Please Help Me Jesus

Guest r3alchild

Guest r3alchild

So last night I get a phone call from one of my older christian friends, but it was not my friend on the phone but her husband. He informs me that his wife has died of a major stroke, he is still in shock and I am in disconnected mode as to what I am hearing. I stumble through the rest of the conversation and after he tells me when the service is then he ends the phone call. (I can't say I was ever close to the rest of the family)

Soon after the call I notify a few other people about my friend, then the shock hits me like a sledge hammer and all I can do is lay in bed. While I lay in bed waves of panic start crashing in on me and all I can do is type a response to it in google on my phone.

Please help me jesus!

Go ahead type that into google and see for yourself if there was anything I found there that helped me.

In the end I just had to deal with the reality that jesus is not going to smooth everything over and help me cope better.

Because jesus is not real.

I'm sorry that you lost your friend.  You are going to help yourself through this.  It will be hard but you can make it.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

As a newly deconverted christian I still think about death and how to deal with it.

Mark Twain's words makes a lot of sense to me: “I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit.”

My thoughts are with you.

I did actually google Please help me jesus! to see what you got and wow, just wow. After reading some of that I feel a little bit dumber. There is no help to be gained there. 

Real help comes from community, friends and family. Any other help is imaginary.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss.

I skimmed through the hits on that search and saw nothing that didn't look like it was aimed at making people feel more weak and helpless than they already do. Take comfort in what you know works for you.

I'm sorry about your friend, and that it's difficult when you realise there isn't a Jesus to help you. But you do have friends (and if you need them professionals (and if you need us - internet people :P) to stand by you and try and help you cope if you seek them out, you aren't alone in this!

I googled it, weeeiiirrddd, all these 'really powerful prayer to say!!' things like they're peddling magic spells that will force their god to listen. So odd D:

Grieve, talk it out with friends, and when you're ready, move on. All praying to a nonexistent being accomplishes is getting your thoughts organized. It will pass, god or no.

My condolences on your loss.

that's rough sorry to here about that. Death is not an easy thing to deal with but without Jesus it will be easier to cope than those that rely on it. sorry for your loss.

Guest r3alchild

Thankyou all, Since our whole relationship revolved around jesus, I never got to know who she really was on the inside. All I got was god, god, god, god, god, god, god and more god.

Thankyou all, Since our whole relationship revolved around jesus, I never got to know who she really was on the inside. All I got was god, god, god, god, god, god, god and more god.

My condolences to you, sir.

This kind of loss is no easier to accept if you are a Xtian. It's tough, but you'll lived thru it. All we can do is to hold hands (for real or metaphorically) and share the pain. I offer my hand. bill

I am sorry. :'( Jesus sucks.

Another example of how religion poisons everything.

I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 2