Goodbye Jesus

Jewel Wasp Challenge To Christians

trueagnostic

Hmmm, this hat looks like it might have been Christian at one time, let's see how it fits.

Only Man has a soul, so only Man can perceive Good and Evil. Man can only do that because of Eve's disobedience. Before then, we would have seen all of Nature as part of a wondrous plan by "God", with all the parts, even parasites, working together in harmony. But because of Eve, we became aware of not only personal evil, but of Natural Evil as well. It was our loss of innocence that makes us see some parts of "God's" creation as evil when in fact all parts are good in the ultimate design. We simply are not capable of understanding that design in our sinful state.

Evil, other than disobedience to "God", is an illusion created by our own sinful nature that blinds us to the full measure of "God's" goodness. It is only by "God's" grace that we can hope to rid ourselves of that nature through Jesus' act of redemption. Faith in Jesus allows us to pierce the veil created by our sinful nature and once again see the full glory that is displayed in "God's" creation and his plan of salvation for us.

Now excuse me while I go puke.

This was the grandest example of Christian convoluted lolgic yet. I can see someone actually telling me this from the circle of fundamentalists I know.  I have not thought of this haha. Thanks for sharing.

Here's another less intellectually suicidal but closely matched in screwedness response that I received from one respected fundamentalist in my church circles. This is how it goes.

God created the world originally in two modes. The "switched on" mode was the perfect mode in which all nature got along harmoneously (every creature chewed on grass and ate fruit -- for clarity). The other mode was "switched off", but God had predesigned this mode together with parasites and other evil in case the people would disobey -- in order for the plan of salvation to be carried out. It was the disobedience of Eve and Adam that turned the switch on, thus firing up the other mode! God in His great mercy had to predesign the world in two modes out of love and foreknowledge that humanity would fail and would need salvation.

It's hard to argue with people when they invoke supernatural and go into such eleborate, convoluted explanations!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, this hat looks like it might have been Christian at one time, let's see how it fits.

Only Man has a soul, so only Man can perceive Good and Evil. Man can only do that because of Eve's disobedience. Before then, we would have seen all of Nature as part of a wondrous plan by "God", with all the parts, even parasites, working together in harmony. But because of Eve, we became aware of not only personal evil, but of Natural Evil as well. It was our loss of innocence that makes us see some parts of "God's" creation as evil when in fact all parts are good in the ultimate design. We simply are not capable of understanding that design in our sinful state.

Evil, other than disobedience to "God", is an illusion created by our own sinful nature that blinds us to the full measure of "God's" goodness. It is only by "God's" grace that we can hope to rid ourselves of that nature through Jesus' act of redemption. Faith in Jesus allows us to pierce the veil created by our sinful nature and once again see the full glory that is displayed in "God's" creation and his plan of salvation for us.

Now excuse me while I go puke.

We are dealing with a God who was pissed with humanity for developing a moral compass, and it was through killing his son that opened the door to forgiveness. It is through accepting his son as the perfect sacrifice and bathing in the blood of Jesus (or whatever they call it) that guarantees a spot in heaven.

I think there was a reason why he didn't want us to learn the difference between right and wrong.

• Like 1