Goodbye Jesus

The Tooth Fairy Brought Me My Morals.

raoul

If I hear one more argument about the moral law giver, I'm gonna hurl!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3rrh0ydr9E

" The questions don't make sense."  Maybe not to an idiot that wants to twist everything. 

Its funny how the "absolute" moral law changes with circumstances.

What a complicated presentation for a simple thing. Morals are a purely human invention - like the Bible. In any event, there are better moral codes to be found outside of the Bible. 

" The questions don't make sense."  Maybe not to an idiot that wants to twist everything. 

What a complicated presentation for a simple thing. Morals are a purely human invention - like the Bible. In any event, there are better moral codes to be found outside of the Bible. 

That he does - twist things. He's notorious for his bragging about how he alleged 'bested' an opponent. The only problem is that I've never heard or seen any of those discussions he cites. Maybe they're made up in his head? And I like that comment about 'morals are a purely human invention'. I may use it in future 'fireside' chats with 'them'. Thanks!

• Like 1

Ahh, Grasshoppa,

It should be painfully obvious by now that Man is a created being.

Look at the animals, they have no moral code and are incapable of forming one. Each lives only for themselves without care for any other, even of their own species. Even the instinct to protect the young is not universal in the animal kingdom, and certainly not in the world of insects and fish.

We are very different from that. We have morals, and because we are created by "God", those morals can only have come from "God" to set us apart.

Now go hurl! zDuivel7.gif

That he does - twist things. He's notorious for his bragging about how he alleged 'bested' an opponent. The only problem is that I've never heard or seen any of those discussions he cites. Maybe they're made up in his head? And I like that comment about 'morals are a purely human invention'. I may use it in future 'fireside' chats with 'them'. Thanks!

Besting an opponent is often just one's opinion. 

I got my morals from the Noah's Ark story. Drown everyone!

Ahh, Grasshoppa,

It should be painfully obvious by now that Man is a created being.

Look at the animals, they have no moral code and are incapable of forming one. Each lives only for themselves without care for any other, even of their own species. Even the instinct to protect the young is not universal in the animal kingdom, and certainly not in the world of insects and fish.

We are very different from that. We have morals, and because we are created by "God", those morals can only have come from "God" to set us apart.

Now go hurl! zDuivel7.gif

Most primates share almost IDENTICAL traits as humans, especially with Chimpanzees regarding certain moral behavior patterns. You can simply google Sam Harris's book, Letter to a Christian Nation. pp. 21-22 - they address what I've just said and refute your premise totally.

I got my morals from the Noah's Ark story. Drown everyone!

Hey man, if it works, go for it. And a disclaimer - I just said something about 'agnostics' to Einstein over here. It was intended solely for him and not you or other ones who are open minded.

I have said it here, and several other places on the 'Net, that anything that derives it moral justification solely from religion or religious doctrine is probably immoral. That post was made in jest as the obvious argument put forth by fundies and other believers (including the circular logic.) Sorry if you weren't in a mood for humor today.

I have said it here, and several other places on the 'Net, that anything that derives it moral justification solely from religion or religious doctrine is probably immoral. That post was made in jest as the obvious argument put forth by fundies and other believers (including the circular logic.) Sorry if you weren't in a mood for humor today.

Maybe I should apologize a little. I DO have a very healthy sense of humor btw. You didn't put any 'lol' or 'rofl' besides your text so I assumed you were being snide. But it's probably because I was literally crucified over at the Thinking Atheist forum after posting a video last week. It seems they all fancy themselves as movie critics or whatever because they said nothing about the video comments/premises (Scientific methods). All they did was attack the lighting, the other guy whom I used as reference and the last straw was one comment which objected to my collarless shirt I was wearing! She felt I should've been more professional. I was tempted to go out, rent a freaking tuxedo, and do another one over there just to see the reaction. LoL Anyway, if I misunderstood you, I'm sorry. But my comments about primates stand as is okay?

My comments about animals was also in pure jest. I am aware of the  fact that there is little difference, if any, between us and the higher primates, and that the similarities extend well down (and across the branches of) the evolutionary tree. We can also see strong social structures similar to ours in the higher marine mammals (as well as seeing some of the more destructive behavior.)

I had thought the devil smiley was an indication that the post was meant as satire or sarcasm. I'll try to be more clear next time. (Okay, I wanted to see if you would come back and say you had to hurl, too.) :)

I read that botfx and was just thinking that you didn't take it far enougheek.gif

Like Dolphins enjoy raping each other and thus proves that they should all be exterminated before they evolve to crawl onto land and start raping the chimpanzees in a depraved hedanitstic orgy and create super echolocation chimps that can swim. Their lack of a moral compass will make them start to rape humans since chimps are so close to us genetically It will be the natural path of their rampage of death and destruction. So we should empower the Christian moral majority and their pursuit of killing endangered species to protect humanity. GO JESUS FORCE TWELVE GO!!!!jesus.gif

I get my morals from the Hypnotoad. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

• Like 1