Goodbye Jesus

Laminins

hoosier

www.snopes.com/glurge/laminin.asp Ok so there's a glycoprotein that holds tissues together that is in the shape of a cross. Apparently fundies have been getting all excited over this, even though it would make sense to have something that is responsible for structural integrity to have a cross shape. I'm thinking cross beams in buildings. Also isn't that why crosses were used to hold up people for executions? But I'm not exactly an architect or engineer.

Additionally, I think its interesting to note that it is in the shape of a western RC/protestant style cross. Guess those nutty eastern orthodox got their cross idea wrong!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I think its funny for them to mention that most of them look more like swastikas than crosses at the microscopic level. But, since the scientists drew the diagram that way -- in swarms the christians.

Sadly, my mother recently purchased the DVD of the christian that goes on and on using this to "prove" the bible.

Wtf ever...

Guest Babylonian Dream

Finding god in mysterious hidden places.... This time, proof doesn't come on toast, it comes too small to see./fail

• Like 1

*falls off chair laughing*

Aaaah thanks for that heads-up *giggle*

I'm still waiting for a morontheist to approach me and try that particular bullshit, for my reply would be this...

...Laminin is an organic molecule. One fun fact about organic substances is that they all need carbon for their structures. I dunno whether it's the same in the States but over here when I went to school, organic chemistry was also called "carbon chemistry" for that very reason.

Now carbon is the 6th element in the periodic system. The carbon atom consists of

6 protons

6 neutrons

6 electrons

Gee where did I see "666" before...? By the morontheists' own reasoning saaataaan must be an even more fundamental (ha ha) building block of life than their sadistic gawds... firedevil.gif

(disclaimer: I'd love to say this was my idea but actually someone in the forums mentioned it quite some time ago, can't remember who it was)

• Like 3

Guest Babylonian Dream

I'm still waiting for a morontheist to approach me and try that particular bullshit, for my reply would be this...

...Laminin is an organic molecule. One fun fact about organic substances is that they all need carbon for their structures. I dunno whether it's the same in the States but over here when I went to school, organic chemistry was also called "carbon chemistry" for that very reason.

Now carbon is the 6th element in the periodic system. The carbon atom consists of

6 protons

6 neutrons

6 electrons

Gee where did I see "666" before...? By the morontheists' own reasoning saaataaan must be an even more fundamental (ha ha) building block of life than their sadistic gawds... firedevil.gif

(disclaimer: I'd love to say this was my idea but actually someone in the forums mentioned it quite some time ago, can't remember who it was)

The cross is made up of 6 6 6? Oh no!

I thought that, but I wasn't sure if I had the number of neutrons correct or not. Yeah. Jesus is satanic!

• Like 1

6 protons

6 neutrons

6 electrons

The cross is made up of 6 6 6? Oh no!

I thought that, but I wasn't sure if I had the number of neutrons correct or not. Yeah. Jesus is satanic!

I have read sources that indicate that Jesus could have been the anti-Christ all along. This must prove it!

www.snopes.com/glurge/laminin.asp Ok so there's a glycoprotein that holds tissues together that is in the shape of a cross. Apparently fundies have been getting all excited over this, even though it would make sense to have something that is responsible for structural integrity to have a cross shape. I'm thinking cross beams in buildings. Also isn't that why crosses were used to hold up people for executions? But I'm not exactly an architect or engineer.

Additionally, I think its interesting to note that it is in the shape of a western RC/protestant style cross. Guess those nutty eastern orthodox got their cross idea wrong!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I was in Walmart one day and I noticed a lug wrench in the shape of a cross! OMG! He is the savior of flat tires.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Ah, this old evergreen again.

Ah, this old evergreen again.

Has this been around for some time? My wife just happened to mention it to me the other day, I hadn't heard of it yet.

6 protons

6 neutrons

6 electrons

LOL I wish I had thought of that when she mentioned it!