Goodbye Jesus

What Is Spirituality?

Overcame Faith

Sometimes I can get a better grasp of an idea if I look at it from several angles. So here are a few non-loaded questions for AM, RR, and whomever else wants to chime in:

What distinguishes 'spirituality' from emotion? Or IOW, is there some reason why you couldn't see spirituality as some subset of emotions?

And on a related note: We all know that animals experience emotions - at least I don't THINK that would be controversial here. I mean, we're animals and all. Do y'all think other animals can experience spirituality?

Somewhat related to the previous question: Do y'all think spirituality is in any way related to or correlated with intelligence? I know lots of dumb christians- but no dumb Buddhists. Or is it more likely that certain KINDS of spirituality would be more correlated with intelligence? And if it happens that intelligence isn't a factor, then might the fish in my aquarium be spiritual?

What distinguishes "spirituality" from emotion? I would not try to define it in those terms. It is like saying "what distinguishes beauty from emotion?  I can't categorize it like that.  If you suggest that spirituality is just emotionalism with nothing of substance behind it - I reject that. It is something permanent, not transient such as a passing emotion. 

Do you think other animals can experience spirituality?  I don't know.  Maybe.  We know very little about the thought process or capacity of animals like dolphins, for example.

Intelligence could be a factor in some places. But there are many Christians smarter than I am.