Goodbye Jesus

Assumption Proves Assumption

Guest r3alchild

Guest r3alchild

Why do chrisians tell you an assumption, then tell you to assume another assumption based on the original assumption they told you?

Example

The christians assumption: "wouldnt you like to go to heaven after you die?"

The other person (no assumption): "I don't know? There is no proof heaven is real."

The christians assumption: "But just say for agument sake, would you like to go there after you die?"

The other persons assumption: "Well if it is real then yes I would like to go there."

The christians conclusion: "You see! you do believe that there might be life after death, now let me tell you about a man named jesus."

This is the way christians try to intrap people into believing their brand of bullshit. They believe that if they can get you to agree with their assumption by getting you to assume another assumption, then their original assumption was right.

Confused yet?

Morontheists care jack shit for logic; the only thing important to them is obedience. If you or I tell them the sky is green they ignore it, not because it's wrong, but because we're not the right führers. If the same claim is made by one of the accepted führers they will consider it absolute truth. Closely connected to this is that when "arguing" they don't care for content but (if they care at all, that is!) only for form. They will gladly make the same long-debunked claim again if they can find a (to them) clever way to reword it, for them it has just become something entirely new.

They aren't the only ones "thinking" that way, but as this is an anti-morontheism site... :)

• Like 1

I know. Here is a good example from The End of Reason, by Ravi Zacharias:

"The person who moralizes assumes intrinsic worth in himself or herself and transfers intrinsic worth to the life of another, and thus he or she considers that life worthy of

protection....Transcending value must come from a person of transcending worth. But in a world in which matter alone exists, there can be no

intrinsic worth. Let me put it in philosophical

terms:

Objective moral values exist only if God exists.

Objective moral values do exist. Therefore, God exists.

Ravi Zacharias - one of the most annoying Christians around today.  I accidentally had my clock radio tuned to an Xian station so one day I woke up to one of his talks!  Ugh  - psuedo-intellectual bullshit.

Well it aint quite the same thing but it's close...I recently listened to a sermon on Luke chapter 1 where the first several minutes were devoted to how we "know" that the Book of Luke is a reliable historical source...because it says it is.

If teh babble sez it, it MUST be true!!!!

• Super Moderator

Why do chrisians tell you an assumption, then tell you to assume another assumption based on the original assumption they told you?

Because they're asses.

"never assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME".