Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Was A Pimp?

gseeker

The more I think about it the more im convinced that if jesus actually existed that he was a pimp and Mary was his top bitch. Think about it, most biblical athoroties believe that Mary Mag was a hooker. With the way woman were treated in the hebrew society that was about the only job title available for them during that time period. She is recorded as feeding jesus and anointing his feet with oil, where do you think that money came from?

What do you think, am i barking up the wrong tree?

The more I think about it the more im convinced that if jesus actually existed that he was a pimp and Mary was his top bitch. Think about it, most biblical athoroties believe that Mary Mag was a hooker. With the way woman were treated in the hebrew society that was about the only job title available for them during that time period. She is recorded as feeding jesus and anointing his feet with oil, where do you think that money came from?

What do you think, am i barking up the wrong tree?

Jesus hated sex and lust too much to be a pimp. 

Luke 8:1-3: Afterward [Jesus] journeyed from one town and village to another, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their resources

Notice though, these prostitutes, his camp followers provided for him. We pretty much know that during that time period and the culture that there was pretty much only one kind of job that these woman would have been allowed to do to even provide for jesus.

• Like 2

Luke 8:1-3: Afterward [Jesus] journeyed from one town and village to another, preaching and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their resources

Notice though, these prostitutes, his camp followers provided for him. We pretty much know that during that time period and the culture that there was pretty much only one kind of job that these woman would have been allowed to do to even provide for jesus.

Hmm, the guy must be more complex than I previously thought. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif I guess I should expect just about anything from a cult leader who curses fig trees and seems to have a fetish for fire.

Jesus himself never even spoke against sex just adultery. Even when he spoke against lust the one time in the new testament the word for lust in greek actually means unlawful desire and that leads me to think that again he was speaking against adultery.

• Like 1

Jesus himself never even spoke against sex just adultery. Even when he spoke against lust the one time in the new testament the word for lust in greek actually means unlawful desire and that leads me to think that again he was speaking against adultery.

So lust actually means desiring women that are already married, not single ones? If I had known that, it would have made things SO MUCH EASIER when I was still a Christian.

• Like 1

I also found this on a site that looks at adultery in the hebrew culture.

As far as I am aware, there is no biblical law forbidding a man to have relationships with prostitutes, and I believe that it was common practice in those times. There were Jewish prostitutes ,as there have always been, and prostitution, though not looked upon as an honorable profession, was nevertheless not a crime. Even today, in Israel, prostitution is not a crime.

If anything Jesus was promoting his hookers by telling men not to have sex with married women. What does the leave for the hebrew man? He could have sex with his wife or with prostitutes legally.

So lust actually means desiring women that are already married, not single ones? If I had known that, it would have made things SO MUCH EASIER when I was still a Christian.

Heh, right? Notice the christian faith always argue that you use context when arguing against the christian faith but yet they avoid using historical context.

I forgot this paragraph.

When you examine laws pertaining to sexual relationships, you have to examine them under Biblical law, and then under Rabbinic law, as the two are not the same. You will discover the inherent inequity in the laws, as things which hold for men do not hold for women. For example, according to biblical law, a man was permitted many wives, and also concubines (which one could equate with either mistresses or concubines). The only way a man could be an adulterer, under biblical law, was if he had relationships with a MARRIED women (i.e. another man's property). Relations with any unmarried women did not constitute adultery for a man. On the other hand, a married women was an adulteress if she had relations with any man not her husband. However, it seems that an adulterous woman was punished, and her husband was then forced to divorce her. An adulterous man, however, could remain married to his wife with impunity.

• Like 1

Okay at first I thought you were just joking around but now I'm impressed.  Nice detective work there.

Hah, at first i was kind of joking but the deeper i look into it the more evidence i find! Im shocked right now. There is more proof in the gospels that jesus was a pimp than there are that jesus is god.

• Like 1

i disagree that jesus is a pimp ,,,,

how many times can you present "he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" or something,,,,

try a few more times, theres bound to be somebody start stoning the girls,,,,,

how many times can you present "he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" or something,,,,

Consider, in Rabbi law the accepted law of the time prostitution was a common facet of life for both the jews and the romans. The profession was frowned upon but was not considered a sin during that time period. Also keep in mind that the story of the adulterous woman was added to the gospel much much later on.

Huh, I'd always assumed that the women who followed him around had family money. How else would they be wealthy enough to travel? Maybe they were widows. Or some of them were the disciples' moms. So I'd always looked at it as upper class women having a hobby. Never occured to me that they were making income as they traveled, instead of just spending money that they already had.

Huh, I'd always assumed that the women who followed him around had family money. How else would they be wealthy enough to travel? Maybe they were widows. Or some of them were the disciples' moms. So I'd always looked at it as upper class women having a hobby. Never occured to me that they were making income as they traveled, instead of just spending money that they already had.

I believe the Dr. Bart Ehrman mentions several times in Misqouting Jesus the the early Christians were poor and mainly illiterate. Even the deciples were fishermen and farmers.

You have to remember, the rich and edjucated didnt really follow jesus because he advocated them giving up thier wealth.

It is common knowledge that Jesus hung out with prostitutes... but to actually purport he was the pimp seems a little preposterous.   I think back in this time that women were a little more independent in their profession, but I could be wrong.

I believe the Dr. Bart Ehrman mentions several times in Misqouting Jesus the the early Christians were poor and mainly illiterate. Even the deciples were fishermen and farmers.

You have to remember, the rich and edjucated didnt really follow jesus because he advocated them giving up thier wealth.

Church tradition holds that these were upper-class women with family wealth who did take the advise and gave the money to Jesus.

By the way, there is another great Bible contradiction right there.  Luke makes it clear that the disciples were preaching the Good News while Jesus was still alive.  In another chapter Jesus even sends the disciples out on their own to prepare the way by preaching the "Good News" before Jesus arrives.  This is solid proof that in an earlier version of the story the "Good News" had nothing to do with the death or resurrection of Jesus.  Paul's gospel was the other gospel.

It is common knowledge that Jesus hung out with prostitutes... but to actually purport he was the pimp seems a little preposterous. I think back in this time that women were a little more independent in their profession, but I could be wrong.

I have to ask why you think its preposterous? Hopefully not just because of what you peviously believed of jesus. I find myself doing that all the time, having a preconception of who jesus was because i used to be a christian.

I think a good thing to remember is that around that time period prostitution was a part of many religious belief systems.

I believe the Dr. Bart Ehrman mentions several times in Misqouting Jesus the the early Christians were poor and mainly illiterate. Eventhe deciples were fishermen and farmers.

Church tradition holds that these were upper-class women with family wealth who did take the advise and gave the money to Jesus.

By the way, there is another great Bible contradiction right there. Luke makes it clear that the disciples were preaching the Good News while Jesus was still alive. In another chapter Jesus even sends the disciples out on their own to prepare the way by preaching the "Good News" before Jesus arrives. This is solid proof that in an earlier version of the story the "Good News" had nothing to do with the death or resurrection of Jesus. Paul's gospel was the other gospel.

The problem with that church tradition is how women were treated during that time period. I copied the following from a website that discusses what womens rights were during that time. Hard to imagin that jesus would find a large group of women with enough cash and possesions to support him. The Legal Position In official Judaism, women were legally possessions of their fathers and, after marriage, of their husbands. She continues within the control of the father until she enters into the control of the husband at marriage. (Mishnah: Ketuboth “Marriage Deeds” 4:5) By three means is the woman acquired and by two means she acquires her freedom. She is acquired by money or by writ or by intercourse.... And she acquires her freedom by a bill of divorce or by the death of her husband.... (Mishnah: Kiddushin “Betrothals” 1:1) Thus a wife was acquired in virtually the same way as property: ... Property for which there is security can be acquired by money or by writ or by usucaption [habitual use]. (Mishnah: Kiddushin “Betrothals” 1:1 & 1:5) As was said centuries earlier, He who acquires a wife gets his best possession. (Ecclesiasticus 36:24) Women were expected to stay secluded within the house and to attend to household duties. ... These are works which the wife must perform for her husband: grinding flour and baking bread and washing clothes and cooking food and giving suck to her child and making ready his bed and working in wool.... If she brought slave women as her dowry they could do these jobs instead, but, Rabbi Eliezer says: Even if she brought him in a hundred bondwomen he should compel her to work in wool, for idleness leads to unchastity.... (Mishnah: Ketuboth “Marriage Deeds” 5:5) The wife was regarded as an inferior. She had to obey her husband as a master, but on the positive side the husband was obliged to be faithful to her and treat her kindly. The law ... commands us also, when we marry, not to have regard to portion, nor to take a woman by violence, nor to persuade her deceitfully and knavishly; but demand her in marriage of him who hath power to dispose of her, and is fit to give her away by the nearness of his kindred; for, saith the Scripture, “a woman is inferior to her husband in all

things.” [2] Let her, therefore, be obedient to him; not so that he should abuse her, but that she may acknowledge her duty to her husband; for God hath given the authority to the husband. A husband, therefore, is to lie only with his wife whom he hath married.... (Josephus (30-100AD), Against Apion 2:25) Children had to respect their father before their mother. If there was danger to life, the husband had to be saved first. A man must be saved alive sooner than a woman, and his lost property must be restored sooner than hers. (Mishnah: Horayoth “Instructions” 3:7) A husband had the right to claim anything his wife found and he could force a vow upon his wife or annul any vow she had made. According to Josephus, husbands had the right to divorce wives but not vice-versa. ... when Salome [sister of Herod the Great] happened to quarrel with Costobarus, she sent him a bill of divorce, and dissolved her marriage with him, though this was not according to the Jewish laws; for with us it is lawful for a husband to do so; but a wife, if she departs from her husband, cannot of herself be married to another, unless her former husband put her away. However, Salome chose not to follow the law of her country, but the law of her authority, and so renounced her wedlock

• Like 1

No, we don't know that. We actually pretty much explicitly know women could take some other works - day labor on farms was probably a rather important source of income. We find that very notion mentioned in the OT, even. In a primarily agricultural society, this would not be much of a surprise and anyone who cares to think about it would realize this.

If he wasn't a pimp then why did the Romans gamble to get his pimp robes and King Arthur try so hard to get his pimp cup?  The "crown of thorns" his bad-ass pimp hat.  His pimp cane made into part of the cross they hung him upon.  John the Baptist said he wasn't worthy to touch his pimp shoes.  And we can't forget that he rode a couple fine asses into Jerusalem that drove everyone wild.

mwc

He sure pimp slapped that fig tree for not putting out.  Fig trees got to know their place.

No, we don't know that. We actually pretty much explicitly know women could take some other works - day labor on farms was probably a rather important source of income. We find that very notion mentioned in the OT, even. In a primarily agricultural society, this would not be much of a surprise and anyone who cares to think about it would realize this.

Ill have to look into that, however everything ive read so far states that women had no rights and werent workers in that society. Notice also that for them to suport jesus and his ministry i dont think a simple farmhands wage do too much.

"And we can't forget that he rode a couple fine asses" Now that is comedy!