Goodbye Jesus

F*ck Christianity (There Is Cursing In Here)

JamesG

So I finally decided to set the record straight with my mother. She has been in denial of my atheism for quite sometime now so this weekend when she came to visit I had a sit down conversation with her and I just put it bluntly. No more time to pussy foot around about it. Well turns out she couldn't take it quite as well as I had hoped. It was like I pretty much died to her. Of course I understand that this is a lot to take in and I tried to explain things to her. But it just fucking pisses me off that this whole god bullshit complicates an already complicated world with fucking bullshit reasons to divide us I fucking hate this shit and it pisses me the fuck off. I am just so angry but I have no one to be angry at. What makes me angry is that my mom is depressed about this because of her irrational belief in a fucking sky fairy that loves to kill children and rape virgins so he can sacrifice their raped offspring. Ok I am done ranting now.

However this morning my mom wrote me this email that at least shows me she is understanding at least.

Hi there! I hope my response last night did not upset you. I just needed to let it all sink in. I love you son, very very much....that will never ever change....even if we have differing views on life.  I am proud of you, you always try to find your own answers and you don't depend on what others tell you. The search for truth can be a struggle, cause anguish, and be life long. Hopefully, your truth brings you happiness.

I cannot lie to you....my wish is that you see things differently in the future, but I respect where you are now. I do ask that you speak with someone who is qualified to discuss this with you.  I think this is important to get a more balanced view at this point in your life. But you are a grown man and I cannot make you, so that is up to you, but I hope that you will.

Much Love,
Mom

You know what I think I will talk to someone and I am going to try  my hardest to deconvert his ass. Fucking cocks I am going to put together as much ammo as I can hold bring notes and fuck him up his faith filled fuck hole that is his mouth. I am going to shove a big phallic dildo made out of bible pulp so far down his throat he is going to think I am fucking him in the ass.

sorry for seeming pissed off this morning but I am this shit just makes me angry. I am sure ill get over it but right now I felt like venting a bit.

Sorry to hear about your mother.  Sometimes it gets better with time.  I hope your situation improves.

A word of advise:

When you talk to this "qualified" apologist be sure to bring note paper.  Write down the crap he claims because he will contradict himself and he will try to slide out of it.

Yeah I plan on it I really only want to go to take out my anger and frustration on him its not like anyone is making me I just want to use him as my personal therapy session which probably isn't the most mature thing but at this point I don't feel like being mature.

Yeah I plan on it I really only want to go to take out my anger and frustration on him its not like anyone is making me I just want to use him as my personal therapy session which probably isn't the most mature thing but at this point I don't feel like being mature.

Don't feel bad.  It's a normal stage of deconversion.  I satisfied that urge by debating Christians online.  Go ahead and get it out of your system.  You will find that the typical Christian response is academically dishonest, among other things.  When I was pursuing it I wanted to be sure - I wanted to see if there was any Christian with a helpful insight or a good answer.

You're right about religion. It complicates an already complicated world. It's so silly that our relationships are strained due to what we think about the existence of an invisible sky-daddy.  It's childish.  Some people never grow up.  These are the religious, IMO. 

I personally think you should let it slide. Reading between the lines, it seems your mum has accepted your non belief and probably has doubts of her own. She however probably needs to hold onto belief as perhaps she finds community in church.

The year my mum died she was really upset as she said "not one of my children believe in god" She had a very painful cancer and was angry this was the way she had to go after 60+ years of faithful service. In the end she was cussing god asking "what she had done to deserve this"

I agree LivingLife that is why it is so frustrating is because she is a good person a good mom and a good roll model and is very accepting of other people. I cant be angry at her. That is the crux of why I am so frustrated. I should probably let it slide but right now I am just pissed off with no one to be pissed off to =(

I agree LivingLife that is why it is so frustrating is because she is a good person a good mom and a good roll model and is very accepting of other people. I cant be angry at her. That is the crux of why I am so frustrated. I should probably let it slide but right now I am just pissed off with no one to be pissed off to =(

If you give it time a new apologist will show up in the Den any day now.  We get them from time to time.  Or you could go to a "Debate a Christian" site.

Seth Andrews posted this on FB

Sent a Father's Day letter to my religious Dad yesterday. An olive branch, filled with genuine appreciation for his love and sacrifices over the decades.

This morning, I received the reply, "Sorry, son. We are people of faith. There is no real fellowship with anyone who is an unbeliever."

I think your mum's response was many levels above this if you get my drift. Rants are good to get shit out of your system.

• Like 1

Sent a Father's Day letter to my religious Dad yesterday. An olive branch, filled with genuine appreciation for his love and sacrifices over the decades.

This morning, I received the reply, "Sorry, son. We are people of faith. There is no real fellowship with anyone who is an unbeliever."

I think your mum's response was many levels above this if you get my drift. Rants are good to get shit out of your system.

Ah, the true colors for Christian family values.  :(

• Like 1

Seems your mom gave you a pretty good response after she calmed down and had time to write you a letter.  I'm not sure what more you could ask for putting yourself in her shoes for a moment.  She still loves you and is proud of you.  That's fucking awesome. 

• Like 1

the letter really changed things a bit I was just still angry from last night and the conversation we had then. I am getting more calm now but I just needed a good scream in so many keystrokes

• Like 1

Ranting is definitely therapeutic.  If you get around to it, blaspheme the holy spirit and tell Jesus to suck a box of cocks. 

I'm only half joking. :)

Arrrrghhhh! So sorry your family is being this way! I know how much your mom and your wife mean to you, and that's why it hurts to hear they reacted this way. Christopher Hitchens was right, religion poisons everything. You've got every right to be angry, especially since all this is over a bunch of Bronze Age superstitions.

I really hope they come around for your sake. :)

"Thanks for the unconditional Christian love, Dad. In any case I still love you."

• Like 1

One thing you'll want to do if and when you meet with the "qualified" person is to be calm and polite. Rip his/her shit to pieces of course and try your best to destroy his/her faith sure. But be calm, polite, good-natured, etc. If you act at all angry, bitter, pissy, etc it will be taken that you are just "angry at god" or some other such nonsense. Let the christians be the ones to get angry, frightened, upset, to put an abrupt halt to the conversation, and so on. It's easy to take the high road; just remember that they are like children, still dependent on their imaginary sky-daddy. Show them the way to adulthood.

So I finally decided to set the record straight with my mother. She has been in denial of my atheism for quite sometime now so this weekend when she came to visit I had a sit down conversation with her and I just put it bluntly. No more time to pussy foot around about it. Well turns out she couldn't take it quite as well as I had hoped. It was like I pretty much died to her. Of course I understand that this is a lot to take in and I tried to explain things to her. But it just fucking pisses me off that this whole god bullshit complicates an already complicated world with fucking bullshit reasons to divide us I fucking hate this shit and it pisses me the fuck off. I am just so angry but I have no one to be angry at. What makes me angry is that my mom is depressed about this because of her irrational belief in a fucking sky fairy that loves to kill children and rape virgins so he can sacrifice their raped offspring. Ok I am done ranting now.

However this morning my mom wrote me this email that at least shows me she is understanding at least.

Hi there! I hope my response last night did not upset you. I just needed to let it all sink in. I love you son, very very much....that will never ever change....even if we have differing views on life.  I am proud of you, you always try to find your own answers and you don't depend on what others tell you. The search for truth can be a struggle, cause anguish, and be life long. Hopefully, your truth brings you happiness.

I cannot lie to you....my wish is that you see things differently in the future, but I respect where you are now. I do ask that you speak with someone who is qualified to discuss this with you.  I think this is important to get a more balanced view at this point in your life. But you are a grown man and I cannot make you, so that is up to you, but I hope that you will.

Much Love,

Mom

You know what I think I will talk to someone and I am going to try  my hardest to deconvert his ass. Fucking cocks I am going to put together as much ammo as I can hold bring notes and fuck him up his faith filled fuck hole that is his mouth. I am going to shove a big phallic dildo made out of bible pulp so far down his throat he is going to think I am fucking him in the ass.

sorry for seeming pissed off this morning but I am this shit just makes me angry. I am sure ill get over it but right now I felt like venting a bit.

Vent away. 

And you can assure your mother that you HAVE been talking to people qualified to discuss this with you. US! We've all been where you are. We know why you are here and what you are talking about, and you don't have to go through the trouble of making a Bible dick. :D

I'm sorry her emotions have been viciously poisoned by superstitions. I am glad to see that her rational mind is giving you credit though. 

The response you received from your dad is absolutely sad and I'm sorry your relationship with him no longer exists, simply because of something as insignificant as religious beliefs.

the letter really changed things a bit I was just still angry from last night and the conversation we had then. I am getting more calm now but I just needed a good scream in so many keystrokes

As long as those keystrokes here and not at the person.   I made that mistake before a couple times and there was no real coming back from it! That's why I love this place. People don't mind people being human!! I understand your frustration; I still haven't told my family (they live in a different state like MILES and MILES away (Alaska)) so it's not a big deal. But I mostly have a feeling I'll get a response likes yours. Frustrating. 

One thing you'll want to do if and when you meet with the "qualified" person is to be calm and polite. Rip his/her shit to pieces of course and try your best to destroy his/her faith sure. But be calm, polite, good-natured, etc. If you act at all angry, bitter, pissy, etc it will be taken that you are just "angry at god" or some other such nonsense. Let the christians be the ones to get angry, frightened, upset, to put an abrupt halt to the conversation, and so on. It's easy to take the high road; just remember that they are like children, still dependent on their imaginary sky-daddy. Show them the way to adulthood.

I like this idea. Let the xtians make complete asses of themselves, let them backpedal and run away when they realize their crap won't fly. They're the ones who have to live with their actions at the end of the day. Taking the high road will make them look twice as ridiculous and petty. :D

Religion really infantilizes people, and the end results are scary. Guess the line in their buybull about putting childish things away once someone becomes a man is lost on them.

• Like 1

Ah, the true colors for Christian family values.  sad.png

I have always (well, "always since leaving Christianity) believed that Christianity is antithetical to family values.  That comment reminds me of the other side of the coin, in which Christian missionaries and evangelists actually ask people who grew up in other religions to convert to Christianity.  They really think we should discard our families and their values to adopt their European faith and culture!  Jesus is ungodly and hates family values, and no one can be a follower of Jesus while simultaneously supporting the institution of the family.

• Like 3

looks like my mom is coming back for round 2 lol we are meeting for dinner tonight =P. Here's to hoping this wont be awkward >.<

• Like 1