Goodbye Jesus

My Son's God Given Talent

Jds22

My 21yr old son is a junior in college at the moment. He is currently the school's chapel organist and is also the music director, pianist, organist, and choir director of a local Lutheran church.

He's started playing at 14 and fell in love with it. We never had to tell him to practice in fact sometimes we had to ask him to keep it down. His senior year in high school he would get up at 5 to practice before school. Sometime during that year he played an organ for the first time and started to focus on that.

My point, he's worked and studied really hard to get where he is.

The other day his aunt told him that when she hears him play she thanks Jesus for his god given talent.

49.gif

• Like 2

That's awesome!  I love to hear of kids passionate about their instrument.  Tell him to use it to make lots of money.  Nothing wrong with that.  =)

• Like 1

That's awesome!  I love to hear of kids passionate about their instrument.  Tell him to use it to make lots of money.  Nothing wrong with that.  =)

Thanks.

He's going to be a college music prof so lots of money, probably not but he'll be doing what he loves so that's awesome.

The other day his aunt told him that when she hears him play she thanks Jesus for his god given talent.

49.gif

God-given talent, yeah right! This is just another case of giving a god credit for the hard work a person goes through to learn skills that are important to them. It is really irritating when a god is given credit for something it had nothing to do with. "Those surgeons who went through all sorts of education and training to save you from that brain tumor were only tools for Gawd, so only Gawd deserves the credit!"

49.gif

49.gif

Double face palm, for when one is just not enough.

• Like 1

If god gets the credit for one person's talent, is he also responsible for another's disability? bill

• Like 1

If god gets the credit for one person's talent, is he also responsible for another's disability? bill

Bingo.

Nope, if a person is disabled, it's their fault. If they are talented, Gawd gets the credit. See? Gawd always wins!

• Like 1