Goodbye Jesus

Pet Store Owner Proselytizing

Deva

I am into amphibians and  reptiles and this guy has the best selection in town.  I knew from the first day I visited his business he was a Christian.  Hey, the big Bible on the counter was a huge clue.  I didn't care - a person's religion doesn't generally matter in business. But now on the videos he is showing on YouTube there is all this baloney-- The problem starts around the 8:13 so  cut to the chase and just advance video to that point-

You see what I mean.  In a prior video this guy chose to insert a short film from the Creation Science Institute.   A more idiotic and dishonest production could hardly be concocted. Now he's dumbfounded because of all the negative comments. Its because we all think he is "too cool" to be a Christian! And then"some of my employees are not Christian."  Ugh.  Talk about a persecution complex. Who cares what you think about so-called creation? Doesn't this guy have some idea that this kind of thing could lose him some business?

I don't know if I will ever buy anything from this guy again.  Also I don't like the fact that he is selling animals like monkeys and lemurs that are really not pets, but strictly zoo animals.

Oh, and I forgot to mention later in the film he's not done yet - advance video to 13:08 and he's got to give you a whole tortured presentation of evolution - which is really NOT evolution - crack a science book bud.

I can't think of a worse way to promote your business, unless you just want to sell to fundies.

Creationism is one thing that really sours me on Christianity. I know other religions such as Islam have their creationists too, but it is just pure unfiltered bullshit. And it really angers me when fundies try to get it taught in science classes!

I didn't watch the video but this guy should get a clue that religion and business do not mix!

Right Jeff, and I don't want the ignorance shoved in my face - so like he suggests in the video, I just won't click on his videos anymore.

Way to do business...

My mind can't help but conjure this hypothetical conversation...

Him - "Can I help you find something today?"

You - "Yeah, I'm looking for either a pot-bellied pig or a black goat."

Him - "Do you know which one?"

You - "Hold on..."

You - *open a really old book bound in leather and written in gibberish*

You - "No, it looks like either one's entrails will work to summon the forces of Belphegor, Prince of Hatred and Devourer of Souls."

Him - "I can't sell you an animal for sacrifice!"

You - "RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, BITCH!"

And then hit him with the book...

• Like 4

I would still buy from him- and probably talk to him too.  People like that are funny as hell as long as they're not your boss or something.

The pet store owner is free to choose whether he wants to proselytize his particular religion. 

You are free to choose whether you will do business with him.

Isn't choice great?

Oh, and I forgot to mention later in the film he's not done yet - advance video to 13:08 and he's got to give you a whole tortured presentation of evolution - which is really NOT evolution - crack a science book bud.

I can't think of a worse way to promote your business, unless you just want to sell to fundies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzSX37C5J4

Well you are right Rank, I don't think he would be a bad guy just to sit around and talk on other subjects - he probably does know a hell of a lot about reptiles and running a business.

I might even have to buy from him if he has something I can't get anywhere else. I have some beautiful salamanders from the shop.

Its just annoying to hear ignorant creationist BS.  I was just pointing out that people still go around saying this nonsense.

Does he have the right to say it, absolutely!