Goodbye Jesus

De-Convert....but Still Scared.

Hunter93

Patience...

Deconversion takes quite a bit of time.

Now that I think about it, I've probably had the anxiety issue for much longer. It just didn't get really bad until last week. Paranoia went up a lot. No doubt about that. Makes me wonder if religion can affect your mental health.

Given my Christianity at the time, I probably just did the obvious thing. You know what I mean.

Hello. I have been lurking in these forums since Sunday or Monday. While I would consider myself a de-convert, my mind is still confused and I have fear.

Hi and welcome smile.png

I was(and am) scared, lost, and confused. I also read two testimonites that angels came and told that Jesus was coming soon. I heard about scientific evidence that Jesus DID rise. Which caused more fear. And more confusion. I plan on posting a thread on this in the Theological section about this and two other things(No, I am not trying to re-convert anyone). All of this is making me think I made a big mistake. I prayed to God several times to please forgive me, lead me on the right path and to restore my fath if I was making a big mistake. I promised I would leave this site if I did. I prayed to Jesus to lead me back to the Father and mentioned the same thing. Maybe I need more patience. Because nothing has happened.

Trust me there is no such scientific evidence. Religious people tend to abuse the words "scientific" and "evidence" (either that or they simply dont know the meaning of the words).

First of all there is no historic evidence that even Jesus even existed. Secondly there are a vast amount of similar story's that predate the Jesus story (for example the story of Horus).

I dont abuse the words "scientific" and "evidence" so instead im going to say:

It is extremely likely and logical to amuse that the bible is a book of fiction inspired by other story's and religions.

And there was one other thing. Two rather. I had two encounter with two different types of bugs on two seperate occasions(obviously, I had more but these two still make me wonder). Both somehow got on me and I shook them off. Now, maybe it's just mere concidience but I didn't see either after I got them off me. I thought that was God trying to tell me something. But maybe it was just mere concidience and I simply didn't just look in the right place. Even as a Christian, I would wonder about that. (I REALLY don't like bugs btw).

Now, I am not an atheist. While I don't know if God is really out there anymore, I still believe in the supernatural and that there is an afterlife. I am not ruiling out the possibily but I just don't know. I'm still scared. Lost. Confused.

My conversion was my decision. Now, fear is what kept me in. And I am still scared. I can't even focus on my upcoming exam because of all this on top of my other issues. It's awful. It really is.

Now im guessing your believe in the bible. And are afraid that god will send you to hell.

Now what if i say, if you dont give me 100€ by tomorrow i will send you to hell?

Will you just believe it and give me 100€ or will you tell me to go scew myself?

- How do you determine if i have the ability do send you to hell?

- How do you determine that im not just trying to scam you out of 100€?

- If 10.000.000 people already game me 100€ and tell you that you should do it to would you?

- Do you have any valid reasons to fear me?

- Wouldn't it be easier to just give me 100€ and not have to fear hell?

- How do you determine that hell even exists? Because i say so? Or because those 10.000.000 people i told believe it?

Heaven and hell, are according the bible in the sky and deep underground. Science has proven that false.

Ooops well we will just say that that shouldn't be taken litteraly

God made adam and eve in his image and we all come from adam and eve. Science has proven that false.

Ooops they discovered evolution, we will just make some stuff up and say that Satan put bones all over the word to trick christians into believing dinosaurs existed.

It took god 7 days to make earth. Science has proven that false.

Ooops... no comment.

God created you and gave you 10 rules to follow, and if you dont follow then he will send you to hell. BUT he loves you Wendytwitch.gif

I wish you all the best Hunter, and dont spend all your time on religion. Go out and have some fun. Doing fun stuff and going out is a good anti depression medicine. 

p.s. religion can/does cause a vast amount of mental disorders. 

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, I've probably had the anxiety issue for much longer. It just didn't get really bad until last week. Paranoia went up a lot. No doubt about that. Makes me wonder if religion can affect your mental health.

Religion can, has, and does affect(ed) mental health, usually negatively.

There is a disorder known as Religious Trauma Syndrome and this describes it quite well: http://journeyfree.org/rts/

• Like 1

Religion can, has, and does affect(ed) mental health, usually negatively.

There is a disorder known as Religious Trauma Syndrome and this describes it quite well: http://journeyfree.org/rts/

Religion and mental health disorders is a chicken and the egg thing at this point. How many of us have been caught in the toilet flush whirlpool of debilitating fear with desire to be "good people" in accordance with God's law? It's really fucked how badly these things feed each other in completely sick and dysfunctional ways. I'm not going to make sweeping generalizations but there *have* been times where I wondered if the only happy Christian is just a completely stupid person.

Hunter, hopefully as you separate the tangle of religion and your mental state, you will be able to address your mental health needs in a much more useful way. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to post a thank you on here to all of you. This site has been very helpful to me and it's nice to be around people who have gone through the process of de-conversion.

I'm so glad you found this place.   kiss.gif

Thanks. I'm glad I found this place too. Who'd have guess there was an forum like this?

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm glad I found this place too. Who'd have guess there was an forum like this?

I was surprised when I found it too. I didn't actually realize how many people had actually deconverted from Christianity until I found the site and began reading posts as a guest.