Goodbye Jesus

Other Forums And Thier Idiocracy

gseeker

So yesterday my post, "jesus was a pimp" was deleted from religious forums dot com. It had been up for 12 hours. They deleted the post because they claimed it was offensive to some people, inflamatory, and lacked evidence.

This was a shocking thing to me because when i was starting on my path of reason while still a christian that was the site i would go to to argue for christianity and my talks with atheists on that site helped lead me out of the faith.

I argued with the moderators, three pages of arguments until they refused to respond.

Now my Jesus was a pimp thing is something im really looking into because i would like to write a book and am looking for argument both for and against such an idea. Its a real idea and the intention isn't just to piss people off.

Now i explained this to them and they again demanded that i show proof, i explained the circumstantal evidence i had that showed it was possible i was correct then i demanded proof that jesus was god since other people on that site claimed that and i find that to be offensive.

I then accused them of book burning and said it was shocking to see people still embracing the dark ages. They then assured me that it was a group of moderators who decided to delete my posting not just one person so i said dictatorship or mob mentality you are still chosing to destroy another persons idea.

They then claimed my intention didnt matter as the post still offended people. At this point i was completely pissed off. I told them C.S. lewis claimed that Jesus was either a psyco, a con artist or god. Now im sure as hell not going to argue that jesus is god and i asked them, if i argue that jesus was crazy or a con man, would they delete that too? They wouldnt give me an answer.

Now Religious forums is meant to be a place where people of different religions come to argue concepts of thier religion and atheism, evolution vs. creation. They claimed to delete my post because they want to keep the place friendly and enjoyable for all people. Im sorry, since when have religious debates become a happy go lucky discussions?

Has anyone else had issues with that website or others?

Man I don't envy people moderating religious forums, it must be hard for them to make sure religious people don't feel their beliefs are being unnecessarily mocked - and calling Jesus a pimp is quite an inflammatory proposition- and people being able to express their ideas. They probably felt it was easier to shut the thread down than to deal with the resulting fall-out and maybe they together predicted a fruitful conversation wouldn't arise out of that topic in their forum.

Not that I think they were right to delete it, just maybe you could coax them into the idea that the thread could become interesting rather than confrontational, or put the idea across in a more subtle way so you don't dive in with 'Jesus=whores!'? I don't think moderators ever react well to people accusing them of book burning and ganging up as they just see it as an uppity forum member stomping their little feetsies and so ignore them .

True but if you consider the time period the thought that a religious leader of the time might have had temple prostitutes shouldnt be considered that offensive. They just got offended because the religious leader i was referring to was jesus.

Besides, people complained because the content was claimed to be offensive and considering the title "jesus was a pimp" you should not complained that you were offended since the title should be considered warning enough that if you are a christian or muslim who might get offemded, DONT CLICK THIS LINK!!!!

All it was is a group of religious people intentionally censoring someone who thinks outside the box.

• Like 1

This is pretty tame compared to what we have seen on pro-xian boards.

The best example is Christianforums.com. Years ago, they had the largest open forum for debating the validity of Christianity. It wasn't going so well for them, and upon realizing that far more people were de-converting because of the internet they went through the trouble of completely deleting their apologetics board and leaving in a Christian apologetics board that only Christians are allowed to post in. They banned several accounts of non-believers simply for not being Christian ( myself included ). They created new boards with new rules designed to strictly limit any kind of rational debate. Several moderators quit in disgust over the blatant censorship.  

This is pretty tame compared to what we have seen on pro-xian boards.

The best example is Christianforums.com. Years ago, they had the largest open forum for debating the validity of Christianity. It wasn't going so well for them, and upon realizing that far more people were de-converting because of the internet they went through the trouble of completely deleting their apologetics board and leaving in a Christian apologetics board that only Christians are allowed to post in. They banned several accounts of non-believers simply for not being Christian ( myself included ). They created new boards with new rules designed to strictly limit any kind of rational debate. Several moderators quit in disgust over the blatant censorship.  

Talk about paranoia! Logic is so scary... zDuivel7.gif

• Like 1

Wow, so now its just a place where christians sit around sipping tea and proclaim how great god was for healing that person in the hospital and pray for the victims of the next natural disaster? Lol

The fact that this wasnt a christian sit though is whats sad.