Goodbye Jesus

Well That Was Fast

JamesG

So I was doing some research and I was trying to sample an opinion from different Christian view points so I have been going to a variety of differing forums to ask some questions along the lines of health care and gun control. Not really trying to deconvert anyone or anything. Most people I found were willing to communicate how they felt on the topics without really getting upset. Then someone had asked me about subjective vs objective morality which I was hesitant to answer he pressed and pressed in which case I gave in so I started a separate topic thread regarding the nature of the discussion. I gave an outline of what you would have to accept and believe for you to maintain the objective position. To which several people responded with their own answers to the subject and then the deniers came calling me a liar and questioned my integrity I didn't get angry and I placated I honestly wouldn't have pressed the issue but when they started calling me a liar I present a case for why I was not lying and why I was justified in my beliefs. Even though I said nothing mean or derogatory to anyone on the thread and was generally passive I guess I caused to many people to start doubting and they didn't want me around lol.  So my posting privilege and threads were locked lol. Cant have someone making a reasonable argument I guess =D. all in all it kinda made me smile even though I didn't want to cause such events to happen reason has a funny way of creeping in when people push you cant say I didn't warn them though zDuivel7.gif

• Like 1

So I was doing some research and I was trying to sample an opinion from different Christian view points so I have been going to a variety of differing forums to ask some questions along the lines of health care and gun control. Not really trying to deconvert anyone or anything. Most people I found were willing to communicate how they felt on the topics without really getting upset. Then someone had asked me about subjective vs objective morality which I was hesitant to answer he pressed and pressed in which case I gave in so I started a separate topic thread regarding the nature of the discussion. I gave an outline of what you would have to accept and believe for you to maintain the objective position. To which several people responded with their own answers to the subject and then the deniers came calling me a liar and questioned my integrity I didn't get angry and I placated I honestly wouldn't have pressed the issue but when they started calling me a liar I present a case for why I was not lying and why I was justified in my beliefs. Even though I said nothing mean or derogatory to anyone on the thread and was generally passive I guess I caused to many people to start doubting and they didn't want me around lol.  So my posting privilege and threads were locked lol. Cant have someone making a reasonable argument I guess =D. all in all it kinda made me smile even though I didn't want to cause such events to happen reason has a funny way of creeping in when people push you cant say I didn't warn them though zDuivel7.gif

That is funny. They didn't show you any hospitality whatsoever when they kicked you out, simply for disagreeing with them. That does not surprise me in the least.

yeah I wasn't even given a chance to apologize to them for the thread that they asked me to bring up /shake head I can understand it though I mean its not exactly like we want to know these thing when we are Christians it can be very threatening to just think about these concepts.

I've had that happen to me on several forums. The most common reason given was that I create an uncomfortable atmosphere...........regardless of the authenticity of the facts given.

It's really quite telling of how easily people form groups and excise what is deemed "different".

Freedom of speech only exists if you agree.

• Like 1

I was told the terms of service for their forum reserves the right to ban anyone that says anything against the bible and god. my response was why even have a section for non-believers and Christians to communicate? If I cant give you my honest opinion why even bother having the conversation in the first place?

• Like 1

I was told the terms of service for their forum reserves the right to ban anyone that says anything against the bible and god. my response was why even have a section for non-believers and Christians to communicate? If I cant give you my honest opinion why even bother having the conversation in the first place?

Because... CONVERT OR GTFO (Lord forgive me for using the F in GT*O...)!

Do you have a link to thread in question? 

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/165507-enoob-question-on-moral-objectivism/

I tried to make it as palatable as I could so as not to offend or de convert I also tried to leave an out and reiterated it was only my opinion and was not claiming facts.

Also bare in mind I am new to these concepts and my writing has never been very good or clear I was asked a question and I gave an answer.

I got to say . . . why would you waste your time there?

Edit:

Now that I'm reading a few of their threads it's actually quite funny. The Shilo guy is a character strait from The Onion. "We are the WORTHY christians!"

Edit again:

Dang, the ones who earn the blue "watchman" title are as screwed up as the Two-Omer-Per-Day diet guy.

Remember that some of these guys/gals get really brave while hiding behind a computer screen. Just imagine what they may be like in real life and in person, and then you can laugh and move on.

I second the idea about private property. The site we are on right here is too -- and I am so glad! I read all the way through the one locked thread here, and I was so happy that such nonsense was outed. (By the way, you guys gave some laugh-out-loud responses there -- what a hoot!) This site is a sanctuary for us, and I like it that way. So, while I am totally on your side about what happened to you there, I do understand why they cringed at you. To each their own, I suppose.

I would like to be able to tell you that if you keep searching, maybe you'll find a site that will welcome your side of the arguments. But we know how the other side thinks and acts, so that is probably not going to happen. Ha ha! But I seriously admire your quest for knowledge, understanding, and debate. You are miles ahead of where some of those guys will ever be.

I post here which is a forum that is not closed to differing opinions.

City Data Post in the general forum and not the xian one as they start reporting your posts if you upset them.

yeah like I said I can understand why but I told them I didn't want to talk about it they asked me lol that is why it frustrated me. Also I wanted kind of a fundies response to a few ideas I had on gun control to see if one could make a compelling argument on compromise. I agree and support their right to ban me it is a private forum after all just frustrating >.< that's why I was not trying to deconvert anyone I was trying to get a fundy opinion so I could modify my argument on gun control and health care issues. But alas it always seems to go there =P hehehe. And yes Shilo is batshit crazy lol truly batshit crazy you should see his insane comments on the homosexual celibacy thread it is a hoot =D