Goodbye Jesus

They're H O Mo Sexual

JamesG

so I was just checkin in on a christian forum that I look at every once in a while. And came across an interesting thread title homosexual Christians abstaining from sex so as to not live in sin. I was curious so I looked at the thread. What I found probably isn't shocking at all while the OP was happy for these individuals since they "recognized their sin" the overwhelming majority denounced them. saying they cant be Christian and homosexual even if they don't commit the act it is their sinful nature that makes them damned to hell. The only way for them to get to heaven is if they accept jesus into their hearts and become straight?!?!?! Now I know believers can use some serious mental gymnastics to propagate hate. This is just a new low. These Christians are damned if they do and damned if they don't they cant win lol. These guys seriously believed that if they were true Christians and really accepted the holy spirit into their hearts it would transform them in to heterosexuals......

yet another keyboard faceroll lol.

I once had a debate with a Baptist friend about what constitutes a sinner. His argument was: If you commit a murder, you are and will always be a murderer. If you commit Adultery, you are an adulterer. Always. Regardless of forgiven status or not. Based on this, if you committed any of the sins listed, you should not be allowed into heaven per Galatians 5:19-21. Why wouldn't the same premise hold true for someone who is a non practicing Homosexual. If that is the case, what's the point of becoming a Christian? I can't believe that people follow this line of thinking. While it makes sense to some degree, it is really an invalid argument. In the case of the non practicing Homosexual, he or she would be simply lusting, which is really the same thing that most Christians do on a regular basis, and apparently that isn't so bad (snicker). This is just a simple case of people who are homophobic and who don't really have a clue. Another reason I am considering and working towards leaving Christianity.

Hardcore morontheists are in it not for the logic but for being right automatically, due to kissing the right führer's arse. Logic and reason only get in the way since if you use them you might possibly find out that it's not the right führer after all.

• Like 1

I just don't get people who think like this. Really. What do they really think Jesus would do?

so I was just checkin in on a christian forum that I look at every once in a while. And came across an interesting thread title homosexual Christians abstaining from sex so as to not live in sin. I was curious so I looked at the thread. What I found probably isn't shocking at all while the OP was happy for these individuals since they "recognized their sin" the overwhelming majority denounced them. saying they cant be Christian and homosexual even if they don't commit the act it is their sinful nature that makes them damned to hell. The only way for them to get to heaven is if they accept jesus into their hearts and become straight?!?!?! Now I know believers can use some serious mental gymnastics to propagate hate. This is just a new low. These Christians are damned if they do and damned if they don't they cant win lol. These guys seriously believed that if they were true Christians and really accepted the holy spirit into their hearts it would transform them in to heterosexuals......

yet another keyboard faceroll lol.

You have observed xenophobic, holier-than-thou and disingenuous persons who call themselves Christians.  Are you surprised?

I just don't get people who think like this. Really. What do they really think Jesus would do?

Well that's exactly the point. The hardcore morontheist lets her führer do the thinking for her and just sucks in whatever statements and opinions result from it.

It's a nice easy worldview, I'll admit. If it would align well with reality... but then, by its very nature it's bound to be at odds with the real world, sooner or later.

Eh, it's about time these fellow gays and lesbians saw what their fellow practitioners of their deeply held faiths really thought of them. I guess, now that we're seeing GBLTs beuing gradually accepted in countries, there's little point in remaining in homophobic or repressive churches anymore. If you have to have to be a Christian, I would think an Unitarian church or any other GBLT accepting churches would be mentally healthier for you, but in my opinion, it's healthiest to be secular in a very liberal country and to be gay or lesbian or transsexual or bisexual in that secular context.

You could have sex with another man or woman and love them without guilt! You could party on Saturday in a gay/lesbian bar without having to go to church to atone for your perceived "sin"! You could do what you want with your sexual identity without people whispering behind your back! Unfortunately, a lot of countries, even liberal ones (including me and some other gay guys) do have a strain of anxiety or guilt about GBLT behaviours and identities but we do have a duty to change our countries for the better. We just have to find a context and place to set our lives in comfortably.

As I've experienced, anguish about being who you are is really the worst thing that you can endure psychologically. It's really no surprise that we can and  do assimilate ourselves into the majority or the opposite group to subsume our anguish so we won't have to think about the hate and fear we receive from others. It's just a shitty thing all around. When you really think about it, a gay kiss really is just like a straight kiss. Strange how we can make a drama out of that simple matter of loving... to the extent of joining an antithetical religion.

• Like 1