Goodbye Jesus

Does God Lie?

Guest r3alchild

Guest r3alchild

Snipped from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2291254/New-drug-developed-using-compound-red-wine-help-humans-live-150.html

"Drugs that could combat ageing and help people to live to 150-years-old may be available within five years, following landmark research."

Yes but what did god tell us about our life span

Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

So my question is, does god lie?

Chris, you continually make the assumption that anthropomorphic attributes can be applied to God and the moment you do so you automatically introduce severe internal contradictions (not to mention the fact that your question assumes the existence of such a "God" in the first place.)

• Like 1

It does appear as though the Bible god is a bit deceptive in the Bible to his people. Just look at what he did with Adam and Eve? He clearly said that eating the forbidden fruit would make them die, which if I was told that eating a fruit would kill me, I would expect the death to come quickly, probably a few minutes to an hour accompanied by extreme agony.

He did not even let Adam and Eve see the fine print that says "If you eat from this tree, it will program you with a sinful nature that you will not ever be able to resist completely in the future, but if you fail to resist the sins, it is still your fault. If you eat from this tree, the sinful nature that will be programmed into you will be genetic and passed onto your children and every future human for as long as the Earth will exist.

"If you eat the forbidden fruit, every animal on the Earth that does not have free will or the ability to comprehend sin will be punished for sin coming into the world, for no reason at all, other than because I wanted humans to be in control of them. It does not matter that humans were not responsible enough to be in control over the animals, they will still be punished if humans eat this fruit. If you eat from this fruit, the women will receive a worse punishment than the men, simply because I used a man's rib to create Eve."

What a bastard. It's a good thing he does not exist. It is also Bible god's fault for making Eve gullible enough to let the talking snake deceive her in the first place. Therefore, Eve was not at fault for being gullible. Bible god and the talking snake would be at fault here, but yet, Eve gets the worst punishment and Bible god gets nothing. Logically I would have expected Adam to receive a worse punishment than Eve, if he was not gullible but chose to disobey his god simply because Eve did, not the other way around. If Adam was equally as gullible as Eve and broke the same rule as Eve because he was also deceived, then I would have expected them to both receive the same punishment, if they were to get one at all. But if this story had been written and made up by me, an even stronger god would have come along and punished the Bible god for being a prick. Hehe...

There may have been other places when the Bible god was deceptive, but at the moment I don't really know about them. Someone else might know more about those other places than I do.

Guest r3alchild

Chris, you continually make the assumption that anthropomorphic attributes can be applied to God and the moment you do so you automatically introduce severe internal contradictions (not to mention the fact that your question assumes the existence of such a "God" in the first place.)

Nope, this is how I deprogram and its working well.

Guest r3alchild

It does appear as though the Bible god is a bit deceptive in the Bible to his people. Just look at what he did with Adam and Eve? He clearly said that eating the forbidden fruit would make them die, which if I was told that eating a fruit would kill me, I would expect the death to come quickly, probably a few minutes to an hour accompanied by extreme agony.

He did not even let Adam and Eve see the fine print that says "If you eat from this tree, it will program you with a sinful nature that you will not ever be able to resist completely in the future, but if you fail to resist the sins, it is still your fault. If you eat from this tree, the sinful nature that will be programmed into you will be genetic and passed onto your children and every future human for as long as the Earth will exist.

"If you eat the forbidden fruit, every animal on the Earth that does not have free will or the ability to comprehend sin will be punished for sin coming into the world, for no reason at all, other than because I wanted humans to be in control of them. It does not matter that humans were not responsible enough to be in control over the animals, they will still be punished if humans eat this fruit. If you eat from this fruit, the women will receive a worse punishment than the men, simply because I used a man's rib to create Eve."

What a bastard. It's a good thing he does not exist. It is also Bible god's fault for making Eve gullible enough to let the talking snake deceive her in the first place. Therefore, Eve was not at fault for being gullible. Bible god and the talking snake would be at fault here, but yet, Eve gets the worst punishment and Bible god gets nothing. Logically I would have expected Adam to receive a worse punishment than Eve, if he was not gullible but chose to disobey his god simply because Eve did, not the other way around. If Adam was equally as gullible as Eve and broke the same rule as Eve because he was also deceived, then I would have expected them to both receive the same punishment, if they were to get one at all. But if this story had been written and made up by me, an even stronger god would have come along and punished the Bible god for being a prick. Hehe...

There may have been other places when the Bible god was deceptive, but at the moment I don't really know about them. Someone else might know more about those other places than I do.

Holy shit dude you fucking blew my mind, I am more out of the bullshit now thanks to you. I never thought of that before, god really never told adam the fine print, in fact he only told him he would die not that he would fall into sin.

I got that real sick feeling in my stomach when you found something out you can't deny.

Snipped from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2291254/New-drug-developed-using-compound-red-wine-help-humans-live-150.html

"Drugs that could combat ageing and help people to live to 150-years-old may be available within five years, following landmark research."

Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Yes, the Jewish gods lie.  They were not conceived as good beings.  They were conceived as powerful beings that must be obeyed and appeased.  A few chapters later the Jewish gods are worried that if humans build a very tall building then humans will be just like the gods.  Looking back from our 21st century tech we know this is false.  The people who created the Jewish gods thought the stars were only a few hundred feet up where the "firmament" separates the gods from earth.

If you want another example of god telling lies then look at the conquest in Joshua.  God tells these people to go on a suicide military campaign and then blames Israel when they can't drive out all the inhabitants.  But god was the one who sent them on this mission.  But god knew they wouldn't succeed.  So how it is the people's fault?  The god promised that he would fight for them and drive out all the inhabitants.  Hey god, a little help here.

• Like 1

Holy shit dude you fucking blew my mind, I am more out of the bullshit now thanks to you. I never thought of that before, god really never told adam the fine print, in fact he only told him he would die not that he would fall into sin.

I got that real sick feeling in my stomach when you found something out you can't deny.

I'm glad I could help, even if it wasn't originally my intention. The whole purpose was to get my thoughts written down so they were not stuck in my head all the time, so helping you was a bonus.

Snipped from:

Eventually when our technology gets there we would probably be able to stop/slow down aging itself. Thus possibly expanding someones life to live for thousands of years.

There are some animals on this planet that are biologically immortal

However if and when such a technology would exist it would probably be limited to a vast minority of people.

And one thing would be for sure. Say goodby to your pension eek.gif

This "god" does not exist so it has no ability to lie.

However the verse you quoted does bring up some questions.  It seems to me you have these two verses:

Genesis

2:7 And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth, breathing into him the breath of life: and man became a living soul.

6:3 And the Lord said, My spirit will not be in man for ever, for he is only flesh; so the days of his life will be a hundred and twenty years.

Taken together this seems to show that people are given so much "life" and it runs out over time.  This is up to 120 years.  Whatever the case may be the "breath" or "spirit" simply leaves a person over, or at, some time and they die because they are mortal.  (this would be seen as not breathing)  As for why people lived longer prior to this verse (and shortly after depending on your view) is debatable.  There's no reason for "god" to just up and decide to live inside an evil body for a maximum of 120 years then not be able to take in any longer and leave.  That's silly but that's pretty much what it's saying.  It used to be able to go much longer but as people became more evil it just couldn't take it anymore.  Oddly enough post-flood, post-cleansing, ages didn't increase again even for a little while.  So evilness apparently wasn't the reason the "spirit" had to start exiting early.

Anyhow, in the garden we're told:

3:22 And the Lord God said, Now the man has become like one of us, having knowledge of good and evil; and now if he puts out his hand and takes of the fruit of the tree of life, he will go on living for ever.

[...]

3:24 So he sent the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden he put winged ones and a flaming sword turning every way to keep the way to the tree of life.

Adam (and Eve) are like "gods" except they're not immortal.  There is a Tree of Life (that we're hearing about for the first time) in the garden and if they eat from it they will be gods (gods usually mean immortals not all-powerful magical things but specifics depends on the time and culture).  So they're expelled from the garden to prevent this from occurring.  This has nothing to do with any sort of magical "sin" taint.  Strangely enough with this information it appears that the "spirit" wasn't the only way we could have "lived."  This Tree of Life was sitting there all along and if we were told about we chose not to become immortal, or we were also ordered not to eat from it, or we weren't told about it just like in the story.  It seems if we were immortal we wouldn't need some "spirit" to keep us going.

No, sin first appears in the next chapter:

4:5 But in Cain and his offering he had no pleasure. And Cain was angry and his face became sad. 4:6 And the Lord said to Cain, Why are you angry? and why is your face sad? 4:7 If you do well, will you not have honour? and if you do wrong, sin is waiting at the door, desiring to have you, but do not let it be your master.

As you can see "sin" is a thing that relates to "do[ing] well" or not.  It is your choice.  You have power to sin or not.  It's not something that controls you in some magical way.  It's like most things in life.  Over time sin becomes some magical thing that sort of "resonates" out from the eating of the fruit twisting, destroying, everything in the universe that nothing and certainly no one can resist.  It becomes a part of our very "essence" as much as our DNA is.  But it's clear that it's just meant be the ability to resist doing what is wrong and doing what is good and right.  Just like skipping desert at dinner if you've had too much "bad" food lately.

mwc

What god?

• Like 1