this site either.

That would be why he doesn't seem to understand the focus on leaving and not believing in christianity. If we were expagan.net, we'd mention why paganism is false more. But we're not, we're ex-c.

We don't criticise Islam or Hinduism as much here either, we must like those religions more according to his logic.... /fail.

• Like 1

Yet another nonsensical trolling thread?!

images_zpsaf9e6d79.jpg

images2_zpsd30aed28.jpg

If tarot is real, OC, *I* am the High Priestess and you're one of those blighters chained up in card XV.

I find it fascinating that you can't defend your own sorry-ass beliefs but take great delight in mocking other ones. As far as I'm concerned, your faith has already died and is rotting away in the back of your mind, and one day you're just going to wake up in a warm, sunny bed and realize you no longer believe.

• Like 3

Guest Babylonian Dream

If tarot is real, OC, *I* am the High Priestess and you're one of those blighters chained up in card XV.

I find it fascinating that you can't defend your own sorry-ass beliefs but take great delight in mocking other ones. As far as I'm concerned, your faith has already died and is rotting away in the back of your mind, and one day you're just going to wake up in a warm, sunny bed and realize you no longer believe.

+1 because I've already reached my quota of liked posts for the day. So I'm unable to like your awesome post. Garh..,,, why the limit on liking posts?

Trolling cats, that's just silly.

Err, it was only a picture to make a point as I'm also getting fed up with the nonsense the OP has been spouting for the last few days. The way I see it is that the CAT is accusing someone of trolling. Sorry if it wasn't obvious to you.Wendywhatever.gif

Guest r3alchild

Trolling cats, that's just silly.

Err, it was only a picture to make a point as I'm too getting sick of the nonsense the OP has been spouting for the last few days. The way I see it is that the CAT is accusing someone of trolling. Sorry if it wasn't obvious to youWendywhatever.gif
I was saying silly comically, cozz that cat is hilarious.

• Super Moderator

What if numerology is real?  Oh, wait... I guess it is for True ChristbotsTM.  666, 777, rapture date predictions, and all that other stupid shit.....

To entertain the idea though, if tarot cards, ouija boards and FMS were real, I would be happier than a pig in mud. There would be a lot of variety to choose from dogmatically, and maybe I might get to have a front seat on a cosmic plane somewhere, popcorn in hand, and watch all the deities battle to the death for my soul since it is worth so much that these guys have audience members in their personal heavenly kingdoms....

What if bacon is real? Oh wait, it is real, and I just ate some on my sandwich for lunch! It was delicious. This makes bacon better than God or tarot.

• Like 2

What if tarot is real? What if the hideous abominations of the left hand path are real? What if kali is real?

I see many on here dance around other spiritual followings. It's uncool among skeptics to actually openly embrace the possibility that this stuff is stone cold ******* real. I believe there are some on here that know just how real the spiritual world is and mute their words.

By the power of the Holy Trinity of Reason, Logic and Critical Thinking I banish your spirit of fear mongering. I rebuke your attempt to make us afraid. I deny your bullshit in the name of Myself, the Ultimate Authority of my life. Thank you.

• Like 1

Tarot = Christian Prophecy

Magic Spell = Christian Supplication

Magic Ritual = Christian Ritual

Same shit, different deity.

• Like 2

I agree with, Florduh, only slightly further. Is OC's curiousity real?

I think not, past evidence, by his own hand I might add, shows he has no real interest in gaining anything here but feeling important in his sad little world. Expanding your world is scary and he likes the small bubble he is in.

OC is just a web troll. He never was a True Christian.

Uncool among us? Not so! We LOVE things that are real! Reality and truth is our bread and butter. If this stuff turned out to be "real," and we skeptics could test it and verify it, we'd be all over that like white on rice!

The problem is...there is no proof. We can entertain thoughts all we want, but they wouldn't be "real," as you put it. 

But to answer your questions, I actually own a couple sets of Tarot cards and rather enjoy it. And yes, it IS real. They aren't magic. People often think Tarot cards predict the future or whatever, and that is simply Hollywood fantasy. What they are actually used for is helping puzzle through a problem. Some folks do believe they are magic. I don't, personally. 

To suppose farther in the idea that magic, Kali, and the occult are real...well, I guess it doesn't really has any sort of an impact on my life or how I live it. My life isn't very interesting or would really be deemed offensive to any religion, as far as I can tell. I don't actually have any beliefs about the afterlife. I don't know what happens after people die, so I contently sit with "I don't know." 

I'm curious about you though Ordinary Clay, if the left-hand path turned out to be real but Christianity is false, what would you do? Would the occult be something you'd be interested in following or learning about? Would it impact your life and how you live it? Or would you keep it pretty much the same? 

OC, you're a dunce.

Tarot is not real, and there is no 'spiritual world.'

Clay, go find yourself a Ouija board and ask it if the tarot is "real". With a little practice you could scare the shit out of the neighborhood kids.

He probably already does.

Incidentally, when he claims some here know how real the 'spiritual world' is and are just muting their words, does he mean they're keeping silent intentionally to send others to hell because they're evil?

Incidentally, when he [OC] claims some here know how real the 'spiritual world' is and are just muting their words, does he mean they're keeping silent intentionally to send others to hell because they're evil?

No, OC simply assumes (apparently) that an Ex-C must be an atheist (the jury is still out on whether or not he knows what an agnostic is.) He wants to make the implication that any Ex-C that still holds some kind of spiritual view is being deceived by demonic forces, or even Satan, but doesn't want to say it directly. Instead, he comes at it from the side and will later make the connection for those too blind to see what has happened to them.

• Like 2

Where is he anyway? Where did OrdinaryClay go?

He's gone because we didn't feed into his desire for negative attention..or maybe..gasp..he has a life?

His narrow mindedness is starting to grate on my nerves. Part of having a debate is being willing to at least humor the other side's point of view. You can't understand your own point of view unless you can at least see where the other side is coming from. From the brief time I've been seeing OC, he debates with a hammer. Yes, it is legitimate to attack an idea in a debate, but you must also take care to address the point of the argument.

edit:

Also three words I can respect, "I don't know." If you don't have an answer to something just say so, not knowing something has nothing to do with one's intelligence. It just means it is something one doesn't know, and no one can know everything. It also doesn't mean one's point is completely invalid. This is where one should politely say, "You bring up a very good point, I don't know. [insert speculation here]." This could be an opportunity to learn something new, or see that maybe there is something that should reconsidered. 

• Like 1