Goodbye Jesus

The Great Tragedy Of Being Human And How Religion Makes It Even Worse

Burny

Stop reading my posts and telling my parents. This site is supposed to be confidential. You're a jerk and a jack ass whoever you are. Thanks also for hurting my folks. Good Christian actions. NOT.

• Like 6

powerful.. and so true.

sad

Life is tragic and religion only adds to the tragedy. Entire civilizations spend their time in this life devoted to the next life that does not exist.

• Like 2

Very well said and, unfortunately true. But the good news is that evolution gave us

certain coping devices which, for most, makes life tolerable and even fun at times. I

think almost all that we humans do after the absolute necessities of life are obtained are intended to divert our attention from our short life by delusions , illusions, self concealment,through love, hate, politics, work, play, games,education, consumption, reading, movies, videos, internet, religion, clubs,charities, travel, hobbies,marrying and having and taking care of children, drinking, drugs, traveling, and above all, (the real religion of the masses)sports. Sex ,of course, is a necessity, else

it would be at the top of the list.

Actually these strategies work pretty well, except when taken to excess. The best(as part of charity) is direct involvement in helping people less fortunate that yourself. Corny or not, itis the most rewardinfg

Very well said and, unfortunately too true. But the good news is that evolution

gave us certain coping devices which, for most, makes life tolerable and even fun at times. I think almost all that we humans do after the absolute necessities of

life are obtained are intended to divert our attention from our short lives by

delusions , illusions and self concealment through love, hate, politics, work,

play, games, education, consumption, reading, movies, videos, internet,

religion, clubs,charities, travel, hobbies, marrying and having and taking care of children, drinking, drugs, traveling, and above all, (the real religion of the

masses)sports. I'm sure there are many others. Sex ,of course, is a necessity, else it would be at the top of the list.

Actually these strategies work pretty well, except when taken to excess. The best

(as part of charity) is direct involvement in helping people less fortunate that

yourself. Corny or not, it is the most rewarding. Religion is not a charity, it is a self serving organization whose sole purpose is its own perpetuation and

growth. Any help to people it causes is purely gratuitous. bill

Sorry to hear about your folks.  I enjoyed your rant.  You nailed it.