Goodbye Jesus

Agnosticism=Presuppositionalism Of The Worse Kind..

raoul

I got a pm from Raul apologizing, his aim was only at the specific users he mentioned on that video.  He did not intend to go after all agnostics, but he is apparently tired of people not listening and playing it overly safe.  Listen to the video if you want the full rant of what ticked him off. But he didn't mean any harm with what he said.

He says he is no longer going to be posting on the public forums, but he can be found on his youtube channel 

http://www.youtube.com/user/raoul116

I got a pm too, about how he won't be posting on the public forums anymore. That is unfortunate that he won't be posting here since a lot of the things he posted helped me quite a bit when I was in the process of deprogramming still.

'snip

I told him that I hope he reconsiders, and thanked him for the clarification. I had a feeling he wasn't targeting everyone, but it did seem like he was broad brushing everyone. There could have been more diplomatic words that could be stated.  

I hope he reconsiders, from what I've seen of him he is the type willing to call out that the emperor is wearing no clothes. People like that are good to have around. 

• Like 2

My love letter to Duderonomy and the rest of the agnostic ilk who just wanna play with the big boys and gals engaged in the REAL theological wars going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeFZhjYtFu0

Great video, raoul!  Damn, I haven't had a love letter since who flung the chunk! Thanks!

You have a war going on inside your head that doesn't exist, though. You know that, right?   

Oh, how I do hope that so many of those who saw your video will come to Ex-C! Then they can read me and see what an asshat you are for themselves, without the biased editing and obfuscation of your video.. They will be able to see for themselves what you said, and what I said. They might soon realize though, that you are a Drama Queen, raoul..

Yes, of course I know that you are reading this.

In his own mind he has made partners into and enemies. Why would an atheist be mad at  agnostics who says "you're probably right but I know with absolute certainty" ? Ego? It's possible, but I'm agnostic about it 'cause I'm a coward, I guess   bill

Im agnostic because I don't know, and I can't know and I'm okay with that. I cannot prove there is no god anymore than I can prove there is one. I have no trouble dealing with saying I don't know.

This.

I've noticed as well that some of the most fervent Christians make the most fervent atheists. "This is my belief, and you all have to believe exactly what I do, in just the way I believe it! I can't understand why anyone would believe differently!" But as I said elsewhere here, beliefs are things that grow and change. We're organic not static. I'm finally to a place where I can say comfortably "I don't know" and I'm very healthy and happy with not knowing. Being pushed into "But you HAVE to be an atheist! Calling yourself agnostic is cowardly!" is just as unhealthy a mind set for me as the whole Xtianity thing was. 

• Like 3

In his own mind he has made partners into and enemies. Why would an atheist be mad at  agnostics who says "you're probably right but I know with absolute certainty" ? Ego? It's possible, but I'm agnostic about it 'cause I'm a coward, I guess   bill

Im agnostic because I don't know, and I can't know and I'm okay with that. I cannot prove there is no god anymore than I can prove there is one. I have no trouble dealing with saying I don't know.

This.

I've noticed as well that some of the most fervent Christians make the most fervent atheists. "This is my belief, and you all have to believe exactly what I do, in just the way I believe it! I can't understand why anyone would believe differently!" But as I said elsewhere here, beliefs are things that grow and change. We're organic not static. I'm finally to a place where I can say comfortably "I don't know" and I'm very healthy and happy with not knowing. Being pushed into "But you HAVE to be an atheist! Calling yourself agnostic is cowardly!" is just as unhealthy a mind set for me as the whole Xtianity thing was. 

That is very understandable, because hate as with love is a form of attachment. If they didn't have any feelings on the topic then they would be apathetic.  Humans are creatures that are influenced by our feelings to some extent or another and when we feel like we have been screwed over that changes how we feel in a very negative way. Emotions don't just do a 180, it is a process to get there and it hurts like salt in the wound. Especially, when one has devoted some much time and energy into something that turned out to be false. 

I can understand the hostility towards anything related to anything Christian related. There may be mellowing over time, but all wounds heal at their own pace. I'm not a psychologist, but I believe this mellowing is a process of just letting go.  That is when one stops driving as much energy into a subject.  

Having emotional attachments, that is passion, is not inherently wrong; it does provide motivation to get shit done.  The real question is does this passion whatever it may be help or harm?  There is a fine line between passion and zealotry.

• Like 1

This.

When I was still an xian, my friend (still an xian) and I used to muse about how obnoxious newly converted xians were.  We were both raised in the church and didn't feel a need to wear it like a badge.  I think the conversion process probably brings this out in a lot of people and it's something we need to challenge within ourselves whether it be religion, deconversion or something else. 

As a hard atheist I don't care if other people have religion.  However I was harmed  by Christianity and I can see how others are harmed by certain religions so I would like to see less harm done.  The most complete way to reduce the harm is deprograming but I realize most people are not able to take that step.  Still it would be great if the rest would become moderate in their religion.

• Like 1

This.

When I was still an xian, my friend (still an xian) and I used to muse about how obnoxious newly converted xians were.  We were both raised in the church and didn't feel a need to wear it like a badge.  I think the conversion process probably brings this out in a lot of people and it's something we need to challenge within ourselves whether it be religion, deconversion or something else. 

I was one of those newly converted Christians at one time.  I won't go into the details here of my young life, which were less than good concerning family or religion, but I do remember my mom (she probably got it from somewhere else) saying that there are none so zealous as the newly converted. 

Maybe that's where raoul is?

He seems to find, in this video, only what he wants to find. I only bring this back to him because he called me out by name (or nick name as it were). For example, he refers to me as "she", and claims during his video that he suddenly realized what my nick was, and how it might be related to a book of the O.T, and I guess in his mind by extension other books in the O.T. If he is as smart and clever as he claims to be, he should have at least noticed the spelling as a play on words. If it matters, or if it was unclear to him, he could have just asked. The point being that my nick is DUDEronomy. How does that indicate, or where anywhere else on this website, did I ever claim to be a "she"? 

Petty? Yes, but raoul, like a bull in a china shop, seems to be a bit myopic (if that's the word) in his views. I could spend a day explaining what is wrong with this video, and so many of his others.

I tried to like him, and I challenged what he said here and there where we didn't agree. All I ever got in return was some kind of bullying/hatred from him. What else can I say? His response was always his way or the highway it seems. 

raoul has some kind of war going on in his mind. He hates sycophants, but he tries to collect them. He is his own worst enemy, IMHO.

I did note yesterday that he has a new video on his channel on Youtube called :"My Fake Apology" that was related to his diatribe on the "Is Atheism A Faith" thread.  It's very telling.

I don't know what to think about this guy really, and maybe I shouldn't spend so much digital ink on him, but WTF, he is an ex-Christian, and as I said before here, "he can most pity that has felt the woe".

My 14yr old daughter and I just watched his video together. Her first comment was "Is he an idiot?" I told her the same thing I do when she asks about religion: Judge for yourself.

• Like 1

[...deletia...]

...It seems more likely that those who believe in Santa are young children or deluded adults. Agnosticism doesn't seem like a very useful term to me.

[...deletia...]

Trust me, every parent who has ever be up at 1AM on Christmas Day hunting for batteries or reading an assembly manual knows very well that Santa exists. :)

• Like 2