Goodbye Jesus

ExCatholic turned Heathen-minded Deist

Lycorth

^..^

Hello hello hello and welcome aboard! :clap:

Congrats on keeping true to yourself and not letting others dictate your beliefs!

Hope you stick around and post often! :woohoo:

Yeah, I got tired of being a Catholic too. Damn Eucharist gave me cotton mouth. =)~

Welcome Wolfheart.

I love it when revulsion at delusion trumps the need for security. You are not brave, you are not different...you are lucky! God bless that gray matter!

I would, however, take needless offense at the idea of "choosing" what truth is, seems like making a choice in another direction besides christianity is just another direction of mental death. But I doubt you meant it that literally. And I'm a dork.

Have fun!

Welcome Wolfheart!

Seems you've got a decent handle on what and where things'll roll for you.

ExC great place to sit, read, particpate and enjoy.

kL

^..^

Welcome!

RC huh? I bet you have some great stories from that. From the little experience I have with the RC dogma, there are some seriously crazy cerimonies that take place on a weekly basis in a mass. What's the deal with all their special books, water, and smoke anyway??? :grin:

Just kidding. welcome to the group. you've definitely got the right attitude in continuing to read, learn, and THINK for yourself. there's lots of information and lots of people here that can keep you reading, learning, and thinking for a long time to come!

Thanks for sharing, look forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome Wolfheart!

I never get tired of reading people's experiences with religion, especially those who finally get tired of being fed a load of bull and decide they aren't going to take it anymore.

I love Thomas Paine's "Age of Reason". Unfortunately, it's the only Deist book that I've read, but it's a real eye opener.

Welcome Wolfheart, I am also new here.

I could actually use my own mind, and not have to clear it with my spiritual programming ahead of time.

I am really learing to love this. Every day I am surprised to discover a new thought or emotion bubbling up from wherever I've been suppressing it. It truly is freeing me to know myself.

^..^