Goodbye Jesus

Let's All Pray For Those Poor, Persecuted Christians

raoul

They're just butthurt that they're no longer the only game in town the way they were during the middle ages. Cry me a fucking river, xtians.

• Like 2

Xtians in the US have no business calling themselves persecuted! Xtains are actually killed and driven from their homes in Pakistan thanks to the idiotic "blasphemy" laws there. Those Xtains actually have my sympathy. American fundy Xtains are whiny and spoiled and irritating to talk to for the most part.

• Like 2

The  added comments came and went so quickly that I couldn't read them in their entirety, and I can't bear to watch this video past the two minute something mark. I'm sure as Hell not going to watch it again just to see what the counter arguments are.

The  added comments came and went so quickly that I couldn't read them in their entirety, and I can't bear to watch this video past the two minute something mark. I'm sure as Hell not going to watch it again just to see what the counter arguments are.

They weren't 'counter' arguments as much as they were 'punch lines' and outright 'jokes'. Look, do yourself and me a favor - don't watch them okay? In fact, you definitely won't like the one I'm planning on making regarding agnostics being as self absorbed as the alleged 'undecided' voters whom I have an equal contempt for.

That was a very good rant, I suspect that Christianity thrives on persecution especially when one considers that the foundation is heavily guilt based. One has done wrong and therefore needs Jesus in order to find redemption. Any perception of persecution is confirmation that they are right and this is a cursed land full of heavens who have willingly turned away from God. Because God's influence on the world is so obvious and nothing could be because of pure luck and probability.

They are the hope in the world of darkness; they know the way to the light and it is through Christ. Unless you are unfortunate enough to pick the wrong Christian sect, than you are screwed.  

They are the hope in the world of darkness; they know the way to the light and it is through Christ. Unless you are unfortunate enough to pick the wrong Christian sect, than you are screwed.  

If that was really the case then we would not have been on ExC and everybody would have had trust in God therefore defeating the purpose of Christianity.

If that was really the case then we would not have been on ExC and everybody would have had trust in God therefore defeating the purpose of Christianity.

I was stating from their perspective while being snarky.. They all agree Jesus Christ is the way to the light, but if you pick wrong you are apparently screwed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

You cannot be a persecuted minority if you are part of an overwhelming majority in a society.  70% of an overall popluation is an overwhelming majority.  What I find interesting is that I have always thought that Christians played the persectuion card well, I believed that it had historical roots in some kind of truth.  I was taught to believe that Christians had been persecuted heavily in the beginning, especially the the first 300 years or so building to the point Constantine delcared Rome a Christian empire.  But, there is a book by Candida Moss called: The Myth of Christian Persecution - How Early Christians Invented a Story of Martyrdom.  I have not read the book but you can find interviews with the author herself on youtube in which she looks at the early church persecution stories with an emphasis on historical accuracy.

Guest MadameX

I've noticed people can have a vulnerable soft underbelly, a hurt which is nurtured.  Sort of like a tongue repeatedly poking at a sore tooth. Some sort of personal grievance which can easily snowball into a grudge against the world, or sometimes against a particular target. Example: economic hard times bring out the racists or other extremists who take out their misery and disappointment on a convenient scapegoat.

This is playing to people's basest impulses. However, it is very effectively in uniting a group. The group can overlook any differences they may have among them in favor of a shared hurt, a shared gripe, a shared us-against-the-world-that-is-doing-this-to-us feeling. A We Who are So Good Yet Misunderstood.

It enobles the cause. It unites against the foe.

This persecution complex is the thing that really shocked me in it's narcissism and paranoia.

You cannot be a persecuted minority if you are part of an overwhelming majority in a society.  70% of an overall popluation is an overwhelming majority.  What I find interesting is that I have always thought that Christians played the persectuion card well, I believed that it had historical roots in some kind of truth.  I was taught to believe that Christians had been persecuted heavily in the beginning, especially the the first 300 years or so building to the point Constantine delcared Rome a Christian empire.  But, there is a book by Candida Moss called: The Myth of Christian Persecution - How Early Christians Invented a Story of Martyrdom.  I have not read the book but you can find interviews with the author herself on youtube in which she looks at the early church persecution stories with an emphasis on historical accuracy.

Thank you so very much for uploading the Dr. Moss video. Ironically I cited her in a vid I did titled 'Atheist Easter Message' where I cited her findings. I'm gonna download this vid for my library. Much appreciated!

They weren't 'counter' arguments as much as they were 'punch lines' and outright 'jokes'. Look, do yourself and me a favor - don't watch them okay? In fact, you definitely won't like the one I'm planning on making regarding agnostics being as self absorbed as the alleged 'undecided' voters whom I have an equal contempt for.

Damn right, skippy. I won't like your next video if it's made as badly as this one.  

I was commenting on quality, not subject matter.

Damn right, skippy. I won't like your next video if it's made as badly as this one.  

Quality? So now, in addition to being a closeted xtian, you're a movie production expert? Well, I have to thank you because you have JUST confirmed a future project of mine. It will be titled something like 'are agnostics total assholes or is it me?' But since it will be sloppily produced, you don't have to watch it. LOL

Quality? So now, in addition to being a closeted xtian, you're a movie production expert? Well, I have to thank you because you have JUST confirmed a future project of mine. It will be titled something like 'are agnostics total assholes or is it me?' But since it will be sloppily produced, you don't have to watch it. LOL

On some other topic a while back you said that there was a 'shift' in me, and I assume that you said that because of my postings here. You were right. It was because I got tired of having to say that I wasn't good at expressing myself in my writing, and so I set out to change that. I became less dogmatic in the way I expressed myself, and tried to see other people's points of view, and to think more before I typed.  Of course, that doesn't make be perfect, but I like to think that it made my posts here have a little more value.

Can you, (and I invite anyone else reading this) show where I'm a closeted Christian (whatever that is)?  No?  I didn't think so. Because I'm not.  I don't have to be a "movie production expert" to give my opinion of the Youtube video that you put here. If you don't like my opinion, you are of course free to ignore it and move on. 

Please let me point out that you seem to have a derisive attitude towards anyone that does not agree with you 100%, as if you now know that what you believe is 100% truth. You say that you were a Christian for how many years? 25? 35? I wonder if you were derisive of and made fun of people that didn't agree with you then. Did you?  Maybe you only changed teams but you are still using the same emotions or logic as you were then?

Before you make your upcoming video project you say you might title 'are agnostics total assholes or is it me?' let me me give you a bit of real input. It's you. 

Actually, the 'shift' had to do with your evasiveness when I called you out on your erroneous false equivalency related to BOTH sides, atheists and your xtian friends, rely on presup to formulate conclusions. I began this sordid tale by saying I AGREED with the beginning but that we, as opposed to your cult, formulate our conclusions based on empricalism, testing, etc. (I don't recall the exact wording but this is the same). You then premised that BOTH sides can come to the wrong conclusions or something similar. I replied with examples of you being wrong based on my experience trying to debate with your xtian friends. You kept shifting your arguments, IDENTICAL with what xtians do over and over. So, how could we NOT conclude you're in their camp?

And I WELCOME anyone to read your nonsense and judge for themselves. Unlike you, I'm right out in the open regarding my atheist views/philosophy.

About this video I produced - it was done with a new software (Camtasia) I purchased and requires quite alot more work and expertise to use it to its full capacities. The video received numerous positive/favorable ratings especially over in YouTube land where the REAL battles are taking place regarding the xtian cult and its total bs and lies. Funny thing was that one or two people castigated it and they were, naturally, fundies whom I've had some shall we say unpleasant chats with, in various debates? However, your amusing comment about my not liking anyone to disagree with my views - if that were true then my wife and I (married over 45 years) would be at each other's throats quite a few times regarding many different matters. LOL

I welcome any divergent view but when someone is resorting to bs, especially after being cornered, I have very little time to play those games. Now, your turn. I'm SURE you'll want to get the last word in. Egos do that to some people - they're driven by them instead of trying to contain them in a reasonable way.

Actually, the 'shift' had to do with your evasiveness when I called you out on your erroneous false equivalency related to BOTH sides, atheists and your xtian friends, rely on presup to formulate conclusions. I began this sordid tale by saying I AGREED with the beginning but that we, as opposed to your cult, formulate our conclusions based on empricalism, testing, etc. (I don't recall the exact wording but this is the same). You then premised that BOTH sides can come to the wrong conclusions or something similar. I replied with examples of you being wrong based on my experience trying to debate with your xtian friends. You kept shifting your arguments, IDENTICAL with what xtians do over and over. So, how could we NOT conclude you're in their camp?

And I WELCOME anyone to read your nonsense and judge for themselves. Unlike you, I'm right out in the open regarding my atheist views/philosophy.

About this video I produced - it was done with a new software (Camtasia) I purchased and requires quite alot more work and expertise to use it to its full capacities. The video received numerous positive/favorable ratings especially over in YouTube land where the REAL battles are taking place regarding the xtian cult and its total bs and lies. Funny thing was that one or two people castigated it and they were, naturally, fundies whom I've had some shall we say unpleasant chats with, in various debates? However, your amusing comment about my not liking anyone to disagree with my views - if that were true then my wife and I (married over 45 years) would be at each other's throats quite a few times regarding many different matters. LOL

I welcome any divergent view but when someone is resorting to bs, especially after being cornered, I have very little time to play those games. Now, your turn. I'm SURE you'll want to get the last word in. Egos do that to some people - they're driven by them instead of trying to contain them in a reasonable way.

"REAL battles" are taking place on Youtube, huh? That's rich. In fact, that's hilarious.

I see you left yourself an out, because you can say (in fact you did) that I'm only posting this because of my ego. Nice try, but there are threads on here that you never came back to, and I'm thinking of the one about how to deal with Christianity where I posted last asking you to explain what you meant about what you called an  'atheist philosophy'.

BS and cornered, indeed. Project much?

I can't speak for every agnostic on this site, but being one myself, I can't wait to see the video you promised that will explain 'agnostics being as self absorbed as the undecided voters.I have equal contempt for', or as you say you might title it "are agnostics total assholes or is it just me".  When can we look forward to this future project, and will you be brave enough in your belief to post it in it's own thread here, as you do with your others?