Goodbye Jesus

Sweet Relief -- Atheists Still Going To Hell !

Llwellyn

A spokesperson assured Catholics last Thursday that atheists are still going to hell.  People who know about the Catholic Church "cannot be saved" if they "refuse to enter her or remain in her," said the Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman.

I'm glad to know that Yahweh is still amongst the various deities who still hate me.  Although, there is going to have to be a god-fight to determine which of them will get a crack at me.

211e9d031c20ba17f299e69873de75f3.jpg

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

That's a relief!

No doubt!  Can you imagine being stuck in heaven with all those christians for ETERNITY!  Now THAT would be hell!

• Like 5

It's good to see the Pope and his Press Secretary have figured out the whole "good cop" - "bad cop" routine.

• Like 2

Cthulhu will kick Yahweh ass!

• Like 1

The Invisible Pink and Glittery Phallus shall smite YHWH and Cthulhu She is an all powerful being that came before the gods. She created the universe in which the gods reside in. She approves of the new pope and has k/o YHWH  WORSHIP the IPGP or PERISH!!!!!!

Well, that's good to know. I was afraid I would end up stuck in Heaven with a bunch of Christians who got there by suppressing the freedom of non-Christians.

I would much rather go to Hell because I heard it was fun down there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kxYHO3M_Y

Good. That reminds me. I heard someone say that being in church was like having a little piece of heaven on earth toward the end of my time in xtianity. I got to thinking about all the crap others at the church have done to me, and what horrible individuals they were, and it didn't sit right with me. Talk about rewarding bad behavior! Since that's what xtianity does, it's all the more reason to be done with it.

Nice try with the scare tactics, catholics. Nice try. "Hell" is nothing but a manmade empty threat anyway.

• Like 1

"People who know about the Catholic Church cannot be saved."

Does that mean the Catholic Church is going to stop spreading the Word? Otherwise, they

will deliberately be sending innocent people to hell simply because they have heard of

the Catholic Church but don't join it? What about us poor protestants? What about every

non-Catholic in the world, billions of

people? How stupid can Rosica be? bill

Personally, all these proclamations are a comfort to me as the Church has contradicted itself frequently on the issue and in the starkest language.

They used to state unequivocally that you had to be a Catholic to be saved-- even being a Christian martyr wasn't enough.  An example:

Council of Florence (1438-1445):

"[This Council] firmly believes, professes and preaches that all those who are

outside the catholic church, not only pagansbut also Jews or heretics and

schismatics, cannot share in eternal life and will go into the everlasting fire

which was prepared for the devil and his angelsunless they are joined to the

catholic church before the end of their lives; that the unity of the ecclesiastical

body is of such importance that only those who abide in it do the church's

sacraments contribute to salvation and do fasts, almsgiving, and other works of

piety and practices of the Christian militia produce eternal rewards; and that

nobody can be saved, no matter how much he has given away in alms and even if

he has shed blood in the name of Christ, unless he has persevered in the bosom

and unity of the catholic church."

But the current Catholic Catechism words it more like you have to know that the Catholic Church is right and still reject it:

"How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body: Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his Body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it." (#846)

Good. That reminds me. I heard someone say that being in church was like having a little piece of heaven on earth toward the end of my time in xtianity. I got to thinking about all the crap others at the church have done to me, and what horrible individuals they were, and it didn't sit right with me. Talk about rewarding bad behavior! Since that's what xtianity does, it's all the more reason to be done with it.

Nice try with the scare tactics, catholics. Nice try. "Hell" is nothing but a manmade empty threat anyway.

A few months ago, we ran into an older man from our church while shopping, and he asked if we were coming back to church. (He was vaguely aware of the treatment I had suffered there.) My husband said, "I will not set foot in that place again. It is not a church -- it's hell on earth." The man nodded and tried to contain himself. Awkward!

Don't feel bad, milesaway... it's obviously a universal problem.

• Like 1

The Invisible Pink and Glittery Phallus shall smite YHWH and Cthulhu She is an all powerful being that came before the gods. She created the universe in which the gods reside in. She approves of the new pope and has k/o YHWH  WORSHIP the IPGP or PERISH!!!!!!

Fool! The Invisible Pink and Glittery Phallus is obviously Male. Sure, he's Fabulous, but he's still a guy.