Goodbye Jesus

Well... Glory!

Brother Jeff

Hey everybody,

Some of you may know that I re-converted to Christian faith a short while ago. I am prone to these religious experiences because of my bipolar disorder. But... I am back to normal now. Wishing I could find some happy medium. I am not a Christian but I don't feel a need to be a hardcore atheist either. I set my religious beliefs on Facebook to "none" and just left it at that. I am, thankfully, no longer angry over religion. I don't believe, but I don't feel a need to bash Christianity or God or Jesus. I think those days are over except maybe occasionally just for fun. I still like my Flash-animated farting Jesus. But beyond that, why bother? I'm no longer angry that I spent 15 years of my life as a devout fundamentalist Christian, from the ages of 19-34. I am 47 now. Sure, I wish things could have been different but that is a part of my past that still has value. I was mistaken in my beliefs for a long time. Sincere, but wrong. And I got past it!

I am thinking about writing a book about my religious experiences -- the fifteen years I was a believer, the occasional brief re-conversion experiences since then, and the effect bipolar disorder has had on all of that. I have the flu right now but as soon as I am feeling halfway decent again I think I will get started on it.

Hope all of my friends here are doing well.

Glory!

• Like 6

Haven't seen your posts in a while, Jeff, so thought you might have had another relapse. Glad you're back. Get well soon.

• Super Moderator

I heard of the reconversion on FB on April 1, so I did the math.

Welcome back.

Welcome back to the forum, Jeff, missed you!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Good to see you again, Brother Jeff!

Thanks for the welcome back, everybody! Glory!

Yeah, I think finding a balance is one of the roughest things about coming out of religion, and that's without dealing with being bipolar. I hope you manage to hold on to some peace. Welcome back!

• Like 3

Brother Jeff!!!yellow.gif  Sooooooooooooo good to see you my friend!! woohoo.gif  I'm so glad you're doing fine!! Very good to hear!! Stay for awhile?yellow.gif

• Like 2

Brother Jeff!!!yellow.gif  Sooooooooooooo good to see you my friend!! woohoo.gif  I'm so glad you're doing fine!! Very good to hear!! Stay for awhile?yellow.gif

It's good to be back and see you, my glorious friend Margee!! Yeah, I'll be staying around for a while. Glory! :)

• Like 1

I believe I understand your continuing doubts both ways. I sometimes have a hard time relying on my own

thinking on a matter this important, because I know I've been wrong about other things frequently enough.That's why I keep reading on the subject. But welcome back. bill

Nice to see you back here, Jeff!

Same boat, Jeff. I could never say that I'll be "done" with faith, even though everything in my rational mind rebels against it. Those manic episodes lead to some intense bouts of faithfulness from time to time. My latest thing was expressing to my fiance that we should sell everything, go off grid and live in a van. huh.png lol. It's all part of the ride, man.

Welcome back!

GLORY BRO! :3:

Yeah I also wondered where you had gone... nice to see you back :)

That said, I don't think I know who you are on FB... if you feel inclined to do so, feel free to add this mad German heathen some time - http://www.facebook.com/AremonMoonserpent ;)

Same boat, Jeff. I could never say that I'll be "done" with faith, even though everything in my rational mind rebels against it. Those manic episodes lead to some intense bouts of faithfulness from time to time. My latest thing was expressing to my fiance that we should sell everything, go off grid and live in a van. huh.png lol. It's all part of the ride, man.

Welcome back!

LOL... I've had some crazy ideas too. Thanks for the welcome back!

GLORY BRO! 3.gif

Yeah I also wondered where you had gone... nice to see you back smile.png

That said, I don't think I know who you are on FB... if you feel inclined to do so, feel free to add this mad German heathen some time - http://www.facebook.com/AremonMoonserpent wink.png

I'm Jeff Reid on FB. I sent you a friend request. Great to see you! Glory! :)

Hey Bro Jeff, do you keep track of these relapses?  Do you keep a diary or anything?

Hey Bro Jeff, do you keep track of these relapses?  Do you keep a diary or anything?

Only in my head, but I am working on writing a book about bipolar disorder and religiosity. Good to hear from you, Brother Ro-bear! Glory!

Nice to see you back here, Jeff!

Thanks, Sister Deva! Glory! :)

• Like 1