Christianity Disproved Website

I just discovered this website: Christianity Disproved

I cannot imagine how many hours were spent on it. It is one of the most comprehensive resources I have found, with links to videos, websites, and books on just about every key facet of Christianity. It is well-polished and organized and VAST. Seriously, it will take me months to get through all of it. Just wanted to share the love.

• Like 3

Wow - great site!  I have bookmarked it for future reference.

The most hilarious thing when I was checking out the site is that there was an ad for ChristianMingle.com!

I completely read that wrong.  

I thought you typed Christianity Disapproves.  

Me too. :) 

Great find.  Have bookmarked.  Will check it out.  :)

Well, I'm glad it's working for someone, all I get is an error message on every link:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /bible.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Well, I'm glad it's working for someone, all I get is an error message on every link:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That is weird, the site worked for me just fine earlier, but now it's giving me the same error message, but only when I click on the links to additional sources.

• Super Moderator

Forbidden

That is weird, the site worked for me just fine earlier, but now it's giving me the same error message, but only when I click on the links to additional sources.

I'm getting the 403 error when I click on the link now.  I had looked at quite a bit of website earlier today with no problem.  The site has a lot of good info.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Doesn't open at all for me. What a shame. Well... Hopefully the site comes back up with time. That's all I have to say. I'd be interested in reading it.

Weird, I am getting the error message too now. It was up and running great earlier. Hopefully it will be up again soon.

hahahahaha

christian hackers... OH NOES!!!!!

Glad it's back up.. was this done by Evid3nc3?  Seems like his style... love his youtube videos

hahahahaha

christian hackers... OH NOES!!!!!

Glad it's back up.. was this done by Evid3nc3?  Seems like his style... love his youtube videos

There's a link to his youtube page in the "Testimonies" section, but I don't think it was him. If you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "About" you can read about the guy, but he never gives a name.

This is wonderful.  I will certainly be copying and pasting some of these excerpts in my next religious debate!

It does seem to assume Evangelical Protestantism is the only Christianity there is though. For most people, though, that's probably the most relevant kind of Christianity to need arguments against - and to a large degree, evangelical protestantism and catholicism agree on most of that stuff anyway, so it's fairly sufficient for most people that ever will read it. However, if you happen to interact with a lot of orthodox people (or try to use it against Judaism), you'll find that a lot of the concepts there are quite different from the Christianity presented at that website.

It does seem to assume Evangelical Protestantism is the only Christianity there is though. For most people, though, that's probably the most relevant kind of Christianity to need arguments against - and to a large degree, evangelical protestantism and catholicism agree on most of that stuff anyway, so it's fairly sufficient for most people that ever will read it. However, if you happen to interact with a lot of orthodox people (or try to use it against Judaism), you'll find that a lot of the concepts there are quite different from the Christianity presented at that website.

Interesting. Would the Biblical contradictions or scientific problems not still apply?

Interesting. Would the Biblical contradictions or scientific problems not still apply?

Agree with Botfx, DrNo.

Sadly, there's no magic bullet that kills ALL types of Christian, stone-cold dead.   smileydies.gif

What works against Thumbelina wouldn't necessarily work against OrdinaryClay. 

The former is a YEC and Biblical Inerrantist and the latter isn't.  The Thumb knows better than to be drawn into any thread about science and avoids them like the plague.  Whereas, OC's some kind of Theistic Evolutionist and doesn't hold scriptural literalism.  He's totally comfortable discussing genetics or psychology or astronomy.  Each one has to be tackled in their own unique way. 

So, imho,the Christianity Disproved site is a good resource, but it's not a one-size-fits-all solution to everything Christian.

Thanks,

BAA.

Agree with Botfx, DrNo.

Sadly, there's no magic bullet that kills ALL types of Christian, stone-cold dead.   smileydies.gif

The former is a YEC and Biblical Inerrantist and the latter isn't.  The Thumb knows better than to be drawn into any thread about science and avoids them like the plague.  Whereas, OC's some kind of Theistic Evolutionist and doesn't hold scriptural literalism.  He's totally comfortable discussing genetics or psychology or astronomy.  Each one has to be tackled in their own unique way. 

So, imho,the Christianity Disproved site is a good resource, but it's not a one-size-fits-all solution to everything Christian.

Thanks,

BAA.

Oh I was under no such delusion, but I am still curious as to how exactly it would not fit in terms of Greek Orthodox Christians (I admittedly know very little about them).

BAA wrote:

Sadly, there's no magic bullet that kills ALL types of Christian, stone-cold dead.

Not even the fractal universe and eternal inflation, which, levels ID and the fine tuned universe ideas which are fundamental to the very concept of a conscious intent bound creator God? 

Wouldn't your recent argument from cosmology take out every theistic Jew, Christian, and Muslim whether liberal or conservative? 

BAA wrote:

Sadly, there's no magic bullet that kills ALL types of Christian, stone-cold dead.

Not even the fractal universe and eternal inflation, which, levels ID and the fine tuned universe ideas which are fundamental to the very concept of a conscious intent bound creator God? 

Wouldn't your recent argument from cosmology take out every theistic Jew, Christian, and Muslim whether liberal or conservative? 

You'd think so, wouldn't you Josh?

"But it's (insert whatever data or evidence you like) just a theory." 

Heard that line before? 

It's one thing for scientists to discover evidence that jeopardizes the truth of Christianity/Judaism/Islam.  Getting the Christians/Jews/Muslims to accept that evidence, is another.

Need I say more?

Wendybanghead.gif

BAA.

• Like 1

Agree with Botfx, DrNo.

Thanks,

BAA.

Oh I was under no such delusion, but I am still curious as to how exactly it would not fit in terms of Greek Orthodox Christians (I admittedly know very little about them).

For one, the arguments regarding hell don't quite apply, as Orthodox Christianity doesn't really share the hell-concept in the form you're familiar with. Onwards, already in patristic writings, you do find some who think the actual ins and outs of creation and such is something philosophy as a method is fit for, and scripture doesn't teach that. Of course, it seems early Christianity permitted some variation on what to think about such issues in general. Orthodoxy and Catholicism seem to have had both more and less strict views on this depending on what time period you look at them - and it seems both of them are heading towards a rather tolerant stance towards the scientific view.