Goodbye Jesus

God Will Not Take Care Of You

RachelSkates

i bought into all the crap bout seeking guds will etc and it ruined my character and retarded my personal growth.I thought to be an atheist must be so scarey but in truth i was never more fearful than as a christian.i recall lapsing and praying one evening only to find myself thinking 'wtf is the point there is not gud'. now everyday nearly i find inner strength fom me that is exciting and invigorating.I always wanted gud in the drivers seat,a silly christian expression but of course in doing that truly no one was in the 'drivers seat' of my life.Now i am although I have a slightly pagan belief that there is some spiritual force as in 'the universe' that ma guide me distally but I certainly don't seek it beyond occasionally using the tarot app on my phone however i make the decisions in my life and its been absolutely great since i assumed control of my decisions and life instead of taking everything to the 'father' who never answered anyway.

You have every right to be angry, anger is a legitimate emotion provided that you do not let it take over your life.

What is done is done and can no longer be done, but what you can do is take note of your situation and what you have for resources. While Christianity may have taken away your material possessions and wealth, but your most important resource is your mind. Your mind is yours and yours alone and reclaiming your mind and cutting off from them was a major step in improving your situation. If you can, try and take some Adult Ed classes or go to a local community college to gain some skill sets to support yourself. There is financial aid available if you decide to go to college, and I see many older people at my school who have come back to work on a degree. Or see what your local high school provides for adult Ed.

All you can do is try to take things one step at a time.  Acknowledge the past, live in the present, and work towards a better future. I know it is easy for me to say, but you can do this. 

to the OP this is good advice.i am 38,39 very soon and have only just completed my first degree.I have a masters program next.i hope its not too late too.Christianity really fucks you over huh?