Goodbye Jesus

Hey Guys! Pat Robertson Says It's Okay To Cheat On Your Spouse

raoul

Everything I wanna get out (of making these vids), they pull me right back in again (line loosely taken from GodFather III)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHT2asm6xI

• Like 2

I feel a "Pat bangs the secretary" scandal brewing.

• Like 4

Maybe she married her husband because she wanted to have an exclusive relationship.

(By the way this is a beautiful illustration of all the things that are wrong with the Christian approach to forgiveness.  They get it totally wrong and just keep going wrong.)

• Like 1

Ugh, Pat Robertson. repuke.gif Why am i not surprised he'd say something so fucking repugnant and sexist? Xtianity's idea of forgiveness is total bullshit, it's victim blaming in disguise at best. I bet the viewer who wrote in about her cheating husband felt like crap, b/c the shit he was saying was a HUGE slap in the face.  I feel for anyone desperate enough to think of this idiot as someone to turn to for help.

On another note, i have to wonder if the reason Pat wears those neckties is to keep the foreskin from crawling up his chin and smothering him. Wendyloser.gif

• Like 1

I feel a "Pat bangs the secretary" scandal brewing.

Sordid minds think ALIKE.. I was thinking that same thing while watching the entire vid. LOL

Maybe she married her husband because she wanted to have an exclusive relationship.

(By the way this is a beautiful illustration of all the things that are wrong with the Christian approach to forgiveness.  They get it totally wrong and just keep going wrong.)

I know, how selfish for a wife to expect a husband to love only her. And yes, everything is wrong with that cult. I've only been out of it little over a year but the more I read and study, the more I realize how incredibly perverted, dishonest, and downright evil it really is. Those folks who'd opposed it in the very early years of its inception were really smart - they could spot bullshit faster than we do today.

Ugh, Pat Robertson. repuke.gif Why am i not surprised he'd say something so fucking repugnant and sexist? Xtianity's idea of forgiveness is total bullshit, it's victim blaming in disguise at best. I bet the viewer who wrote in about her cheating husband felt like crap, b/c the shit he was saying was a HUGE slap in the face.  I feel for anyone desperate enough to think of this idiot as someone to turn to for help.

On another note, i have to wonder if the reason Pat wears those neckties is to keep the foreskin from crawling up his chin and smothering him. Wendyloser.gif

That foreskin line is a classic! Thanks for giving me back a laugh.

I know, how selfish for a wife to expect a husband to love only her. And yes, everything is wrong with that cult. I've only been out of it little over a year but the more I read and study, the more I realize how incredibly perverted, dishonest, and downright evil it really is. Those folks who'd opposed it in the very early years of its inception were really smart - they could spot bullshit faster than we do today.

Well I'm not saying marriage is for everybody.  But her husband did sign up for an exclusive relationship.  If he broke that deal then he owes her a lot of money.  He made a contract and he needs to pay.  Old Pat brushed right over all that.

Everything I wanna get out (of making these vids), they pull me right back in again (line loosely taken from GodFather III)

Love the video Raoul, especially the Loony Tunes part, i pissed myself laughing.

I don't know how you are going to get out of making these videos, when there are so many of these types of videos going around.

Scott.

I feel like punching him in the facevtffani.gif. Double standard here. If a man has sex with a women he's a stud; if a women has sex with a man she's a slut.Wendybanghead.gif

Material items are not enough; marriage is supposed to be about trust and forming a bond. Where two become one, and isn't marriage in Christianity supposed to be a man and a woman forming a lifetime relationship and they are promising to God that they will be faithful and blah, blah, blah. So much for marriage being sacred, thanks for clearing that up, Pat. I'm preaching to the choir here, so I'll cut off my rant.

Hey I see you used that video I linked, very appropriet here. You don't need to credit me though, that video isn't mine

• Like 1

seeker001, I see I am not the only one who feels violent after watching the video. I may be small, and physically unwell, but he pissed me off so much the adrenaline would turn me into Mike Tyson. What is it with christians blaming the victim?? For years I was told to pray for the pedophile who ruined my childhood. Apparently on top of forgiving him, not pressing charges and letting him carry on with his vile life I was supposed to pray for his soul so he wouldn't be punished for an eternity in hell. Every week I sent of heartfelt prayers for his soul and even imagined him finding Jesus, apologizing and being friends!! IT IS FUCKING SICK what goes on in the church as helpful advice to people who have been screwed over. This is because the perpetrators run the show. 

Keep posting your videos Raoul (time permitting). We need as much off this crazy shit shown for what it is online. The mainstream media generally ignore it but all sane people would be appalled at what is said by ministers of 'god'. 

• Like 3

seeker001, I see I am not the only one who feels violent after watching the video. I may be small, and physically unwell, but he pissed me off so much the adrenaline would turn me into Mike Tyson. What is it with christians blaming the victim?? For years I was told to pray for the pedophile who ruined my childhood. Apparently on top of forgiving him, not pressing charges and letting him carry on with his vile life I was supposed to pray for his soul so he wouldn't be punished for an eternity in hell. Every week I sent of heartfelt prayers for his soul and even imagined him finding Jesus, apologizing and being friends!! IT IS FUCKING SICK what goes on in the church as helpful advice to people who have been screwed over. This is because the perpetrators run the show. 

Keep posting your videos Raoul (time permitting). We need as much off this crazy shit shown for what it is online. The mainstream media generally ignore it but all sane people would be appalled at what is said by ministers of 'god'. 

Victim blaming is classic for xtianity, despicable as it is. I can't think of a bigger slap in the face than to be told to forgive (xtian style) and "pray for" the asswipes who abused you, and then make you feel like garbage for not wanting to do so when they tell you to. No, any kind of forgiveness has to be by your definition, and on your terms. Apparently they didn't get the memo on that one.

I totally agree, it's sickening what goes on behind closed doors in xtianity. It's run by the perpetrators, for the perpetrators, and they throw their victims under the bus. It's a major 180 from the wholesome and shiny image they try to hide behind.

Guest r3alchild

That clip made me feel sick, these christian types are exactly like their new age counter parts.

Christian forgiveness puts trust where trust does not belong.  You see it is essential that the victims trust a con man in order for the con to work.  That is why Christianity uses guilt and shame against those who won't set themselves up to be conned again.

For those who are still struggling with it - real forgiveness has nothing to do with trust.  You can forgive somebody and never trust them again.  Most of the people who have done something to forgive should never be trusted.  I was never able to forgive anybody until I learned to separate trust from forgiveness.  And yes that was over 30 years as an unforgiving Christian.  Christians preach forgiveness but they sabotage the very idea.

I rarely forgive, and never forget. Fuck 'em!

• Like 1

Robertson's response is exactly the kind of lame brained billowing bullshit that I was told by xtians when my marriage was falling apart. My ex was a nasty piece of work to say the least, but all I got from xtians was this "stop focusing on the fact that she lied to you and remember why you fell in love...." yurgh!

Of course, when I finally grew a pair and left her and started divorce proceedings, these same people disowned me for being "disobedient" to "the word of the lawwrd as written in Matthew 19." 

p.s..my ex loves Pat Robinson!!! 

Love the video Raoul, especially the Loony Tunes part, i pissed myself laughing.

I don't know how you are going to get out of making these videos, when there are so many of these types of videos going around.

Scott.

Thanks Riddick and you're right - so many nutjobs, so little time. It's crazy because I'll go on YouTube to download something serious but my eyes wander over to the right of the screen where there's other vids with title posted. Then, I can't help myself, I start glancing at the topics on top of those vids and utter a WTF and the next think I know, the thing just sorta creates itself - like the universe coming ex-nihilo or something. ROFL

I feel like punching him in the facevtffani.gif. Double standard here. If a man has sex with a women he's a stud; if a women has sex with a man she's a slut.Wendybanghead.gif

Material items are not enough; marriage is supposed to be about trust and forming a bond. Where two become one, and isn't marriage in Christianity supposed to be a man and a woman forming a lifetime relationship and they are promising to God that they will be faithful and blah, blah, blah. So much for marriage being sacred, thanks for clearing that up, Pat. I'm preaching to the choir here, so I'll cut off my rant.

Hey I see you used that video I linked, very appropriet here. You don't need to credit me though, that video isn't mine

I know but when someone gives me an idea I don't wanna hog the show so to speak. I'll remove your name in future ones though. And ditto about punching him in the face. In fact, every time I see his insipidly pathetic smile while he's uttering nonsense I wanna scream out SHUT THE F**K UP WILL YA? In fact I recall actually going over to his site and where you can write a quick message to them I wrote exactly that and signed off 'god'.

• Like 1

Robertson's response is exactly the kind of lame brained billowing bullshit that I was told by xtians when my marriage was falling apart. My ex was a nasty piece of work to say the least, but all I got from xtians was this "stop focusing on the fact that she lied to you and remember why you fell in love...." yurgh!

Of course, when I finally grew a pair and left her and started divorce proceedings, these same people disowned me for being "disobedient" to "the word of the lawwrd as written in Matthew 19." 

p.s..my ex loves Pat Robinson!!! 

Sorry about the marriage but it sounds like you're much better off now. I've gone through similar things when I was in their cult - not the marriage thing because that's the ONLY thing that has worked in my life, but other things. While in the cult I would try to turn the other cheek, forgive, and all the other useless crap. Now that I'm out of that I can use my brain to make decisions - sometimes very hard ones - but still doing it based on cold, hard, facts and nothing else. It works!

Thanks much and will continue doing it. I'm trying to do a 2 vids/week thing. In the beginning of week I'm trying to do a serious one with debating or commenting on serious things. At the end of the week I'm planning to do these crazy ones with my making smartass comments to make all of you laugh a bit. The ONLY problem though is that for every serious topic I find, there are probably 20 loony ones. Example - there's this one guy who calls himself Archangel who is obsessed with demonic possession. In one, short vid, he claimed that 'aliens are terrified of the name of Jesus'. I was going to go off on something about proof that atheism is correct because even aliens are atheists and since they come from the outer reaches of the universe they know, without a shadow of a doubt, that atheism is correct. lol

But I gave up because of more interesting stuff to work on.

If I don't reply to each of you it doesn't mean I haven't taken the time to read what was posted. I make every attempt to acknowledge what was said but it's becoming crazier because my YouTube channel is taking off. Many folks, especially our younger citizens, are coming out of the closet. The reason? Probably has to do with something else in addition to the vids I do. you see, for every hour spent putting together a vid, I spend 10-15 hrs. in various debates with the other side over at various YouTube message threads. I'm being nice calling them 'debates' - they're more like mud wrestling and rock throwing but I don't mind because I LOVE that. lol

Anyway, I've found that after engaging with them, someone will write to me privately or even publicly and comment or ask for more info. And in many of the vids I always try to make a reference to you folks and this fantastic site. My life began anew once I stumbled onto this site while beginning to serious question many of my beliefs and seeing how insane they really were.

Thanks!

• Like 2

When I watched the video with Pat Robertson in it, it didn't appear to me as though he thought a man cheating on his wife was okay. It seemed more to me like he was saying that it was in the past and that the betrayed wife should forget about it. It really does not matter though, because I think his advice "Just forgive and forget. If he's usually a nice guy to you, it doesn't matter." is still a bunch of crap. If the cheating husband did it before, he could do it again. It doesn't matter if he is generally a nice guy. He still betrayed his wife and does not deserve her trust and my advice to her is "Divorce the prick." Well, actually I have another idea for some advice for her, but it might not be appropriate because the cheating husband feeling some pain and the use of a dog kennel would be necessary... LOL

Wow. I actually felt kind of sick watching that. Yuck!