Goodbye Jesus

Very Random Pet Peeves...add Yours

roadrunner

I hate customers at work that are older men and try to set you up with one of your fellow co-workers. Especially when said co-worker is already creepy enough, unattractive, lazy, and whiny.  Then said man returns to "apologize" and says he was just trying to help because guys need help. Since my hair had changed colors recently (HIGHLIGHTS wtf?) and I had switched between glasses and contacts for awhile (because I felt like it) I was going through things and sometimes guys need help seeing through the "trash" to get to the "real stuff."  Okay, I would NEVER date the guy even if he was the LAST guy on Earth so STFU and GTFO.  

Damn, next time I see this guy, I am going to be one mean bitch if he brings it up again. You can only hold your tongue for so long. Why's he even sticking his nose in business where it doesn't belong? 

Does this guy also tell you to "Smile!"? 

Count me in on loathing people who stop in the middle of anyplace (doorway, escalator, sidewalk) and bumble around. MOVE, damn you!

• Like 1

I have never seen this driving behavior outside of Florida.  In a heavy rainstorm driving on the interstate, some people put on their emergency flashers.  I think this is probably illegal.  Its a brief rainstorm, not a friggin emergency. The minute the rain starts falling, the flashers go on. These morons think that a flashing light is more visible than a steady light. I think it is much more difficult to see where they are.  Then there are those who don't bother to drive with any lights when you can't hardly see the road markings.

The supermarket behavior of people is something that really ticks me off. Oblivious to their surroundings, people will just park it in the middle of the aisle or start talking to someone, blocking the entire aisle. Although you are literally inches away, you still have to say "excuse me" to get them to move it.

I also hate it when your roommate whines about your cat. I will NEVER understand people that are offended when an animal that is NOT theirs isn't smothering them with love.  And then while her boyfriend is here, "Your cat's in my closet, he hissed at me when I tried to get him out!"  So, I HAVE to go up there and try to get him out and of course, he's already scared and nervous and it's a climb and it's fucking ridiculous that I'm even having to do this. Like, he's going to what? SLEEP in the closet.   Then I get him out. Roomie: "Did you get him out?"  Me: "Yeah. You didn't want him in there?" Roomie in really rude voice, "NO."    I slammed her door shut because I'm tired of telling people stupid common sense shit, like, HEY, You DO NOT WANT THE CAT IN THE YOUR CLOSET?!  

THEN SHUT YOUR FUCKING CLOSET DOOR, RETARD!!!!!!!! 

It's like, I swear, people WANT ME TO BE MEAN. Like, Do I REALLY need to explain this amount of basic common sense to you?????   

Like I really want to post about it on facebook but I don't want to be passive aggressive and am TRYING but damn. SHUT YOUR CLOSET DOOR. 

• Like 2

The sound you make when you fold a piece of paper and then use your fingers to smooth the fold - UGH. 

Girls who are taller than me (I like being tallest!)

I wouldn't want someone else's pet in my closet either silverpenny013Hmmm.gif My housemate is bringing her dog over to our house tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about offending her by saying I don't want it in my room because to me it smells kinda bad and I'm not a dog person sad.png

On that note, I hate when people sit and wait in the front of the parking lot for an open spot just to be 10 ft from the door. You could have parked and walked by then.

Anytime that happens to me I make them wait.  I'll slowly put away the groceries and dally in the car by checking messages or sending texts.

I hate when people call dinner "supper"

In the South, Supper is lunch.

The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned already that irritates me is cyclists who insist on using busy roads.  I know it is the law to "share the road" but they wind up being a danger to themselves because no amount of head gear or pads is going to protect them against a 2000+ pound car.

I wouldn't want someone else's pet in my closet either silverpenny013Hmmm.gif My housemate is bringing her dog over to our house tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about offending her by saying I don't want it in my room because to me it smells kinda bad and I'm not a dog person sad.png

If you don't want a cat in your closet, then CLOSE THE CLOSET DOOR.  Common sense.  Don't just leave it open all day long and then act like you don't care if they're in there only to whine about it when your guy friend shows up. And here's another thing. Don't move INTO a house where you know the person has a cat. Not like it was a secret. Like I'm seriously about to tell her she should start looking for another place. 

If I didn't WANT someone else's pet in my closet, number 1: I'd probably NOT be stupid enough to move into a house with another person who HAS pets and if I did I'd make sure the closet door was shut and not always left open. 

Stupid post-fame censorship of songs and videos (as I've just been "honored" to listen to another example of that). The heyday of those songs have passed, but as it seems someone resurrects them and plays them, only that now the lyrics are censored (last example: Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback girl" where now the oft-repeated line "this shit is bananas" has the "shit" edited out).

What for?! Wendycrazy.gif

(later)

One more: PCs and how window focus changes when you start something new. When I arrive at the office I have to start a large number of applications within a short time, and many of them require authentification via pasword, PIN or whatnot. Funny how whenever I expect something in the background to grab focus (i. e. jump to the foreground and gobble up keyboard input) it stays in the back and vice versa. Every fucking morning I gather a total of probably ten login failures in those applications because right when I enter the password something else grabs focus with its own login window and I hit enter before I notice. Shouldn't it at least sometimes work out right? :vent:

People who barge onto properties without prior consent from the owner, namely, amateur "ghost hunters".  Today, a newly engaged couple waltzed onto my parent's property and started taking their engagement pictures because they wanted a rustic theme to their wedding.  They did not notify my parents before hand nor did they knock at the door to ask permission (if they were scouting and found their home, which is on the historical registry).  Lucky for the couple her one of the mothers that my parent's are laid back about such instances, or else they would be dead by now, but my Mum would have appreciated some forewarning so she could at least clean up bird shit from the most pertinent spots.

• Like 1

Stupid post-fame censorship of songs and videos (as I've just been "honored" to listen to another example of that). The heyday of those songs have passed, but as it seems someone resurrects them and plays them, only that now the lyrics are censored (last example: Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback girl" where now the oft-repeated line "this shit is bananas" has the "shit" edited out).

I agree T. They even censor the originals here. Nickleback's "Rockstar" has the words "drug dealer" bleeped. Seriously.

Should've bleeped the entire song ph34r.png

Boy bands. They go in three categories--pop, emo, and cutesy--but they have certain things in common. The lead singers are all tenors and most of their songs are about their girlfriends. One Direction/Hot Chelle Rae/The Ready Set, to Sleeping With Sirens/All Time Low/Mayday Parade, to Never Shout Never/Catching Your Clouds/SayWeCanFly. Ugh. They're not bad by themselves, but they all copy each other. I need a girl band.

• Like 1

Boy bands. They go in three categories--pop, emo, and cutesy--but they have certain things in common. The lead singers are all tenors and most of their songs are about their girlfriends. One Direction/Hot Chelle Rae/The Ready Set, to Sleeping With Sirens/All Time Low/Mayday Parade, to Never Shout Never/Catching Your Clouds/SayWeCanFly. Ugh. They're not bad by themselves, but they all copy each other. I need a girl band.

I know. Where are the Spice Girls?! LOL!! Or similar bands! Guess we do have The Saturdays, but girl bands just don't get the same audience boy bands do, go figure- LOL! 

Who???

Lilith I'm afraid German pop might not exactly be what you're looking for but... two girl groups who are quite popular over here lately, and don't exactly do cookie cutter pop, might be to your liking. Names are "Icona Pop" and "Laing". YouTube should be helpful I trust :)

I hate customers at work that are older men and try to set you up with one of your fellow co-workers. Especially when said co-worker is already creepy enough, unattractive, lazy, and whiny.  Then said man returns to "apologize" and says he was just trying to help because guys need help. Since my hair had changed colors recently (HIGHLIGHTS wtf?) and I had switched between glasses and contacts for awhile (because I felt like it) I was going through things and sometimes guys need help seeing through the "trash" to get to the "real stuff."  Okay, I would NEVER date the guy even if he was the LAST guy on Earth so STFU and GTFO.  

Damn, next time I see this guy, I am going to be one mean bitch if he brings it up again. You can only hold your tongue for so long. Why's he even sticking his nose in business where it doesn't belong?

Ohhhhh men telling women to SMILE is one of my huge peeves. We are not there for their visual or aesthetic enjoyment, and I do not see a reason I should arrange my facial features in a way that makes them more comfortable. Ever hear a woman telling a man to smile? If you're a woman, try it sometime. The man gets totally confused; no one has ever demanded that he change the arrangement of his mouth. It is especially effective if he has asked you to smile first..."I don't feel like it, how about YOU smile, since it's so important" is a really fun thing to say back...the look on his face is priceless, every time.

• Like 4

Lilith I'm afraid German pop might not exactly be what you're looking for but... two girl groups who are quite popular over here lately, and don't exactly do cookie cutter pop, might be to your liking. Names are "Icona Pop" and "Laing". YouTube should be helpful I trust :)

I just listened to them. Thanks, Thurisaz.

Boy bands. They go in three categories--pop, emo, and cutesy--but they have certain things in common. The lead singers are all tenors and most of their songs are about their girlfriends. One Direction/Hot Chelle Rae/The

Ready Set, to Sleeping With Sirens/All Time Low/Mayday Parade, to Never Shout Never/Catching Your Clouds/SayWeCanFly. Ugh. They're not bad by themselves, but they all copy each other. I need a girl band.

Who???

They're all popular with 14-year-old girls. At least most of them are. Hence the similarities.

Lilith I'm afraid German pop might not exactly be what you're looking for but... two girl groups who are quite popular over here lately, and don't exactly do cookie cutter pop, might be to your liking. Names are "Icona Pop" and "Laing". YouTube should be helpful I trust smile.png

What about the girl groups from the show "popstars": No Angels, Monrose, Queensberry

Not my kind of music and I think they all split up, but you can still find their music on youtube,lilith666.

Boy bands. They go in three categories--pop, emo, and cutesy--but they have certain things in common. The lead singers are all tenors and most of their songs are about their girlfriends. One Direction/Hot Chelle Rae/The

Ready Set, to Sleeping With Sirens/All Time Low/Mayday Parade, to Never Shout Never/Catching Your Clouds/SayWeCanFly. Ugh. They're not bad by themselves, but they all copy each other. I need a girl band.

Who???
They're all popular with 14-year-old girls. At least most of them are. Hence the similarities.

I was expecting you to list names like N'Sync, the Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees, then I remembered how young you are. I've heard of One Direction, but not any of those others.

People who remind me of how old I'm getting

It must be because of my demographic but half the ads I see are for men with low testosterone and broken dicks. I am sick of all of it. If you can’t get it up for your wife or girlfriend try getting a boyfriend….I’m 53 years old and still getting on just fine.

NOT A PET PEEVE…Everyone has driving pet peeves, but I would just love to have some kind of light on the top of my car that would indicate the following….”I AM SO SORRY! I HONESTLY DID NOT SEE YOU AND THIS IS ALL MY FAULT” I think most of us wish we had that at times.  

If you are going into the left lane to pass a slow truck on the right, at least keep your original speed or preferably go a little faster to pass the slow truck. Why slow down to crawl relative to the truck and then speed up again once you pass? I have been stuck behind cars that take forever to pass a truck and then when they get back in the right lane will go like bat out of hell. What’s up with that?

If you are walking down a narrow corridor keep to the right (at least in North America) so others can pass. If you are in a narrow corridor and you are with friends don’t walk slowly three abreast. I work in a huge building with 3200 people and I am amazed at how slowly people can walk and still remain upright.

People who cannot drive around a bend in the road without crossing over the line.

Getting stuck behind someone who feels that you should be traveling 30mph at the end of on an onramp to an Interstate Highway where everyone is going 70mph.

Tailgaters: (1) Tailgaters that suddenly lose their nerve to drive fast when I pull over and leave them at the head of the pack. They seemed more than willing to push me into the position of getting a ticket! (2) If I am driving 10 miles over the limit in the left lane and you come up behind me and tailgate I will pull over to the right when I can! Don’t even think about trying to make me drive even faster so I can pull over sooner. I WILL SLOW DOWN and pull over to the right behind the cars in the right lane if you do.

Because of one douche-bag back in the early 1980s (Remember the Tylenol scare?) I have to deal with tamper proof packaging. UGH! I miss the only days when you did not have deal with that crap.

Ohhhhh men telling women to SMILE is one of my huge peeves. We are not there for their visual or aesthetic enjoyment, and I do not see a reason I should arrange my facial features in a way that makes them more comfortable. Ever hear a woman telling a man to smile? If you're a woman, try it sometime. The man gets totally confused; no one has ever demanded that he change the arrangement of his mouth. It is especially effective if he has asked you to smile first..."I don't feel like it, how about YOU smile, since it's so important" is a really fun thing to say back...the look on his face is priceless, every time.

Windwalker, this is from my post on page 4 of this thread.

=======================================================================================================

"Women who say,'your awfully quiet' or words to that effect esp when we have never even spoken or actually met me before and it is their devastatingly effective convo opener.

Fuckers who say stuff like ,'smile' as a convo opener esp when i am usually fairly content inside myself but don't wear a permanent grin. KILL KILL KILL!"

=======================================================================================================

I got this all the time in my twenties in churches.It still happens in the world on occasion but not so much as back in my christian life.Women,in my experience, use this alot but I share your anger and sense of complete insult in this area.I also share your enjoyment of turning the situation on its head and humiliating them.On three occasions now I have simply walked away from women who has done this in parties to their great embarrassment; bear in mind the person wants you to rearrange the features of your face for their pleasure.However the best one and I would recommend this to anyone who is 'told' that they are too quiet etc is simply to say, "why?because i don't talk to you?" It feels fucking great!

I think it happens to me as a man because i don't fit into their culture expectations of behavior as a man in social settings and gender stereotypes..They see me and like how I look but are annoyed because I am not a total extrovert and Golly -gosh I haven't tried to chat them up and hit on them,so therefore there must be something wrong with me ie i am too quiet (note i am the one with the problem to them) or i don't smile enough.PMSL total wankers!

Men and women who have absolutely NO game use these 'smile' and 'your quiet' lines.

• Like 2

Lilith I'm afraid German pop might not exactly be what you're looking for but... two girl groups who are quite popular over here lately, and don't exactly do cookie cutter pop, might be to your liking. Names are "Icona Pop" and "Laing". YouTube should be helpful I trust smile.png

What about the girl groups from the show "popstars": No Angels, Monrose, Queensberry

Not my kind of music and I think they all split up, but you can still find their music on youtube,lilith666.

Ah yes those occasionally made some good songs too... I didn't want to list them because for my taste they are too mainstream in general (gee what a shock considering how they came to be tongue.png ).

1.  Retail outlets that ask for your phone number, or Email address.

2.  Stores that then sell or give that information to political groups with 'agendas'. Cabela's gave my phone number to the NRA and lots of RW political groups, I don't shop there any longer.

3.  Stores that tell their staff to be conversational with you, asking you how you are doing, what your plans for the weekend are, etc. They never act like they care, they are just told to do this.  

4.  I go to the gym and just want to mellow out- get on a treadmill or bike clear at the end of the row. Almost every time someone comes along and gets on the one right next to me, usually it's some obese guy who sweats and smells.

5.  Neighbors who won't control their dogs. We have two huge ones next door that bark endlessly. Animal control is on our speed dial, they come out and leave a note for them and do nothing otherwise. The people who own them are the worst  neighbors we have ever had, both narcissists. The guy makes a point of playing fetch in the street with them when people are leaving for work and then again when everyone is trying to get home.   

One more that I'll encounter again in about two hours when work starts...

...people who expect me to help them, then don't fucking listen.

If I had a single Euro for every time someone tells me their user ID and computer name on the phone, I repeat it to them to make sure I got it correctly, they say "correct", I try to find ID / computer in database and fail... I clearly ask them "This here is correct?", repeating the data given to me using phonetic alphabet so that confusion of, say, S and F, or P and B, won't happen, they again say "yes it's right", then after several failed attempts I start to guess and find that their data were wrong from the start and they confirmed the wrong data as being correct several times... I'd be so damn fucking rich by now.

Can even happen within the same sentence, within seconds. "User ID is... (some letters and numbers ending with:) Papa, Lima, Tango?" "Yes exactly, Bravo, Lima, Tango."

Wendybanghead.gifWendybanghead.gif:banghead:Wendybanghead.gif:banghead: