Goodbye Jesus

Does The Universe Have An Ego?

Guest end3

Guest end3

Equivocation is when the same word has multiple meanings and somebody mixes them up in a way that is not appropriate.  It confuses people into thinking what is false might be true.

Synonym can be exactly the same meaning.  So I am at a loss as to why I may not use a different words for exactly the same meaning.

you are not understanding that you are not using a synonym. The way you understand these concepts it is a synonym but that does not mean that it is. Your definition of entanglement and ego and so forth and so on are being misapplied in the context of this discussion. This does not mean that you cant understand these concepts better this is what I am trying to help you do. The first step like I pointed out above is being willing to admit you are misinformed on the matter. It is clear that you are not a quantum physicist so unless you want to learn and understand it by picking up a text book the best you can do at this point is as mymistake points out is Equivocate. I feel that your interest in these subjects is a good start and I encourage you to continue

I hear you.  I don't necessarily believe that I am equivocating, but more asking if the use of different words is attempting to convey the same property. 

Guest end3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

will give you an idea of what we are talking about. Which describes a property involved in quantum physics. If you have a sharp mind and are young enough not yet gone to college I suggest going into that field as it is going to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. Although it might just explode your head. The above definitions you gave do not apply to the conversation at hand.

Thanks, I feel like I have some mental concept of entanglement.  What I see the defintion saying is that even as large as diamonds may have entanglement properties. Why not anything larger regardless of organization?  How, realistically, if we are holding true to science form, can we say that entanglement DOESN"T happen at a different organizational level?  .....or system level?  You are right, I don't know the specific language of physics, but the definition of synonym is:  exactly or nearly the same meaning but using a different word in the same language.  So when we say per the official entanglement defintion, " A complicated or compromising relationship or situation.", how is it illegal to apply this to humanity?  By default, I am an organization of particles....mass, gravity,etc.

Have you looked into the Grinberg-Zylberbaum experiments?

no, but just looked at it briefly per your reference. 

I have to agree with the others end3. You can feel free to use the English language however you see fit but like other people have stated before its not honest and its not advancing the conversation. By honest I don't mean that you are inherently lying to purposefully deceive others but honest In the sense that you don't realize that you don't understand the concepts being discussed and inadvertently are misrepresenting yourself to others in this regard. We are not trying to be overly critical and there is no sense to get defensive. Part of understanding is having the humility to admit you are wrong. Entanglement works on a sub-atomic level this is the quantum. Things on the sub-atomic level do not behave with the same properties as the atomic level. for example on the sub atomic level any one particular particle can exist at any given place at any given time however this does not mean that the atom in which it most commonly resides in  can do the same thing. Again I am trying to explain this in layman's terms this is not the most accurate way to give this example. The point being what is "possible" on the quantum is not possible in the atomic this is why entanglement cannot apply it to humanity because the physical laws in which our atoms operate do not operate the same way on the quantum. The two are incompatible to suggest that they are is misleading.

Thank you, that is all I was asking for was a respectful reply.  In my mind's eye is a visualization of the association and disassociation of these particles which doesn't necessarily mean I have the world's knowledge base in the same place.  I shall read.  Thx

I didn't think any of the replies were disrespectful of you.  Is there a respectful way to tell somebody that an idea they presented is false?  The bad news in itself isn't disrespectful but I can remember how it isn't pleasant to get that bad news.

Okay the universe is a strange place and as time approaches infinity all kinds of strange things can happen randomly.  Lets say by coincidence an atom in your hand has been entangled for all this time with an atom in my arm.  That doesn't make it a relationship.  We wouldn't even notice.  It's not a mindful interaction.  The atoms would just keep doing what they do.

If a single sub-atomic particle in my body changed spin in accordance with an entangled particle somewhere else in the universe would I notice it?

If all sub-atomic particles in my body underwent a change in spin , one-by-one, at some point during my life would my body be unable to stay intact? Or would my atoms just adapt to that change somehow.

If all sub-atomic particles in my body did a total spin flip at the same time would my body be obliterated?

Just wondering.

If a single sub-atomic particle in my body changed spin in accordance with an entangled particle somewhere else in the universe would I notice it?

If all sub-atomic particles in my body underwent a change in spin , one-by-one, at some point during my life would my body be unable to stay intact? Or would my atoms just adapt to that change somehow.

If all sub-atomic particles in my body did a total spin flip at the same time would my body be obliterated?

Just wondering.

I am under the impression that this would not obliterate your body as this change occurs at a sub atomic level and would only have negligible effect on the atomic level. So I am not sure your body would even notice the change even if it was entirely simultanuous

My particular organization prefers to think about this in any manner it conceives BAA.  If it bothers you, you are welcome to disassociate/disentangle.

Thx

Please note that I'm not bothered at all, End. (For myself, that is.)

But, I am bothered on behalf of other people who'll read your words and be mislead and/or confused by them. 

Just as you might be bothered, if this happened to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A car pulls up and the driver asks me the way to the Piggly Wiggly.

I notice that he doesn't ask me the way to the nearest Piggly Wiggly.

So I prefer to interpret his query to mean what I want, not what he really meant.

I choose to interpet his query to mean the way to any Piggly Wiggly.

So I direct him in the opposite direction, to a much more distant one, in another county.

"It's that way", I say pointing him back the way he's already come. 

He thanks me and sets off. 

Eventually he discovers that I've sent him 90 miles out of his way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So would that bother you, if you were the driver?

If you'd expected me to interpret your words properly - not in any way I wanted to?

I know that I'd be pissed off with someone who preferred changing my words to mean what they wanted!

This is what happens when you mess around with (re-interpret) the meaning of words, End. 

You're not serving other people, the words themselves or the truth properly. 

That bothers me - not for myself, but on behalf of others. 

So why are you changing the meaning of certain words?

Don't you care that these changes will confuse other people?

Who and what do you think is being served by these changes?

BAA