Goodbye Jesus

Book Of Revelations.

Hunter93

There seems to be a correlation between Christians and conspiracy theories. When it comes to Revelations, it seems to usually be the ones who believe it was meant for our time. I've noticed that quite a few of them try to "prove" Revelations with said theories.

Your thoughts?

I don't know. I do know that Revelations was damn near excluded from the NT. It's mumbo-jumbo and should have been kept out. bill

My ex-wife was big on the "signs o'the times" stuff. Everything was seen by her as a sign that the Larrrd be a-comin.' So the September 2001 terrorist attacks, the Iraq war, the tsunami in 2004, the financial crisis of 2008, all signs that shit was about to get real... I am so glad I do not have to listen her bullshit any more. 

Revelations is so symbolic and allegorical that any natural event or moment of civil/political unrest can be considered a sign of the end times. I've been about sick to death of "THE END IS NEAR" since the y2k scare.

I find it hard to believe everyone takes it so literal.

It's actually not about the end of the world to begin with. It's a product of it's time and political propaganda. It's actually about kicking the Romans out and the Christians/Jews taking over. There's a lot of symbolism involved, but it uses common language used by the Jews at the time to speak of their oppressors. It was a sort of code used to speak of political dissent without getting thrown to the lions. It also assumes that the Messanic prophecy has already half come to pass. It's a Christian writing, but at the time they still considered themselves a sect of Judaism and that the other Jews would 'come around' once they saw that the prophecy was 'fulfilled'.

It's basically saying that once the Messiah returns, he'll kick the Romans in the balls and create a super awesome kingdom that rules the whole wide world where us Jews will be in charge forever and ever. It's really got nothing to do with the end times to begin with. It's just a political wet dream about overthrowing the establishment and taking over for 'the man'.

tumblr_lrbeciKL2k1qbn9g2o1_500.gif