Goodbye Jesus

United States

odintim

You can't look for a job when you are temping. If you take time off to interview, they fire you. No pay, no rent. It's a catch 22.

I said, I have a job. It's contract, not temp. Until you've had trouble finding a job, please do NOT judge me or anyone else. You are beginning to sound like a cold-hearted fundy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megistias

• Chad3232132

• Amethyst

• No Heaven for Kevin

You are beginning to sound like a cold-hearted fundy.

Take it back.

Until you've had trouble finding a job, please do NOT judge me or anyone else.

Then I'm free and clear to judge you.

Hey, at 44, I've had plenty of time to have trouble finding jobs.

How many janitor or file clerk positions at the local univ have you tried for ?"

Good healthcare and often tuition subsidies !

Screw you. You are now on my iggy list unless and until you apologize. You try growing up with a fundy mother who cuts your self-esteem to shreds, get bullied every single day in school, then your mother gets cancer and dies when you are in high school, then you can't find a job after college, and then your stupid housemate kills himself by setting a fire while you are sleeping and you almost die, and THEN YOU CAN TREAT ME LIKE CRAP. NOT BEFORE.

The best speech I've heard from the floor of Congress in years was made by U.S. Democratic Congressman John Dingell of Michigan. Here is what he said:

'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the House

No bills were passed 'bout which Fox News could grouse;

Tax cuts for the wealthy were passed with great cheer,

So vacations in St. Barts soon would be near;

Katrina kids were nestled all snug in motel beds,

While visions of school and home danced in their heads;

In Iraq our soldiers needed supplies and a plan,

Plus nuclear weapons were being built in Iran;

Gas prices shot up, consumer confidence fell;

Americans feared we were on a fast track to...well...

Wait--- we need a distraction--- something divisive and wily;

A fabrication straight from the mouth of O'Reilly

We can pretend that Christmas is under attack

Hold a vote to save it--- then pat ourselves on the back;

Silent Night, First Noel, Away in the Manger

Wake up Congress, they're in no danger!

This time of year we see Christmas every where we go,

From churches, to homes, to schools, and yes...even Costco;

What we have is an attempt to divide and destroy,

When this is the season to unite us with joy

At Christmas time we're taught to unite,

We don't need a made-up reason to fight

So on O'Reilly, on Hannity, on Coulter, and those right wing blogs;

You should just sit back, relax...have a few egg nogs!

'Tis the holiday season: enjoy it a pinch

With all our real problems, do we honestly need another Grinch?

So to my friends and my colleagues I say with delight,

A merry Christmas to all,

and to Bill O'Reilly...Happy Holidays.

http://www.house.gov/dingell/documents/pre.../12-14-05_2.htm

I would laugh if it weren't so true.

Dang it, you got here before I could edit my reply. Oh well, I'm still editing it.

Screw you. You are now on my iggy list unless and until you apologize. You try growing up with a fundy mother who cuts your self-esteem to shreds, get bullied every single day in school, then your mother gets cancer and dies when you are in high school, then you can't find a job after college, and then your stupid housemate kills himself by setting a fire while you are sleeping and you almost die, and THEN YOU CAN TREAT ME LIKE SHIT. NOT BEFORE.

STUPID FUCKING BULLIES.

I am not bullying you.

My mother is a JW. I got to hear how we're all going to die any day now since I was 15. She still hopes we'll die any day now. I find her odd.

I have absolutely no intention of treating you like "shit", because I like you.

I'm sorry for your losses, but no one owes you cheap healthcare and a job. You have you go get them.

You still have a religious "faith" that the universe owes you something for your hardship - but tragedy doesn't convey some entitlement to you.

You.

Whatever it is about you, you need to take charge. You can spin of into space or connect with someone else and start building again.

That's the way it works.

Guest Odinist

Sorry I need to state my view here. The iraq war WAS justified. That son of a ------- was killing his own goddamn people. How could we let a bastard like that remain in power? Ya'll need to look a little closer. YA'll remember when they found those prisions "toture places" in schools?! This sick son of a bitch was doing that stuff. And then he has to go hide when we come for him. If I would of found him I would of beat the living hell out of him. I plan on going to basic traning this summer, and it's just sad to see how many people do not support this war and what the soliders are doing. Ya know for all ya panzies out there that are complaning just think back. WWI they went without meat and wheat for days. They planted "Victory gardens" to help feed the soliders. Do we do that? Hell no. We're fat lazy son's of bitch's that want to complain instead of help our fellow americans.

President Bush is one of our worst presidents in the history. But I do agree with him on the war. The economy isnt that bad where I live. There's steady jobs and nice wages. Now I'm going to talk about Illegal Aliens. Wow that just burns me. I've suggested to people I know that we set up barbed wire fences with electical shockers and sharp shooters. If these idiots want to sneak into this country and steal our jobs without taking the legal ways in, doesnt deserve it. I purposed we kill them. (Or take over mexico)

Sorry I need to state my view here. The iraq war WAS justified. That son of a ------- was killing his own goddamn people. How could we let a bastard like that remain in power? Ya'll need to look a little closer. YA'll remember when they found those prisions "toture places" in schools?! This sick son of a bitch was doing that stuff. And then he has to go hide when we come for him. If I would of found him I would of beat the living hell out of him. I plan on going to basic traning this summer, and it's just sad to see how many people do not support this war and what the soliders are doing. Ya know for all ya panzies out there that are complaning just think back. WWI they went without meat and wheat for days. They planted "Victory gardens" to help feed the soliders. Do we do that? Hell no. We're fat lazy son's of bitch's that want to complain instead of help our fellow americans.

President Bush is one of our worst presidents in the history. But I do agree with him on the war. The economy isnt that bad where I live. There's steady jobs and nice wages. Now I'm going to talk about Illegal Aliens. Wow that just burns me. I've suggested to people I know that we set up barbed wire fences with electical shockers and sharp shooters. If these idiots want to sneak into this country and steal our jobs without taking the legal ways in, doesnt deserve it. I purposed we kill them. (Or take over mexico)

So please explain WHY IRAQ and not one of the dozens of other nations run by tyrants as bad as or worse than Sadaam.

P.S. We also have rape rooms similar to those Sadaam had in Iraq. Here in the U.S. they are known as prisons and people get raped there every day. Look in your own backyard before condemning others.

You still have a religious "faith" that the universe owes you something for your hardship - but tragedy doesn't convey some entitlement to you.

No, but I'll be damned if I take crap from other people any more. One thing I realized after the fire, I didn't almost die to go through the rest of my life not standing up for myself. So I'm sorry if I pissed you off, but I've been dealing with jerks all week, and I am not in the mood for any more. Yours was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hey Megistias, what the hell are you smoking?

Your posts are not making any sense. I don't think my company owes me anything, jackass. I think $1,100 is a grossly unreasonable amount for the insurance company to be charging my company. So you like being shook down?

I was regular army and reserve also. Plus, I was in Iraq with the 101st Airborne, not to mention Honduras and El Salvador. I held a combat position as a crewchief. I get the feeling you were one of those worthless shits who sat behind a desk and had delusions of grandeur. Why don't you post some of those marine e-mails that you claim that you have, and let us judge for ourselves as your word is obviously worth jack shit.

The iraq war WAS justified...

President Bush is one of our worst presidents in the history.

Now I'm going to talk about Illegal Aliens. Wow that just burns me.

You and I appear to be on the same wavelength.

Saddam had to go. Of all the tyrants, he was just as good as any to target so why complain that there might be others.

Bush's religious beliefs appear to "muddy the waters" when it comes to research, science, and constitutional rights.

Seal the border, deport illegals (like my grandpa), and punish those that knowingly employee illegals.

Hey Megistias, what the hell are you smoking?

I smoke a pipe and cigars ocassionally. Right now I'm sipping a Fosters.

I don't think my company owes me anything, jackass.

Then it's probably a fair trade for your work, jackass.

I think $1,100 is a grossly unreasonable amount for the insurance company to be charging my company. So you like being shook down?

Seems like a lot to me too. Do we have all the data ? Do 95% of you have AIDS ? WTF ? We pay $240 /mo OOP for a family of 6.

I was regular army and reserve also. Plus, I was in Iraq with the 101st Airborne, not to mention Honduras and El Salvador. I held a combat position as a crewchief.

Oh, to where do I mail your cookie ? I was 11B the whole time, but I wouldn't sneer at a clerk typist who served. For all I know, your were a REMF cook who had a profile for ingrown hair and a pass for PT. Beat your 3rd world country ribbons all you want. Puss.

I know, we'll scan our DD214's and post them to see who's a farking hero and decide based on that who's right re: war, healthcare, jobs and statistics.

Idiot.

Megistias,

I am happy that you have a 25-ft. boat, but how can you justify people being squeezed out of proper healthcare? Do you know what seperates people who have "the American" dream from people who are struggling? Luck. I need to get my tonsils taken out. Last year I had strep throat 6 fuckin times. No Health care at work, what's a girl to do? I got my amoxicillin and my opiates. Every time I went back, more antibiotics and vicodin. My tonsils are so big and scarred that I have a hard time swallowing food. These fuckers need to be out, no question about that.

The last time I went in, got more amoxicillin and vicodin. The strep went away, but found myself in the precarious position of not being able to get out of bed without at least 2 painkillers. Since then, I have been on the edge and back with the pills. They fucked my life more than I find reasonable. If I didn't have my 6 pills a day, I was throwing up.

Sure it makes very little sense for me to be rattling about my little dependency, but if I had the proper insurance to get the surgery, I would not be in my fucked up little mess. And if I had insurance, I could have gotten some professional help, instead of spending January through July of this year sleeping or thinking about ending my life. This is how healthcare works for people who don't have cushy benifits. There was a time where people without a college degree could still make a decent living. Buy a house. Go on vacation. Those days are over my friend. Credentialism is becoming a requirement at a time when college tuition is going up at a rate of 10% a year. And what of the people who are not fit for college? They are not dumb, and they don't deserve to thrown into a caste system that does not give a flying fuck if they drop dead working at Wal-mart when they should be retired.

I don't expect that all people can be helped with everything, but don't you find it odd that more people in this country are going without basic necessities?

The best healthcare system in the world, huh? Why the fuck am I being doped up instead of being taken care of?

Do you people really want your healthcare in the hands of the government? How long before their "health guidelines" become mandatory? They will tell us what we can eat, drink etc.

You need to think real hard about this.

Megistias,

I am happy that you have a 25-ft. boat, but how can you justify people being squeezed out of proper healthcare?

How do you justify people not having boats ? Where is having healthcare a right ? "Proper" suggests a standard, please show me the standard.

Do you know what seperates people who have "the American" dream from people who are struggling? Luck.

Fatalist. Think again.

Sometimes it's luck, but I bet as often there's a bit of planning, anticipation, strategy and hard work involved too.

How much is your treatment ?

Is there any job you might take within 600 miles that would give you your desired health benefits ?

Marry someone with benefits and get it done, then divorce. You DO know someone of the opposite sex with benefits ?

The best healthcare system in the world, huh? Why the fuck am I being doped up instead of being taken care of?

We DO have the best healthcare system in the world, AND it's expensive. We have the best fighter aircraft, but no one is going to give you one either.

Again, someone, anyone, please point to the country with healthcare system that, according to you, we should have.

Do you people really want your healthcare in the hands of the government? How long before their "health guidelines" become mandatory? They will tell us what we can eat, drink etc.

Yes, and if you want the government to provide it, then they make the rules as to how it's distributed.

See: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=5717

And what of the people who are not fit for college? They are not dumb, and they don't deserve to thrown into a caste system that does not give a flying fuck if they drop dead working at Wal-mart when they should be retired.

What part of natural selection don't you understand ?

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Tsunamis.

Christ & 1/2!!! That'll be the last time I start a rant thread - Megistias, buddy . . . in theory your answers are true, but when the gov't has denegrated the U.S. to the point where citizens have no choice but to be dependent on so many things, I think you answers are a bit misguided. Unless you're corrupt or come into millions, it's nearly impossible to live the so-called "American Dream" or struggle above the poverty level. Trust me, I'm proof of that, and I never "expected" anything to be handed to me. I worked hard and came by everything I owned by my own 2 hands. The best of jobs offer piss-poor healthcare at best, and if you obtain it on your own, it can be often more than 1,500 every 2 or 3 months. Who in the bloody hell can afford that?

OT

How do you justify people not having boats ? Where is having healthcare a right ? "Proper" suggests a standard, please show me the standard.

Well according to all the other modern democracies in the world that I'm aware of, universal healthcare has been around for a very long time. You do realize we in the U.S. are pretty much the only "1st world" country without atleast basic guaranteed healthcare don't ya?

How much is your treatment ?

Is there any job you might take within 600 miles that would give you your desired health benefits ?

Marry someone with benefits and get it done, then divorce. You DO know someone of the opposite sex with benefits ?

I'll just assume you were kidding and didn't really recommend that someone marry someone for healthcare benefits...

We DO have the best healthcare system in the world, AND it's expensive.

If you phrase it "best healthcare system in the world that money can buy I'll agree. I strongly disagree with you that our system is the best in the world when such a large % of the country have zero chance of having access to the system.

We have the best fighter aircraft, but no one is going to give you one either.

Do you even understand the difference between public and private good??? Fighter aircraft, and our entire military for that matter is a PUBLIC good, meaning everyone enjoys the same benefit of the protection they provide the nation even though they don't actually need a fighter jet in their daily lives. On the other hand, healthcare can be either a public or private good depending on whom you ask. I consider healthcare to be a public good. Afterall, my health may not be much concern to you, but the overall health of the people around you and the health of our society as a whole can definately adversely effect all of us. Some see healthcare as a private business, I on the other hand see it as one of the most critical public goods. If you want to continue having Americans pay the highest average costs of healthcare in the world, while enjoying what ranks among the lowest benefits of any developed nation on earth (i.e. we have a low life expectancy, high infant mortality rates, etc.) then by all means keep supporting the insurance and healthcare industries who will love to gouge you for the rest of your life. Not to mention the K Street lobbyists working for those industries who will fight tooth and nail against and healthcare reform.

How long before what becomes mandatory? You mean useless forms, being told what procedures you can and cannot have, being forced to wait for hours in emergency rooms while you are bleeding to death, being told which drugs you can and cannot have? Oh wait, nevermind... that's the system we ALREADY have. My mistake.

Yes, and if you want the government to provide it, then they make the rules as to how it's distributed.

Slipperly slope scare tactic that has not rung true in other countries with national health care.

Slipperly slope scare tactic that has not rung true in other countries with national health care.

Ironically that statement with distribution is exactly the problem with corporatized healthcare. Almost all plans cover certain things, don't cover certain procedures or drugs, etc. Trying to scare people by having them believe that universal healthcare will bar them from certain rights just won't fly when that is already the reality of the corporate and lobbyist run healthcare system that we have now!

Megistias,

I am happy that you have a 25-ft. boat, but how can you justify people being squeezed out of proper healthcare? Do you know what seperates people who have "the American" dream from people who are struggling? Luck. I need to get my tonsils taken out. Last year I had strep throat 6 fuckin times. No Health care at work, what's a girl to do? I got my amoxicillin and my opiates. Every time I went back, more antibiotics and vicodin. My tonsils are so big and scarred that I have a hard time swallowing food. These fuckers need to be out, no question about that.

The last time I went in, got more amoxicillin and vicodin. The strep went away, but found myself in the precarious position of not being able to get out of bed without at least 2 painkillers. Since then, I have been on the edge and back with the pills. They fucked my life more than I find reasonable. If I didn't have my 6 pills a day, I was throwing up.

Sure it makes very little sense for me to be rattling about my little dependency, but if I had the proper insurance to get the surgery, I would not be in my fucked up little mess. And if I had insurance, I could have gotten some professional help, instead of spending January through July of this year sleeping or thinking about ending my life. This is how healthcare works for people who don't have cushy benifits. There was a time where people without a college degree could still make a decent living. Buy a house. Go on vacation. Those days are over my friend. Credentialism is becoming a requirement at a time when college tuition is going up at a rate of 10% a year. And what of the people who are not fit for college? They are not dumb, and they don't deserve to thrown into a caste system that does not give a flying fuck if they drop dead working at Wal-mart when they should be retired.

I don't expect that all people can be helped with everything, but don't you find it odd that more people in this country are going without basic necessities?

My heart goes out to you Surly. My mom had breat cancer last year. She was able to get it taken care of, but was dropped by her insurer within months after. Now I'm spending most of my spare money so she can get followups and see a doctor every now and then. Unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of going 4+ years to college to get a good job with benefits. That's the world we live in. It drives me crazy when I hear these people on the right bash people who can't get health insurance. They really believe everyone was born with a silver spoon liek they were. I hope you get your situation straightened out soon Surly. Good luck.

Again, someone, anyone, please point to the country with healthcare system that, according to you, we should have.

Megistias,

I didn't see her say anything about people not having boats. She did after all say she was happy about your boat.

Basic needs of Americans should at least be met, do you not agree?

All of us pay taxes up the ass, even those unemployed. Don't forget all the hidden taxes and what not. We as American tax payers are shaken down and screwed by the government and fked over by the Corporates. The only people not willing to see that are either Government lap dogs or Corporates themselves. We can send a billion + of OUR money over seas to help everyone, but someone needs their tonsils out and you give bullshit advice that she should have to marry some SOB with "Proper insurance"? Give me a Break! :vent:

By Your advice Megistias, Seems to me you have no problems with people scamming the system, and in fact you encourage them to scam the system instead of seeing the problem with the broken system. I'm appalled that anyone would encourage someone to be cheaters instead of acknowledging reality and fixing a problem. :loser:

Germany seems to be on the cutting edge of Healthcare, They in fact just did the first ever face transplant.

I believe their are other alternatives then what we have and Socialism healthcare. You aren't even willing to see or acknowledge that many people in this country suffer due to lack of insurance. Most are hard workers, want their kids to go to college which is another thing that's near impossible to afford.

I really think you need to work on your people skills, It's fine to have opposing opinions. Your condescending arrogant attitude wins you no win points in the delivery of your opinion though.

Just remember something here, dumbass. I didn't start this conversation with you, you decided to drag me into you ignorant rants.

I smoke a pipe and cigars ocassionally. Right now I'm sipping a Fosters.

At least if you admited to being drunk, it would justify your arrogance. "Instant asshole just add alcohol"

Then it's probably a fair trade for your work, jackass.

What is that supposed to mean? Please try and be coherent.

Seems like a lot to me too. Do we have all the data ? Do 95% of you have AIDS ? WTF ? We pay $240 /mo OOP for a family of 6.

We are all dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants. So, no, we are just as healthy, if not healthier, than the general puplic. And, yes, I can afford the insurance, but many of my employees can't. I'm not the kind of person that you are, just because I'm OK, I'm not going to say the hell with everybody else.

Oh, to where do I mail your cookie ?

You can shove that cookie up your ass.

I was 11B the whole time

Oh, you weren't even smart enough to be a clerk.

but I wouldn't sneer at a clerk typist who served

I'm not sneering at the clerks, I'm sneering at you. There are many good clerks, but anyone who spent time in the military doing nothing but jerking off and polishing their boots, and then comes out and talks shit about being a hero is a piece of shit. And you sir, are a piece of shit

For all I know

Which, obviously, is very little.

your were a REMF cook who had a profile for ingrown hair and a pass for PT

Why are you sneering at cooks, they have one of the toughest jobs in the military.

Beat your 3rd world country ribbons all you want. Puss.

So why are you sneering at soldiers who have had service in Iraq?

Please try to keep up with the conversation. I'm not beating any ribbons, you dragged me into this. I'm merely backing up my knowledge about what your marines are going through. Since you chose to question the legitimacy of my comments, which you have a right to do, I am telling you that I gained my knowledge through personal experience and I'm not just guessing.

I know, we'll scan our DD214's and post them to see who's a farking hero and decide based on that who's right re: war, healthcare, jobs and statistics.

Ok, you go first. You post your DD214, with your social security number, and personal information on the public internet. That's a GREAT idea, I can't wait to see it. By the way, post your credit card too so we can verify that is is truely your DD214.

You want to question my experience with helicopters, well just fire of any question you like about the UH-1H, I also have some limted experience with the UH-1C and UH-1D models and a little bit with the OH-58 and Bell 212. We can talk about hub balancing, swashplates, sway bars, blade dampners, planetary transmissions, avionics, self sealing fuel cells, radar reflecting paint, and my personal favorite, the TL-13 turboprop engine. We can also discuss operations like NOE flying, autorotations, running landings, sling loading, air assault, and how to approach a hot LZ.

I'm not a hero, but I did do my part for my country. And by no means do I think that my service makes me right about "war, healthcare, jobs and statistic".

Idiot.

Shit stain

I'm not sure what's wrong with the quotes in my post.

Anyhow, I want to know why this chucklehead is berating my service by calling me "hero" in a derogatory fashion, and claiming that I am "beating my ribbons".

So how is my service any different that those marines that he claims to support? When they get back is he going to talk down to them and chide them for "beating their ribbons"?

Christ & 1/2!!! That'll be the last time I start a rant thread - Megistias, buddy . . . in theory your answers are true, but when the gov't has denegrated the U.S. to the point where citizens have no choice but to be dependent on so many things, I think you answers are a bit misguided.

Citizens demanding universal healthcare from the government makes them even more dependant. The answer to most of the problems is being less dependant on the govt. , not more.

Unless you're corrupt or come into millions, it's nearly impossible to live the so-called "American Dream" or struggle above the poverty level.

I am not corrupt and will inherit only debts. Determine where the money is and train for it - may mean college, may mean tech school, may mean low pay apprenticeship, may mean school of hard knocks. May mean military service. Partner up with someone else. Delay having kids. Prepare to move.

I just threw away a bunch of old 1040's I found while moving. It is quite clear that I was living at poverty for a while. 7-11 W2's attached !!,

The best of jobs offer piss-poor healthcare at best, and if you obtain it on your own, it can be often more than 1,500 every 2 or 3 months. Who in the bloody hell can afford that?

OK, where do you work and what do you do ?

If you need a certain kind of health plan, you need to shop for a job with that kind of health plan.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the quotes in my post.

You can't have more than 10 or so. Try using font color tags or bold tags instead.