Goodbye Jesus

The Atheist Experience

notaxtian

For several weeks I've been watching a show on YouTube called "The Atheist Experience". For those that may not know it's a show based in Austin, Texas. I've watched a few episodes and so far I think that it's an interesting program. Has anyone here heard about it?

Big fan of it and catch it every week. I follow Matt Dillahunty on Facebook. Lots of YouTube archives of the show too.

Some of those discussions get pretty heated.

I have been watching it on YouTube for about 7 or 8 months now. :) I think it is very informative, and I just love Matt. :)

When I first discovered the show, I watched the archived videos and watched the episodes live weekly on ustream.tv for a while, but I haven't watched much lately. It's definitely a good show and I agree FreeThyMind, Matt Dillahunty is awesome.

I like the hosts but I wish they got better callers ... I was into it for a while but the conversations got pretty dull with the same points being made over and over. There is one guy though, probably a poe, who calls over and over again and says this hilariously far out stuff. If you've been watching long enough you probably know who I'm talking about.

I was raised adventist during childhood and I'm not sure if adventism has been discussed on their program, but it would be interesting if they decide to do so in the future if they haven't already.

To me it seems that former mainstream christians either don't know about adventism or they do and just avoid discussing it. Is it because of the "sabbath" issue? The so-called "health message"? Or is it something else? They sometimes mention Mormonism and even Jehovah's Witness, but rarely Seventh-Day Adventists. To me it's like adventists just observe other christians debating amongst themselves while telling each other that they're right.

Only the part where they talk to callers, tend to find the long talk talk talk a little boring. :)

I stopped watching them about a year ago when they did a segment on something medical they knew nothing about and showed they are just as extreme in their way of thinking as the people who call in believing in god...

I enjoyed the Non-Prophets podcast way more than the Atheist Experience. It's probably because I enjoy Jeff Dee's rants more than Matt's. If you've never heard the Non-Prophets... seriously, listen to the archives. It's amazing.

I stopped watching them about a year ago when they did a segment on something medical they knew nothing about and showed they are just as extreme in their way of thinking as the people who call in believing in god...

What happened? Did they talk about someone that got sick and someone prayed for them?