Very Random Pet Peeves...add Yours

I got this all the time in my twenties in churches.It still happens in the world on occasion but not so much as back in my christian life.Women,in my experience, use this alot but I share your anger and sense of complete insult in this area.I also share your enjoyment of turning the situation on its head and humiliating them.On three occasions now I have simply walked away from women who has done this in parties to their great embarrassment; bear in mind the person wants you to rearrange the features of your face for their pleasure.However the best one and I would recommend this to anyone who is 'told' that they are too quiet etc is simply to say, "why?because i don't talk to you?" It feels fucking great!

I think it happens to me as a man because i don't fit into their culture expectations of behavior as a man in social settings and gender stereotypes..They see me and like how I look but are annoyed because I am not a total extrovert and Golly -gosh I haven't tried to chat them up and hit on them,so therefore there must be something wrong with me ie i am too quiet (note i am the one with the problem to them) or i don't smile enough.PMSL total wankers!

Men and women who have absolutely NO game use these 'smile' and 'your quiet' lines.

It may not necessarily that they want you to act extroverted but that they think you are cute and want to talk to you by using that pick up line.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ohhhhh men telling women to SMILE is one of my huge peeves. We are not there for their visual or aesthetic enjoyment, and I do not see a reason I should arrange my facial features in a way that makes

I'm a militant B-ist.  If I go into someone's john and the roll is hung the wrong way, I fix it for them because I can't bear their having to live with a mis-hung roll.  You see, I really care about p

Posted Images

I got this all the time in my twenties in churches.It still happens in the world on occasion but not so much as back in my christian life.Women,in my experience, use this alot but I share your anger and sense of complete insult in this area.I also share your enjoyment of turning the situation on its head and humiliating them.On three occasions now I have simply walked away from women who has done this in parties to their great embarrassment; bear in mind the person wants you to rearrange the features of your face for their pleasure.However the best one and I would recommend this to anyone who is 'told' that they are too quiet etc is simply to say, "why?because i don't talk to you?" It feels fucking great!

I think it happens to me as a man because i don't fit into their culture expectations of behavior as a man in social settings and gender stereotypes..They see me and like how I look but are annoyed because I am not a total extrovert and Golly -gosh I haven't tried to chat them up and hit on them,so therefore there must be something wrong with me ie i am too quiet (note i am the one with the problem to them) or i don't smile enough.PMSL total wankers!

Men and women who have absolutely NO game use these 'smile' and 'your quiet' lines.

It may not necessarily that they want you to act extroverted but that they think you are cute and want to talk to you by using that pick up line.

Yes that's probably true but as an opener its awful.Kinda like me going up to a woman and saying,'your a bit of a porker, huh?' and expecting her to respond positively.Bit off topic but IMO the best opening line a woman can make to a guy is to say 'Hi',I always respect that over some 'supposed to be quirky' line if a burd wants to chat.

I agree with cashiers starting conversations with you, at least in a place like Target or whatever. I don't mind a comment or two about my purchase at local stores-I expect them to be more customer friendly-but it's especially weird when I'm ordering food. I don't want to talk to you, I just want to get my burrito and go home so I can get back to my computer.

I also don't like people who comment on my quietness or tell me to smile, or telling me my hair is long, or pointing out obvious things about me as if it makes for a legit discussion. And it seems especially common with church types.

People who take noisy shits. I know you can't always control the sounds your body makes, but sometimes I can't help but think they do it on purpose. While I'm at it, people who don't wash their hands.

When people think they are superior to you for knowing about or liking a certain band, TV show, book, whatever. Or who chide you for not having experienced said thing, as if it's a personal flaw that needs to be corrected. I'll get to it when I have the time/money, but right now there are other things I'm more interested in. And anyone who whines about someone not being a 'true' fan of something because they say so as if they're the Alpha Fan, and that gives them the right to belittle someone for being new to something and thus not having an encyclopedic knowledge about it.

• Like 2

People who take noisy shits. I know you can't always control the sounds your body makes, but sometimes I can't help but think they do it on purpose. While I'm at it, people who don't wash their hands.

What are you doing lurking around people's bathrooms?  You have some really weird fetish.

Or sell you something. This just happened this weekend as I was heading for a bookstore:

Him: Hey, glamorous lady, can I get you to smile?

Me: No, I don't perform on command.

He had a clipboard, so I'm sure he wasn't concerned for my well-being or even my decorative qualities.  

but I would just love to have some kind of light on the top of my car that would indicate the following….”I AM SO SORRY! I HONESTLY DID NOT SEE YOU AND THIS IS ALL MY FAULT” I think most of us wish we had that at times.  

I would absolutely LOVE a "mea culpa" indicator on my car!

1 ply toilet paper in the ladies washrooms.vent.gif  

3 ply toilet paper is like using  flannel rags......glare.gif

I like 2 ply......3.gif tongue.png  

And the toilet paper should always be hung with the last piece hanging against the wall............ woohoo.gif  

Nonsense.  The roll should flow over, like a waterfall.

• Like 1

I hate it when impatient drivers behind me see my safe following distance as an invitation to pass me on the right and pull in front of me.  Hello!  I want to go faster, too, but riding the ass of the guy ahead won't make that happen.  When I see a douchebag about to do that, I close the distance real quick and laugh like hell when they get stuck in the right lane behind even slower traffic.  If you want to go faster than me, I'll fucking pull over as soon as I have a chance, but I'm not going to let you pick off everyone in the left lane one at a time until you clear the traffic.  You can wait your turn like everyone else.

By the way, if you failed to get to the right lane in time for your exit, take the next one.  Driving past everyone lined up to exit then jerking in front of some slow truck is an asshole move.

• Like 2

And the toilet paper should always be hung with the last piece hanging against the wall............ woohoo.gif  

Honestly, I don't understand why it matters. Under or over, you still achieve the same thing. Maybe if I thought it was important how the roll rolls, I would understand.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't understand why it matters. Under or over, you still achieve the same thing. Maybe if I thought it was important how the roll rolls, I would understand.

I'm sorry, but you have to pick a side.  Either you are with us, or you are against us.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but you have to pick a side.  Either you are with us, or you are against us.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Then I am against everyone... wicked.gif

• Like 1

What are you doing lurking around people's bathrooms?  You have some really weird fetish.

I mean in public bathrooms.

toilet-paper-roll-debate.jpg

Men who blow their nose in the shower, what makes you think I want to wash your snot off the shower floor?

Self centred people

People who care more about money than they do about people

Slow drivers

Driving behind a truck

Egotistical males

I was all for B until I had kids.  Now it's definitely A.

• Like 1

Roommates who decide to start scrubbing the dead skin off their feet on the couch your sharing while you're watching a show. I don't want to HEAR that, it's like nails on a chalkboard! And then when I ask for the headphones so I can't hear it, she leaves her volume so loud with speakers I can't hear a THING at all anymore. Is it SO hard to just sit there and watch a show without feeling the need to scrub your feet. If you live alone, so be it. But, in the meantime I pay rent too (AND I'm the one who actually pays utilities) so don't scrub you feet right next to me! Go to your bedroom or bathroom. 

Hell, you don't even HAVE a job, do it while I'm at work!

• Like 1

Pet peeves:

People not rinsing out dishes before putting them in the sink, or letting dishes sit for two or three days--I usually wash them before two days.

People who eat out of the peanut butter with their fingers.

People who drink out of containers in the fridge rather than pour a glass.

People who walk their dogs through my yard and live five or six blocks away.

People who talk on cell phones while driving their cars and running me up on the sidewalk.

People who have to constantly talk about god in their life and relate their god to every natural disaster or terrorist attack that happens--"it's not meant to be" or "it's god's will."

People who work for someone, in the public such as a grocery store, and gripe about their jobs to everyone that comes into their place of business. Well, get another job!

Listening to someone quote Fox fable channel over and over.

Listening to people call marijuana 'poison.' 

My number one pet peeve:

Door bangers of any religion.

• Like 1

2. People that lean into turns when they drive. You are not Jeff Gordon and your minivan is slow.

If there's plenty room and no other drivers are being hampered, then what difference does it make? Straightening out some curves actually saves wear and tear on the tires.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who don't care about the quality of their work. It's one thing to make an occasional mistake, but it's quite another to be constantly creating extra unnecessary work for others just because you don't give a rat's ass about the work you're putting out.

I was all for B until I had kids.  Now it's definitely A.

I'm a militant B-ist.  If I go into someone's john and the roll is hung the wrong way, I fix it for them because I can't bear their having to live with a mis-hung roll.  You see, I really care about people, so I help out when I can.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 3

People who eat out of the peanut butter with their fingers.

Ugh. I've never seen that in day-to-day life. Do they think it's sexy or something?

I prefer option C

bidet1.jpg

• Like 2

That thing is possessed by demons!

On the toilet paper war: It is clearly supposed to be B. A just looks weird.

This entire debate baffles me, I really can't think of anything more inane to argue over than the orientation loo roll should be haha.

• Like 1

Haha. Although I prefer the B option too, there's not really a "right" answer for that one. What does bug me, though, is when it's a commercial toilet paper holder that puts the roll perpendicular to the wall and the edge of the bottom of the holder is made to cut the toilet paper, and some moron puts the roll in with the paper hanging down on the side away from you. With it in this way, when you pull it toward you, it doesn't get pulled against the edge meant to tear the paper and the roll just keeps turning. That is clearly the wrong way to install the roll.