Goodbye Jesus

Very Random Pet Peeves...add Yours

roadrunner

in no particular order...

1. People that share a Facebook page with their spouse. It's free c'mon.

2. People that lean into turns when they drive. You are not Jeff Gordon and your minivan is slow.

3. When the shower curtain touches me when I'm in the shower.

4. Clueless people at a four way stop sign.

5. Slow people at the self check out.

6. While we are on the subject, I have never seen more than 2 of Wal-Mart's 40 lanes open at a time.

7. People behind me at the drive through that roll their window down while I order and listen to my order.

8. While we are on the subject, I hate when McDonald's dangles my food out of the second window while I'm at the first window paying. I'm not a running back taking a handoff.

9. And I'm a Mormon ads on YouTube.

10. People who you never talk to that want to exchange phone numbers.

• Like 1

Cashiers asking for my id when I'm not the one who is purchasing anything. Kiss Off! Yes I am 34!

• Like 3

Robo phone calls asking me to update my Google listing. Three. Times. Every. Day.

People who pull out in front of me on my motorcycle and then stop in front of me instead of getting out of the way.

1 ply toilet paper in the ladies washrooms.vent.gif  

3 ply toilet paper is like using  flannel rags......glare.gif

I like 2 ply......3.gif tongue.png  

And the toilet paper should always be hung with the last piece hanging against the wall............ woohoo.gif  

I really hate going to the toilet, it's so inconvenient because the moment I'm immersed in anything, the toilet just plain interrupts everything.

Reading needless grammar/spelling nazis' corrections of people on websites like Reddit or any other website, it is irritating because I can understand what the original poster is getting at and the "corrections" just plain detract from potentially reading the additional insights and perspectives that would otherwise appear.

I hate, hate, hate having to up hills on my wheelchair. It is just plain sadistic to put me in an area full of them  by the housing department of my country!

Of all the emotions or physical reactions I hate the most is being tired. It is so debilitating because it just compounds the general feeling of not being able to do much, which does not help with my coping with my disabilities.

Excessive coverage of sports on the TV or in media.

Lack of good gay content on shows or in books that really cry out for them. Fanfiction (not really that kind! :HaHa: Though...) should not be so necessary sometimes.

Hipsters diluting the power of irony and/or having a milquetoast sense of irony.

Some books/video games/etc not following the logical emotional trajectory of the story and ruining in the process what would otherwise be a great masterpiece. Exhibit A: Mass Effect 3.

Rain. The rain renders it harder to handle my wheelchair which has meant that I have crashed in very dangerous places in the past.

Cashiers asking for my id when I'm not the one who is purchasing anything. Kiss Off! Yes I am 34!

Consider it a compliment every time someone asks you for an ID when purchasing anything you need to be either 18 or 21 to purchase. yellow.gif

I have a lot of pet peeves. I get annoyed too easily (which is also a pet peeve because I don't want to get annoyed so easily), but my biggest one is when I see people advertising for a product that I already know is crap (which includes religions if you ask me).

Children who make a lot of noise and scream a lot are extremely irritating and every time I hear them doing this, I hope that they go away or, if possible, I just leave the area.

When I'm sleeping in the middle of the night, sometimes if the cat is outside, she jumps up on the window screen and wakes me up. My first thought is wishing the cat would die and then I don't want to let her in (and usually don't). I've learned that I probably don't have the patience necessary to take care of pets, so when I finally get the money I need to move out of my parents' house and live on my own, there will be no pets.

Narrow-minded people who voice their negative and stupid opinions about people who are different than they are, are a pet peeve of mine. I think they should have the right to say their opinions, just as long as I have the right to tell them how stupid their opinions are.

I hate the sound of silverware repeatedly being tapped against glass plates, bowls, or drinking glasses. It is really irritating if I need to listen to the sound for more than a few seconds and am not able to drown out the sound.

Interruptions when I'm busy with something are also extremely irritating.

People who chew grossly and loudly....mad.gif It makes me want to punch them. I have to leave the room.

• Like 2

People who chew grossly and loudly....mad.gif It makes me want to punch them. I have to leave the room.

Yes, I hate this, too. Weren't people taught to chew with their mouth SHUT for crying out loud?! Ugh, it always disgust me. 

I hate when you get stuck working with a guy at work who comes across as a creep, spends several days looking at you like you just killed a bunch of puppies because he found out he's NOT your favorite person to work with. 

• Like 1

I hate when you get stuck working with a guy at work who comes across as a creep, spends several days looking at you like you just killed a bunch of puppies because he found out he's NOT your favorite person to work with. 

That does sound unpleasant.

1 ply toilet paper in the ladies washrooms.vent.gif  

3 ply toilet paper is like using  flannel rags......glare.gif

I like 2 ply......3.gif tongue.png  

And the toilet paper should always be hung with the last piece hanging against the wall............ woohoo.gif  

First wife liked the roll on one way....current wife likes the roll on the opposite way...I get confused sometimes and it causes discussion. :-)

• Like 1

margee I'm with you. one ply paper should be illegal.

• Like 1

When people don't flush the public toilets, especially if they have diarrhea. And when they leave used tampons in the toilet. There are trash cans for those, for crying out loud! And when they don't wash their hands.

People who leave a mess after I just got done

cleaning and don't clean it up.

When I have an argument with someone, I try to work it out with them, and they insist on staying mad.

Judgmental people.

Snotty preppies.

Toilets that spray you when you flush.

Clocks out of sync. It takes seconds to find atomic clock time, but wife insists on having alarm and car a few minutes ahead so as not to be late. I'm too OCD for that crap.

in no particular order...

4. Clueless people at a four way stop sign.

I agree there! There's a few traffic circles in my county now and it's hilarious. Rural NC folks think they're petrified crop circles!

I don't know why this bothers me because it has absolutely no impact on me at all but it really annoys me when people have so much "stuff" that they have to pay for a storage unit every month to store it all.  I'm not talking about short term solutions.  I'm talking about people paying to store shit that they will probably never use again.  Ugh...

• Like 1

I don't know why this bothers me because it has absolutely no impact on me at all but it really annoys me when people have so much "stuff" that they have to pay for a storage unit every month to store it all.  I'm not talking about short term solutions.  I'm talking about people paying to store shit that they will probably never use again.  Ugh...

Personally, I would never want to have that much stuff anyway. If I can't store all of my belongings on 2 or 3 shelves, it's too much to deal with already.

• Like 1

Personally, I would never want to have that much stuff anyway. If I can't store all of my belongings on 2 or 3 shelves, it's too much to deal with already.

I have a lot more than two or three shelves full of stuff!  I live in a very small house (749 square feet) and it is pretty full.  In the past I have lived in very large houses so I've been downsizing for many years.  I just can't imagine paying a monthly fee to keep things that I don't use.  I guess I've watched too many episodes of "Clean Sweep".   If I don't love it or use it, I lose it.  Plus it seems like the people that I know that pay to store things are usually the ones who cannot afford to waste their money that way.  I don't get it.  Wendyshrug.gif

Customers who get pissed off at me for doing my job asking for ID. Seriously, I have had death threats, people telling me they'll come back after my shift to get me,and pretty much every week I get told to go fuck myself. If the worst thing that happens to you is getting asked for ID, you're doing well.

• Like 1

Tailgaters.

The closer they follow, the more I have to slow down, both for my safety and theirs. If they were in such a hurry, why didn't they leave the house earlier? Then they would be in front of me and wouldn't be having this problem. I'm responsible for their inefficiency now, by not going fast enough, even if I'm going the speed limit or more? 

• Like 1

People that meet friends going through a door and stop IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOORWAY to continue the conversation!

Cats that alert you that they want to go in or out of the house by scratching on glass!

• Like 1

Customers who get pissed off at me for doing my job asking for ID. Seriously, I have had death threats, people telling me they'll come back after my shift to get me,and pretty much every week I get told to go fuck myself. If the worst thing that happens to you is getting asked for ID, you're doing well.

Well... those customers are crazy.  

I'll be more specific. I hate when WAL-MART cashiers ask me for my id  when I am not the purchaser. I used to be a manager for a wal-mart. It is  written in the policy handbook that cashiers can only ask for the id of the person whose money they are taking. They were not doing their job. They suspected us as shady,dishonest characters and went against store policy. That offends me. I posed this question to to one cashier, "If a father wanted to purchase alcohol and he had his young son or daughter with him, would you deny him?" She said no because he wouldn't be giving his children alcohol. 

NO this was not the WORST thing that has ever happened to me. Yes. I am doing well.

Tailgaters.

The closer they follow, the more I have to slow down, both for my safety and theirs. If they were in such a hurry, why didn't they leave the house earlier? Then they would be in front of me and wouldn't be having this problem. I'm responsible for their inefficiency now, by not going fast enough, even if I'm going the speed limit or more? 

I don't like them either, but if you've ever driven in the DC metro area, you pretty much are forced to tailgate for your own safety.  If you don't, cars will suddenly zip in front of you, which is even more dangerous than tailgating.  Driving the beltway is pretty much white-knuckling it. 

Russian walkers.  They can't walk in a straight line.  They zig zag all over the sidewalk making it impossible to pass them and making foot traffic on busy sidewalks a game of chicken.  I'll never get used to it.

In the supermarket it's a nightmare.  They park their shopping carts in the most obtrusive manner possible (sideways in a 45-degree angle) blocking the entire aisle.  They'll stand in front of the section you need reading labels for what seems like forever, etc... IOW, they're always in your way and are completely oblivious to the fact.

Russian walkers.  They can't walk in a straight line.  They zig zag all over the sidewalk making it impossible to pass them and making foot traffic on busy sidewalks a game of chicken.  I'll never get used to it.

In the supermarket it's a nightmare.  They park their shopping carts in the most obtrusive manner possible (sideways in a 45-degree angle) blocking the entire aisle.  They'll stand in front of the section you need reading labels for what seems like forever, etc... IOW, they're always in your way and are completely oblivious to the fact.

That supermarket thing isn't unique to Russians.