Goodbye Jesus

The Wickedness Of Man

Margee

The Wickedness of Man

... Quoted from our wonderful, lovely, loving 'holy' ' book of Genesis 6.......

5: And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6: And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7: And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repents me that I have made them. Wendybanghead.gif 

Now, when one is supposed to have the powers of god, why would he not know that he was creating 'screw-ups'?? He even hated his animals that he made??? This god set us up for failure with his talking snake in the garden. The wickedness of man is his fault, cause he didn't know what he was doing!!!

How is god Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient?? He's just not. You and I could have done a better job creating the universe and mankind if we had these so called 'powers'? I know I personally would have made the earth different because I'm a loving human being and I would not ever put mankind through what 'god' has!!!

Any comments?

• Like 8

• Super Moderator
when one is supposed to have the powers of god, why would he not know that he was creating 'screw-ups'??

This was one of the first things that bothered me about this supposedly omni-everything god.  Next was, when he recognized he screwed up his creation, why didn't he simply fix it by zapping it with his magic?  After all, He Is God!    Makes NO sense.  

And don't get me started with Abraham/Isaac, the story that scared the ever-loving crap out of me when I was about 4 years old!  

Like you said, we'd make better gods -- and for sure we are better parents!

• Like 2

Good post as usual Margee.

Yes, this is a huge problem for BibleGod. He is supposed to be omniscient - didn't he know how things would turn out? If so, why did he do it anyway? The notion that "God doesn't want robots" and the free will defense just doesn't cut it when we are up against the sum total of suffering in the world. Hand in hand is the issue of why this god thinks he needs to be worshiped by "evil" humans.

Personally, given the way things are sometimes, I wouldn't mind being a robot if that would help me.

Good post as usual Margee.

Yes, this is a huge problem for BibleGod. He is supposed to be omniscient - didn't he know how things would turn out? If so, why did he do it anyway? The notion that "God doesn't want robots" and the free will defense just doesn't cut it when we are up against the sum total of suffering in the world. Hand in hand is the issue of why this god thinks he needs to be worshiped by "evil" humans.

Personally, given the way things are sometimes, I wouldn't mind being a robot if that would help me.

Thank you hon and good post as usual for you Deva.  Bible god is just not a good father.  I also would have preferred to be a 'happy' robot on this earth also !! Wendyshrug.gif  Don't give me any fucking 'free will' and then I won't make stupid choices myself!!  His so-called 'free will' has caused me a lot of problems in my life. I would have preferred to be downloaded and programmed properly. The more I read on this board, the more I see how stupid the Christian god is. 

• Like 2

I just posted this for a member who is suffering desperately from the fear of hell. I thought I'd post it here also because this is what gave me the notion to start this topic this morning. Quote:

''Genesis alone makes the Christian god look so stupid in the way he even began his whole creation. He was a dumb god. He even had to resort to sacrificing his own son. How fucking stupid is that? Even you could have made a better plan for mankind. I mean, read Genesis...he even wants Adam to pick from the animals which one will be his 'helpmate'.

Then he decides to make 'wo-man from a rib???Wendybanghead.gif

Study Genesis alone and you will soon see that this ancient tribal god did not really know what he was doing. Adam, Eve, talking snake, floods to wipe out mankind,  claiming that he regretted  making us?? (Genesis 6: 7 ''So the LORD said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created--and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground--for I regret that I have made them." Wendyshrug.gif )  He used genocide to prove his points all through the holy book to the point of sacrificing his son??? None of it makes sense to me anymore. It never really did. Even when I was a faithful 'servant' of the lord, I questioned all these things.

Remember, this is the god who is supposed to be the smartest 'spirit' in the universe???''

I can't believe how this stuff still makes me angry. Then I see other new members suffering and I want to scream vent.gif at how this whole bible has damaged innocent human beings.  Ridigwoopsie.gif 

• Like 3

You've pointed out a key problem with this "god".

The Bible also states that God does not repent, yet he did.

In addition, it states that his works are perfect.

By definition, a perfect being cannot make an imperfect choice or perform an imperfect act.

If humans are wicked, it's because "God" designed that into them (for whatever reason).

• Like 1

I wouldn't have been a narcissist like Bible god, but if I was "God", I still don't think I would be a good one because I am too emotionally unstable to be a god.

I wouldn't have been a narcissist like Bible god,

....so really, it was god who created the rapists, murderers, torturers, cheaters, stealers of the world. A  great majority of the world is depressed mentally...he did that. Bastard. He could have made us never to feel depression.

I know there are many levels to narcissism and one of them is when you lose a good conscience...that does seem to fit the Christian god......Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 1

I wouldn't have been a narcissist like Bible god,

....so really, it was god who created the rapists, murderers, torturers, cheaters, stealers of the world. A  great majority of the world is depressed mentally...he did that. Bastard. He could have made us never to feel depression.

I know there are many levels to narcissism and one of them is when you lose a good conscience...that  does seem to fit the Christian god......Wendyshrug.gif

It all makes sense. Create a crappy world filled with robots programmed to destroy and kill, then offer a way out for the good people who don't want to be trapped in a world like that, so that he sounds like a savior. The gullible people waiting for his rescue don't realize that their own god shoved them into water, knowing they could not swim and that there would be tons of predators in the water, just so he could send a lifeboat to rescue them.

• Like 2

I've heard fundamentalists claim that god has never made any mistakes, even though their "perfect bible" says that god repented.

You know, it is so clearly obvious from Genesis alone that this is a primitive concept of "god" that it is superfluous to provide Xtians with the huge volume of other things that prove the bible to be a myth. Really, the author(s) of Genesis was so ignorant that he conceives an atmosphere for earth as one in which there is a huge body of water ABOVE the stars and heaven which provides us rain through portals controlled by god. HELLO Xtians! Is there anything between your ears? Tiny little earth's gravity is strong enough to cause water in the form of rain to be pulled to earth from beyond the stars which are billions of light years away?

Light was created on earth before the sun? Apparently god could not see in the dark. How did he see before? 

Well, you guys know all the absurdities as well or better than I. But my point is, what else could a thinking human need to know how ridiculous the bible is? Apparently, none of us bothered to think before we deconverted. No, that wasn't it. We did not want to think because we were still children, irrespective of our age. We still wanted to believe in magic.

Thanks once again, Margee, for your on spot observations.  bill

• Like 2

It seems that this issue is one of the key things that, once a believer realizes it, there is no turning back. Perhaps it should be considered a gateway fallacy. It certainly was for me when I saw it for what it was.

My issue was deeper, though; on a grander scale. If God is perfect and his plan is perfect, and if God is all-powerful, and if God does not desire even one person to go to Hell - then why does almost every one of God's most beloved creations (humans) end up in Hell? Other than "God is perfect and just and we simply need to trust him even though it makes no sense to our pea-brain minds", I have seen no answer anywhere for this difficult question. Again, for most people who realize this particular fallacy, there seems to be no turning back, and the "have completely blind faith" answer doesn't satisfy a skeptic of any level - even if the skeptic is a very weak skeptic.

My issue was deeper, though; on a grander scale. If God is perfect and his plan is perfect, and if God is all-powerful, and if God does not desire even one person to go to Hell - then why does almost every one of God's most beloved creations (humans) end up in Hell? Other than "God is perfect and just and we simply need to trust him even though it makes no sense to our pea-brain minds", I have seen no answer anywhere for this difficult question.

QC, I don't think there could even be an answer to this question above? Perfect god = people in hell = 'just' god? I'm sitting here right now trying to remember how I justified this question when I was a Christian because I also asked this many times. All I knew is that I didn't want to be the one landing up in hell!! How did I 'love' this god? I didn't. I feared him and 'pretended' to love 'him' so I wouldn't' go to hell.

I always wanted to know if all the people in the Old testament got 'saved' before jesus even made his sacrifice??