Goodbye Jesus

Hypnotism

Kris

Thanks Margee,

I wrote your statements down, and will use them as some affirmations for myself as well.  I think it is very helpful to give ourselves permission to let go of things. 

I have a funny feeling you were as awesome in any past lives you may have has as you are in this current one.  You are one of the nicest people I know!! 

• Like 1

Thanks Margee,

I have a funny feeling you were as awesome in any past lives you may have has as you are in this current one.  You are one of the nicest people I know!! 

You've just got to be my friend... yellow.gif ....anyone who would say such a nice, nice thing!! Thank you Kris! That made my day!!

Wow, Kris. Thanks for sharing the opinion of the therapist. It's nice to hear about the hypnotic effect of church/pastors. I had not considered it that way before, but it makes total sense.

Also interesting that the therapist has treated others with similar ex-christian issues. That is somehow comforting to know that this is a "normal" problem. (But it's also angering, isn't it? Knowing that this going on for lots of people -- grrrrr.)

I have been thinking... what if hypnotism isn't really "real", but just the power of suggestion? And I say... who cares! You got comfort and acknowledgement from someone you deem to be knowledgeable and authoritative. That is a powerful effect. Whatever works!

I look forward to hearing more about your progress as time passes. Please keep us posted.

Kris, I just wanted to add that when my obsessive thoughts enter in my brain to torture me, I do these affirmations everyday under this music I have posted below. In a way, I am trying to hypnotise or self suggest to my own sub-conscious mind. It is really helping me. Try it sometime.....

1. I want to be free of this problem.

2. I am willing to be free of this problem.

3. I am willing to be free of this problem from now on.

4. I give myself permission to be free of this problem.

5. It is OK for me to be free of this problem.

6. I am willing to receive all the benefits of being free of this problem.

7. I will do everything in my power that is necessary to stay free from this problem.

8. I DESERVE TO BE FREE OF THIS PROBLEM.

Hope it helps a little!!

The music starts off kinda weird, but it get real pretty and is soooooo good for relaxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YExLyZKoA0g

Those are great affirmations. How about:

9. I am free from [the problem].

10. [The problem] is a thing of the past.

11. My consciousness has transcended [the problem].

And maybe in the case of an intrusive thought (vs a behavior).

12. This negative thought is not reality. It is only a thought. It is undeserving of my time. It is powerless. I now dismiss it.

Positive affirmations in the present tense... :-)