Goodbye Jesus

What Brings You Joy? (Open Call)

Llwellyn

I really like the feeling I get after sprinting the last 50 Meters of a 5 km race -- feeling the air pump through my lungs, and the blood flow through my veins.  I get a kind of endorphin dump as I sprint through the finish line.

It also brings me joy to be standing on top of a mountain peak that I have climbed.  Thankfully, I live in a location surrounded by mountains that can be climbed 12 months a year.

It brings me joy to hold little babies, even though I've never had one myself -- to have one fall asleep in my arms, or smile when he/she sees me.

It brings me joy to play card games with my friends after hosting them for dinner at my house.

What brings you joy?

I can relate to that feeling. My son and I used to bike, until last year (injury and other things held us back), and we did some really cool trails in 100ºF. Fighting against fatigue and going up the steep hills and finally enjoy the view in a steaming sun... man, what a feeling.

Other things that I love and makes me happy, drawing (currently doing charcoal), playing instruments (having done that in a while though), cooking great food and enjoyment of eating eat, brewing beer, and probably a bunch of other things I just can't remember at the moment. smile.png

Live can be fun. Enjoy the days when you can because the days when you can't sucks.

What brings me joy?

• My friends
  • Good food
  • Good wine
  • Being in the mountains
  • Canoeing in the wilderness
  • JUST BEING ALIVE!

smile.png

learning about all the things that were once off limits. 

enjoying the company of multiple generations of my family. something about the getting together where great grandma says something and everyone listens. kids learn about their parents when they were kids. those moments.

llwellyn's running rush too. particularly the tight feeling in your chest when it's over and you know you got a good work out

• Playing gigs with a community concert band.  30-40 people of various ages from 18-80 converge like a flash mob at a school, seniors' home or bandstand, with mass quantities of musical instruments, and at those rare moments a tune comes together in a synergy of adrenaline, focused attention and musicality.  A couple of times I've gotten teary-eyed when we were doing a particularly challenging piece (e.g. "Egmont" by Beethoven) and everything clicked into place at the climactic moment.
  • Waking up to find that I'm surrounded by warm, snuggly, purring cats.
  • Like 1

Seeing my vegetables sprout in the spring

Seeing new baby chicks and goat kids taking their first bewildered steps after birth

Laughing so hard tears come out of my eyes

Picnics with my husband on warm summer days

Snow! Throwing snowballs and watching my animals chase after them. Hee! 

That's just a few things. There is so much in this world that brings me joy. 

1. Code that executes. :-)

2. Scripts that run.

2. Doing whatever I like all day long.

3. Walking.

4. Electronic music production.

- Trees in the springtime

Sounds sappy but I love this time of year, they're so bright and green and fresh looking and all of nature is going BOING

- When my boything introduces me to fancy artistic films and I pick out silly things about them to laugh at with him

- Getting bladdered with my friends, sure not getting bladdered with my friends is good too but they're also fun people to get bladdered with.

- Repeatedly using words like 'bladdered'

- Painting. HMM, maybe it makes me feel more peaceful than joyful exactly. But peaceful is a happy feeling!

- Naughty business

- Really good ale. And steak, I like feasting on things in general but those are 2 of my favourite things.

- Loud bass noises

- Getting absorbed in a book. Either really informative non-fiction where you can feel your knowledge base expanding or fictional escapism gubbins.

Good BBQ, good Scotch, good cigars, good discussions with friends while enjoying the aforementioned things, and having my dogs around.

• Like 1

Being able to read what I want and ponder without being mentally railroaded by christian 'I shouldn't be thinking/reading that'. Maybe it's just a novelty, but its so liberating right now :)

• Like 1

also-

• candles that smell nice
  • hot baths
  • blue skies
  • friendship
  • silly conversations
  • good coffee/ hot chocolate
  • fresh flowers/plants
  • scrapbooking pictures, magazine articles, patterned papers...making a book of stickings that I like
  • baking
  • waking up naturally on my day off after a great nights sleep to no alarm clock :P

Drinking coffee.

Winning a hard-fought tennis match.

Having sex with a new friend.

Having sex with an old friend.

Helping someone develop a new skill.

Singing in a choir.

Farting around.
  • Like 1

Feeling alive.

Creating something with my hands (usually art stuff).

Good food.

Accomplishing something after hard work that I wasn't previously capable of.

Dark chocolate.

A hot cup of tea.

Watching humans in motion, like dancers or athletes.

Music, listening or playing alone or playing in a group. Each kind of joy there is a little different feel.

The giggle of my kids.   The "smile" of my dog.  The purr of my cat.   The sun on my skin.  The smell of the dirt.  The feeling of a shower after a day outside.  The sense of accomplishment when I do something well in a video game. 

Sex. 

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Here are a few of mine;

- Listening to great music through an excellent sound system/headphones.

- playing my guitars through my amp while singing till my heart is content.

- having good family and friends around me.

- animals, especially cats and dogs.

- the ocean.

- being close to nature.

- increasing my knowledge of the universe in any way, from human history to quantum physics.

- photography.

- intoxication with friends.

- children, I sadly don't have any but my nieces and nephew and pretty much all the children in my life bring me joy. (I'm with the OP re: holding babies :)

Bacon

Bird Watching

Flowers

My Cat

Lots of little things that people around me think is a waste of time.

^This.

Learning all I can, reading novels, writing.

My dog

And yeah, like soneone else said--all nature going BOING this time of year

What brings me joy?

Riding a horse at full gallop across the desert.

My wife telling me 'good morning' and that she loves me.

Watching my iris bloom.

Meeting people for the second time who tell me they remember meeting me years ago, though I cannot recall them.

Watching cardinals play in my cherry trees.

Listening to the snow fall in the woods and smelling the rain.

And, making my own beers, ales, and wines. And I love Glenmorangie Scotch with Madeira wood finish.

What brings me joy?

• Comedy
  • Being able to think for myself
  • Science fiction
  • Writing fiction (I love writing fiction since it allows me to use my creativity and it makes me feel good to bring characters to life, that I invented)