Goodbye Jesus

Denying Evolution

roadrunner

I have trouble remembering some of my thoughts as a christian but we were always told how ridiculous evolution was. How absurd that an animal can climb out of water and live. I wonder if the pastor showed this video to the congregation what would the response be..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRD4oyo7IVM&

• Like 3

There's a reason why cretinists always (at least as far as I've seen) depict "Evilushenists™" as stupid/arrogant/evil to the max. It makes it easy for the morontheists to dismiss any thought of maybe checking out the other side's story as irrelevant.

If they ever would take in all the information (presupposing of course that they would ever be willing to do that!) things would look different quite quickly. The führers must therefore keep their sheeple from all contact to The Enemy™.

• Super Moderator

There ya go again, trying to influence those nutty, close-minded creationists with facts.....  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Very cool video. thanks.gif

That's a good video, but there are so many "valid" questions that must be answered to prove evolution is true:  (So I'm not misunderstood, please note the sarcasm :) )

1.  If we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?  Simple logic.

2.  If evolution is true, then why in Genesis did God say that he "...made the wild animals according to their kinds"?  They weren't made according to another kind.  Sheesh! 

3.  If evolution takes millions and millions of years, then the very fact that the earth is only 6,000 years old proves evolution is false.  Scientists think they're so smart.

4.  If evolution is true then we should see new species being developed all the time.  When's the last time you saw a new species develop from another species?  You haven't.  See how wrong you are?

5.  If evolution is true, then why didn't the dinosaurs evolve gills so they could have survived Noah's flood?  Silly people.

6.  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  Evolutionists can't answer that question but for creationists the answer is simple.  The chicken!  That's proof positive of how wrong evolutionists are since they can't answer even such a simple question.

7.  If evolution is true, then why did God go to all the trouble to create human beings?  He could have rested much earlier and just allowed us to "evolve".  Got you on that one for sure!

8.  If evolution is true, then why can't trees walk instead of being planted in the ground so they can't run away from forrest fires? 

9.  If evolution is true, then why don't we see animals that are part one species and part another species?  And don't tell me about the platipus because that one.... well, that one... doesn't count.

10.  If evolution is true, then who were Adam's and Eve's mother and father?  Can't answer that one, can you?

• Like 2

1.  If we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?  Simple logic.

I just came up with an idea to help illustrate the theory of evolution to kids (or creationists) who get stuck on this point.

You've played the game "Telephone" before, right? Well this is a variation of that. You will need a LOT of people for it to work. Dozens if not a hundred or so. Start off with a line of three people or so. The first person whispers the message into the ear of the second, and then the second into the third. At this point the line forks into two or more lines, and the third person has to whisper his/her message to those 2 or more people starting the new branches. Every third person or so in those lines it will fork again, and so on and so on. So depending on how many people you have, you could have a lot of people at the end of the various branches here. Compare and contrast the final messages those people at the end of the various lines heard. I bet there would be some that would be very similar to the original message, and some that would be very different. There might even be one line where the original message was completely preserved, but I doubt it.

The point here is to illustrate how evolution is not a straight line, but more like a tree that branches in multiple directions. This illustrates how we can have animals today that coexist with us that have a common ancestor.

• Like 1

That's a good video, but there are so many "valid" questions that must be answered to prove evolution is true:  (So I'm not misunderstood, please note the sarcasm smile.png )

2.  If evolution is true, then why in Genesis did God say that he "...made the wild animals according to their kinds"?  They weren't made according to another kind.  Sheesh! 

3.  If evolution takes millions and millions of years, then the very fact that the earth is only 6,000 years old proves evolution is false.  Scientists think they're so smart.

4.  If evolution is true then we should see new species being developed all the time.  When's the last time you saw a new species develop from another species?  You haven't.  See how wrong you are?

5.  If evolution is true, then why didn't the dinosaurs evolve gills so they could have survived Noah's flood?  Silly people.

6.  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  Evolutionists can't answer that question but for creationists the answer is simple.  The chicken!  That's proof positive of how wrong evolutionists are since they can't answer even such a simple question.

7.  If evolution is true, then why did God go to all the trouble to create human beings?  He could have rested much earlier and just allowed us to "evolve".  Got you on that one for sure!

8.  If evolution is true, then why can't trees walk instead of being planted in the ground so they can't run away from forrest fires? 

9.  If evolution is true, then why don't we see animals that are part one species and part another species?  And don't tell me about the platipus because that one.... well, that one... doesn't count.

10.  If evolution is true, then who were Adam's and Eve's mother and father?  Can't answer that one, can you?

As well as the above stellar questions (note my sarcasm too) it is clear that God made the Climbing Perch that way simply because it made him smile (watching the poor animals struggling with two flimsy fins to walk to find water containing enough oxygen - most dying on their long search). You don't see Climbing Perch venture further and start climbing trees, swinging from their newly grown furry tails do ya!

On a more serious note. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Anyone who actually wants to analyse the available evidence will come to the conclusion that evolution is the cause of the amazing variety of life on this planet. There is still plenty of room for debate on the particulars of this scientific theory but it is abundantly clear that humans evolved from apes (the ones that lived millions of years ago, not the chimps at the zoo), mammals from reptiles and so on. Most of the above ten questions I would have thrown at evolution when I was a creationist fundie. It is amazing how the mind protects itself from information that would shatter deeply held beliefs. 

Oh, wow... It's not like fish that can live out of water or "breathe" air are a big secret or anything... The Great Snakehead Hysteria, for example. Sheesh, even one of the most popular pet fish (the betta, or siamese fighting fish) can get oxygen from air rather than water. I guess you'd have to be trying very hard not to notice all the evidence all around us all the time. Hmm... now that you mention it, maybe that's why they try so hard to make anything up to distract people, or rampantly make stuff of to keep people from learning anything about the natural world, or thinking for themselves. Keep your eyes always on Heaven, and maybe you'll ignore that

As I was driving today I thought about this very thing. theory of evolution, though not 100% complete, is a work in progress and is a great explanation for the diversity of life and its proven by the scientific method. But the alternative is "SHAZAAM!! HERE WE ARE!"