Goodbye Jesus

Employee/race Rant

Guest end3

Had an employee ask a few months back, "Is it because I'm black"?  I wish my brain would have kicked in before so I could have responded, "Are you calling me a racist because I'm white"?  

To the rant:

You work three days a week scheduling the three days around YOUR schedule.  You come in with a mostly crappy attitude.  When asked if you would swap one of your planned work days for another day, a day which we actually NEED you, you say no.

My retort:  Shut he hell up.  Get off your cell phone.  Quit taking 30 minutes for a fifteen minute break, and actually think to ask, "Well, since I'm not going to be able to be here on the day that you requested, can we do the things you wanted in the days I AM going to be here"?

Get over your race thing as I don't give a rat's ass if you are blue, pink, yellow, or any damn color of the rainbow as long as you get the frickin' job done so we can all go home.....especially without making the day more rabid than it is.

And  to the good news:

Guess what sweetheart,  we are caught up and in the slow season now, so we won't be needing you for your three selected days per week.  See you next year!  Happy self righteous life! 

No, not because you're black. But you ARE lazy. :-)

There are black people in West Texas?  

I worked three selected days per week for about a year at my previous job so I could get the hell done with school.  But I made sure I was pretty goddamn indispensable before telling them that it was gonna be 'part time or no time'.

I completely detest racism, but I equally detest false accusations of racism. Playing the "race" card to try to divert attention away from character flaws is downright pathetic and every bit as unfair as racism.

• Like 1

Guest Babylonian Dream

The race card is an excuse to not take responsibility for ones own actions. It's a frustrating thing to deal with. I knew this girl who'd see racism against her everywhere, even when there was none. I remember when she thought both white men and black men hated her for being a black girl, when in reality, she was pushing them away because she was constantly accusing white people (even one who was married to a black man) of being racist, and she's constantly talking about how horrible men are. People like to avoid their real problems by seeing character flaws in other people.

• Like 2