Goodbye Jesus

Big Bev Strikes Back

Guest r3alchild

Guest r3alchild

Some of you may not know my original big bev thread, so here it is: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/56176-big-bev/?fromsearch=1

So the saga continues......

On another day and another call to big bev, we are talking about non religious matters for a little while. Then stupid me brings up how not believing in god anymore has started to put the spark back into my life. Then the battle begins, I am darth chris and she is bev skywalker.

I do my best to try to prove to her that I am ok without god.

Then I say:

"Bev did you know that richard dawkins once said that the universe works pefectly well without a god"

To which she replies:

"Chris its all nonsense, god is the one whos holding everything together"

And then that was that and the end of the call.

Big bev had just struck back

It is impossible to prove or disprove the position that God (in a strictly deist role) is that which collapses the wave function, i.e., that which holds things together in some sense. That presents no outrageous contradictions with science, but also is not necessary to it, either (although it might be an alternative to the Many Worlds position.)

If big bev makes some statement or assertion that involves an anthropomorphic "God" then you have something to work with.

Assertions that can be made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.  (or something to that effect)

-Hitchens

Guest r3alchild

Well lets say there is something holding the universe togther, thats not in any of our caculated theories of what we know about the universe and lets call this unknown element "THE BOFTX PARTICLE"

What does that have to do with some jewish guy who got nailed to a board 2000 years ago. Big bev can't seem to grasp the reality of this and likes to fit her man/god into any theory that is unkowable and ungraspable to her.

She is a cookie cutter christian

Precisely the point. That was why I phrased it as I did. Your OP didn't include anything from big bev that specifically mentioned the Christian "God". It is much easier to raise doubts about THAT than a vague "spirit" principle.

Guest r3alchild

Precisely the point. That was why I phrased it as I did. Your OP didn't include anything from big bev that specifically mentioned the Christian "God". It is much easier to raise doubts about THAT than a vague "spirit" principle.

A liitle more than some and a little less than others.