Goodbye Jesus

What I Learned In Sunday School Today...

spherr

When I'm at my church, I usually only attend the church service and completely miss Sunday School. Today however, I had to stay and listen to the emotionally draining Sunday School class.  I personally think this is a lot worse than the actual service, since everyone has input to say whatever Jeezbus told them to say.  The lesson was supposed to be about dealing with a loss and change, but the craziest and stupidest s*** came out of their mouths.

First, somehow the story of holding a grudge came up and someone said on how we should forgive the person and love each other. I'm sorry, but what world do they live in?! I certainly don't get along with every person. However, to expect to love everyone you meet in life is completely unrealistic.

Then we ventured into relying on God for decisions we make. The oldest lady there (she turns 90 in 2 weeks) said that through her whole life, she never turned to Jeezbus for most decisions and ended up fine. Then the what I will call "the self-righteous couple" said she needs to turn to God right away and never make decisions without asking the holy God. She then gives an example of how she then prayed to God and magically her keys appeared! (I had to roll my eyes at that one).  No offense to that couple, but I would listen to the 90 year old women over them.  She's has way more life experience than they do, plus she doesn't take crap from anyone.

I'm staying away from that class as much as possible. I took a long nap after that because I was mentally drained from all that BS.

Any knowledge as to why the 90 year old woman was there? She sounds a bit too sharp for the crowd!

• Like 1

^I'm guessing was probably a visitor, sitting in on the Sunday school class out of curiosity. The OP didn't say whether or not she was a member. You're right, she doesn't sound like she's anywhere near as gullible, weak willed and ignorant as those others.

I agree, OP. I'd stay as far away from that shit as possible. I've sat in on a Sunday school class at the first church i started visiting almost 4 years ago, and somehow i've managed to block out enough of it to where i don't remember what we talked about. All i remember is being stunned at how dimwitted the others in the class all came off. It was my first time, and my last time with Sunday school.

• Like 1