Goodbye Jesus

Facebook: Why Did So Many Bad Things Happen To Me Today?

Discern

Another Facebook share from my fundamentalist pals...

jesussitting.jpg

Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure
Me: Promise You won't get mad
God: I promise
Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do u mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late
God: Yes
Me: My car took forever to start
God: Okay
Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
God: Huummm
Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

--------

Actually, I have something to add to the conversation before I forward it along!

Me: God, why did you let my baby die?

God: I'm sorry my child, but her death would bring many souls to salvation.

Me: You're not powerful enough to save both them and my baby?

God: ...

Me: You're not omniscient enough to think up a way to save people that doesn't involve the death of a baby or loved one?

God: ...err....it was a trial...yeah that's it, I put you through a trial to make you..umm...a better christian and to build your faith or something.

God: Hello? Are you there?

• Like 3

God is such a troll.

• Like 1

Arrrgggg! The stupidity! It buuurrrrnnnsss!!!!!!

the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (puzzled): Oh. You mean you couldn't just kick his ass out yourself in an instant???

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (apalled) You mean you let him drive?? Why didn't you make HIS car not start???!!!!

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (eyes rolling): Why didn't you keep the sandwich maker from being sick like you did me??

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (disgusted): And why didn't you make the caller's phone go dead??

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me (rolling eyes again): You can't even fix a foot massager? What kind of deity are you?

• Like 1

It's useless garbage like those facebook comments that validate every day of my life since fleeing from that cult! Thanks!

Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God:

Me: Promise You won't get mad

God:

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God:

Me: Well, I woke up late

God:

Me: My car took forever to start

God:

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

God:

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

God:

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God:

Me: Hello???

God:

Me: Anybody?

God:

Me: <sigh>

Me: Thanks. I'm sure it all happened for a reason.

Fixed.

mwc

• Like 3

Facebook share reminds me I have an uncontrollable urge to slow down at traffic wrecks to look for 'Jesus is my co-pilot' or 'Jesus On Board' bumper stickers or those fish emblems. What Christians whine about are mostly unimportant things, such as the whine in the Facebook share. Thank heavens god has a lack-luster plan for all of us instead of plenty of food and basic human needs.

The narcissism of Christianity is just so awful.

Where was God when the 40,000 people in third word countries died today of preventable diseases?

He was protecting a middle class American who did not want the sniffles before a big presentation.

*smacks forehead

• Like 3

God:...meanwhile 5500 children starved to death in africa today 'cause i was so busy dealing with YOUR shit you ungrateful bitch.

Oh, wait...I'm supposed to be omnipotent and omnipresent, aren't I?